The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Graffiti in the West Bank 

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Bensars

Dixie, you are fond of posting articles on the event, yet in the last three days or so youve havent come out and condemned  the killing of the three young men ? 
If it was other way about you would be foaming at the mouth, articles, youtube clips, pictures etc.
Rather you prefer post pictures of fecking graffiti ?

You're no better than the bigot from the west from the province that is on the Nolan show every morning continually stirring the pot !

AZOffaly

Every time something like this happens, Israel reacts like a frenzied pack of wild dogs. Why do they do that? They behave like animals.

And knowing this, why do Palestinian groups do stuff like this, knowing that their civilians will suffer the most.

It's an awful situation that I think only a united international force can solve, but without a real will (not mealy mouthed horse shite) there to do that, it's just going to continue being a cesspit until eventually the Israelis destroy the Palestinians, or all the Arab states declare war on Israel.

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2014, 10:55:47 AM
Every time something like this happens, Israel reacts like a frenzied pack of wild dogs. Why do they do that? They behave like animals.

And knowing this, why do Palestinian groups do stuff like this, knowing that their civilians will suffer the most.

It's an awful situation that I think only a united international force can solve, but without a real will (not mealy mouthed horse shite) there to do that, it's just going to continue being a cesspit until eventually the Israelis destroy the Palestinians, or all the Arab states declare war on Israel.
The Israelis have a persecution complex that comes from the Jewish experience in World War 2. It doesn't matter how big their army is.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/01/murders-israel-jewish-state

And the Jewish bible is misused. Far too many settlers call the Palestinians Amalek.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalek
Of the 613 mitzvot (commandments) followed by Orthodox Jews, three refer to the Amalek: to remember what the Amalekites did to the Israelites, not to forget what the Amalekites did to Israelites, and to destroy the Amalekites utterly

And dead Palestinians are all terrorists
https://www.facebook.com/Kulanuu/posts/836300876379960

It's a land dispute that is exacerbated by religion.
Israeli society is damaged by the ongoing occupation. The situation is not stable and it's only going to get worse.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

deiseach

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2014, 10:55:47 AM

Auden put it best: peace of a kind is what they are after.

Mike Sheehy

This is closer to the mark and applies to extremists on both sides, especially Seafoid and GHD

"Their cause, if they had one, is nothing to them now;
They hate for hate's sake. "

AZOffaly

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 02, 2014, 11:19:07 AM
This is closer to the mark and applies to extremists on both sides, especially Seafoid and GHD

I think that becomes true of any conflict that goes on for a long time.

In this case though, it does look like Israel are flaunting international law with regard to the settlements, and that has to be the basis for any peace. Obviously, Israel and her people would need strong outside assurance that they will be not left out to dry by the international community, because there are those in that region who wish the state of Israel to disappear totally. (And the Israeli/Jewish people too probably).

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 02, 2014, 11:28:18 AM

In this case though, it does look like Israel are flaunting international law with regard to the settlements, and that has to be the basis for any peace. Obviously, Israel and her people would need strong outside assurance that they will be not left out to dry by the international community, because there are those in that region who wish the state of Israel to disappear totally. (And the Israeli/Jewish people too probably).
They have to live together. But it's hard to see any sort of stability while Zionism runs the show.
And Israel has to abide by law because if the tables are turned at some stage they'll need it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

give her dixie

Quote from: Bensars on July 02, 2014, 10:47:08 AM
Dixie, you are fond of posting articles on the event, yet in the last three days or so youve havent come out and condemned  the killing of the three young men ? 
If it was other way about you would be foaming at the mouth, articles, youtube clips, pictures etc.
Rather you prefer post pictures of fecking graffiti ?

You're no better than the bigot from the west from the province that is on the Nolan show every morning continually stirring the pot !

Bensars, as I have said continually before, I condemn all murders whether they are here, there or anywhere else. I have said so on many many occasions.

Of course I condemn the killings of the 3 Israelis, and the 10 Palestinians who have been killed in the same time.

As for posting on the events surrounding their deaths, and those of the Palestinians, I think you will find that I have posted plenty about all the deaths.

As for the graffitti, this has been springing up all across the West Bank in the past few days. It doesn't make great reading now does it?

You obviously don't know too much about me to compare me to some bigot on the Nolan show. Have a scroll through any of my posts and see if you can back up that comparison.

All of a Sludden

Sinn Féin MEP Martina Anderson has today called for an international inquiry into the abduction and killing of three Israeli settlers.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Mike Sheehy

In this case though, it does look like Israel are flaunting international law with regard to the settlements

They are not just flaunting it they are brazenly breaking it

Obviously, Israel and her people would need strong outside assurance that they will be not left out to dry by the international community, because there are those in that region who wish the state of Israel to disappear totally. (And the Israeli/Jewish people too probably).
well, that's the 64million dollar question isn't it ....who are the "international community" and what form would this assurance take ? How would it be enforced ?

AZOffaly

UN Peacekeepers, and a signed agreement that if Israel is attacked by outside agencies, without provocation, that there would be a combined military response and war declared against the other countries.

You would need USA, Russia and China on board, or at least neutral.

The other side of that agreement is that if Israel re-engages its illegal occupation, the same force would declare war on Israel.

give her dixie

AZ, with regards to the settlements, that has now become official Israeli policy. They want to keep on building and building, and it doesn't matter what laws they break, or who they piss off. During the last round of so called peace talks, they stuck 2 fingers up at the US by announcing continued building.

What we have to understand first and foremost in this situation is Zionism. That is what drives the Government, and the majority of Israeli's. They truely believe that "God gave them the land", and they are doing all in their power to get it back. It is often said that the only peace Israel wants is the piece of land called Palestine. Every Palestinian I have met just wants to live in peace, like their ancestors before them. On the other hand, Israel wants their land, and will not stop until they get it. Israel have never declared a border, and are unlikely too as they want to one day have their "Greater Israel" as promised to them.

As for wanting them to disappear, that is a well worn out phrase that they have been using against Iran. However, when you look at the maps of Palestine over the years, its quite clear who is wiping who off the map, and when you count the dead, it is also clear who is wiping who of the face of the earth.

Over the years we have seen the end of Fascism, Nazis, Apartheid, etc. It's now time we seen the end of Zionism. It is the single greatest threat to the region, the Palestinians, and to Israel itself.

Milltown Row2

'Our' troubles seem like a paintball experience to what is going on in the Middle East, fecking religion is the root of all evil there. In other countries it's money. As for the opposing posters on this site can you not find something closer to home to help solve rather than trying to fix something that's been going around for 1500 years?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea