The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 02:45:32 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 02:42:50 PM
Gods chosen ones, with full US support, are back doing what they do best.

2 more Palestinians blown to bits in Gaza in the past hour, taking the death toll to 10 since the 3 illegal settlers went missing over a week ago.

Nice. I have sympathy for the Palestinian People, and I think the Israeli government are a disgrace, but you really make it hard sometimes.

What is nice about this image of 2 Palestinians been evaporated AZ? And what is it about this image and my post that you find hard?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

give her dixie

Quote from: Franko on June 27, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

2 more Palestinians blown to bits in Gaza in the past hour, taking the death toll to 10 since the 3 illegal settlers went missing over a week ago.

Nice. I have sympathy for the Palestinian People, and I think the Israeli government are a disgrace, but you really make it hard sometimes.

+1

GHD and Seafoid endlessly produce articles which I can only assume are an attempt to highlight the goings on in the Middle East in an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the board members.

They then blow their plan to bits as soon as they provide any narrative of their own.

What have I or Seafoid blown to bits Franko? Is it not a US/Israeli airstrike that has blown their plan to bits? Is the photo not real to you? Did I just make this attack up?

seafoid

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
So, what the f**k are Seafoid and I doing wrong?

People are been blown to bits and murdered in cold blood, their land stolen, their houses demolished, their children thrown in jails, prisoners been held without charge or trial and going on mass hunger strike in protest, been locked up in the prison that is called Gaza and starved, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I have been there, I have seen with my own eyes the death and destruction, and I post here on the reality of life for Palestinians. However, it seems Seafoid and myself are in the wrong for doing so, and for reporting on it here.

Lets get back to the reality for many. The world cup and Luis Suarez biting someone.
I have lived there too and seen it up close.
I think the direction that Israel has taken goes against everything Judaism stands for.
Torture is not Jewish. Bombing refugee camps is not Jewish.

If anyone wants to defend Israel, go ahead. They just won't be able to sell their cruelty to the world for much longer.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

+1

GHD and Seafoid endlessly produce articles which I can only assume are an attempt to highlight the goings on in the Middle East in an attempt to win the hearts and minds of the board members.

They then blow their plan to bits as soon as they provide any narrative of their own.

What have I or Seafoid blown to bits Franko? Is it not a US/Israeli airstrike that has blown their plan to bits? Is the photo not real to you? Did I just make this attack up?

You're at it again.  Can't help yourself.

The last three questions you asked are just plain ridiculous and I refuse to answer that sort of crap.

The problem with your original post was the obvious attempt to justify the kidnap of the 3 Israelis because they were 'illegal settlers'. By all means continue with your crusade - but if you ask me you'd be better posting the articles and leaving it at that.  Every time you extend yourself past the copy and paste buttons your hatred and blinkered viewpoint becomes abundantly clear, and it drives people away from the cause you are trying to promote.

Franko

Quote from: seafoid on June 27, 2014, 03:18:11 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 02:59:27 PM
So, what the f**k are Seafoid and I doing wrong?

People are been blown to bits and murdered in cold blood, their land stolen, their houses demolished, their children thrown in jails, prisoners been held without charge or trial and going on mass hunger strike in protest, been locked up in the prison that is called Gaza and starved, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

I have been there, I have seen with my own eyes the death and destruction, and I post here on the reality of life for Palestinians. However, it seems Seafoid and myself are in the wrong for doing so, and for reporting on it here.

Lets get back to the reality for many. The world cup and Luis Suarez biting someone.
I have lived there too and seen it up close.
I think the direction that Israel has taken goes against everything Judaism stands for.
Torture is not Jewish. Bombing refugee camps is not Jewish.

If anyone wants to defend Israel, go ahead. They just won't be able to sell their cruelty to the world for much longer.

Is this supposed to suggest that someone here was defending Israel?  Please refer to the last paragraph of my above post to GHD.

AZOffaly

ghd, seafoid, my 'nice' comment was the manner in which ghd referred to the Kidnapped Israelis. The seeming inability to recognise the bad deeds on one side, while calling down hellfire on the others is very hard to read. I'm sure ye don't care whether I find it hard or not, but I like to think I'm relatively moderate, with a good sense of fairness and justice. If you're making it hard for me to listen to ye on this subject, is that a good thing?

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 03:47:08 PM
ghd, seafoid, my 'nice' comment was the manner in which ghd referred to the Kidnapped Israelis. The seeming inability to recognise the bad deeds on one side, while calling down hellfire on the others is very hard to read. I'm sure ye don't care whether I find it hard or not, but I like to think I'm relatively moderate, with a good sense of fairness and justice. If you're making it hard for me to listen to ye on this subject, is that a good thing?
AZ

I think that was crossed wires.
One of the settler mothers was at the UN this week
It is a personal tragedy for her but until there are rights for everyone in Greater Israel I can't see things
changing for the better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1IV_oEqsS0

they start off by saying "today's debate is focused on human rights in the occupied territories but we can't talk about this because 3 Israelis  have been kidnapped."

That is the problem. Some people are more important than others.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

I agree that Israel's behaviour is disgraceful at times. I just think it helps the discussion more when you accept that people are doing disgraceful things in the name of the Palestinian people as well. And this makes the Israelis react in an even more abominable way.

I understand the effort to highlight the disgusting abuses that go on there, and I admire the genuine efforts to help the people, but by ONLY castigating the ill deeds on one side, it just makes it hard to take sometimes.

I am also aware that the deaths caused by Israelis far outnumber the deaths caused by Hamas or any other Palestinian group.

give her dixie

Can someone please post evidence that the 3 illegal settlers were indeed kidnapped by Palestinians?

AZOffaly

Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 04:50:30 PM
Can someone please post evidence that the 3 illegal settlers were indeed kidnapped by Palestinians?

Why do you keep calling them that? Why can't you say the 3 israelis, or the 3 teenagers?

give her dixie

Quote from: Franko on June 27, 2014, 03:19:26 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 03:06:34 PM

+1

You're at it again.  Can't help yourself.

The last three questions you asked are just plain ridiculous and I refuse to answer that sort of crap.

The problem with your original post was the obvious attempt to justify the kidnap of the 3 Israelis because they were 'illegal settlers'. By all means continue with your crusade - but if you ask me you'd be better posting the articles and leaving it at that.  Every time you extend yourself past the copy and paste buttons your hatred and blinkered viewpoint becomes abundantly clear, and it drives people away from the cause you are trying to promote.

Franko, under international law, the 3 people who are alleged to have been kidnapped are classed as illegal settlers. Where have I indicated that their supposed abduction is justified? 

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 04:53:13 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on June 27, 2014, 04:50:30 PM

Why do you keep calling them that? Why can't you say the 3 israelis, or the 3 teenagers?

Because that is what they are AZ. They are illegal settlers as classified under international law. Do you dispute that?

AZOffaly

No. But they are also 3 teenage kids. It's interesting that you feel the need to use that term I think.

give her dixie

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 27, 2014, 05:04:31 PM
No. But they are also 3 teenage kids. It's interesting that you feel the need to use that term I think.

AZ, for the past week or so I have been reporting on this supposed abduction by Palestinians (after all, it is Israel who have said it was the Palestinians without any proof), and the subsequent aftermath that has left 10 Palestinians dead. It is very sad indeed that you choose to have a go at me for calling them illegal settlers and refuse to condemn Israel for the brutal murders of 10 people, several of whom are children.

But hey, knock yourself out and have a go at me as it is easier to do than to show some sympathy for those mourning their dead.

AZOffaly

Where exactly have I refused to condemn the attacks by Israel? Was it when I said -

"I agree that Israel's behaviour is disgraceful at times."

or

"And this makes the Israelis react in an even more abominable way."

or maybe this

"I understand the effort to highlight the disgusting abuses that go on there, and I admire the genuine efforts to help the people"

The problem seems to be that I also feel empathy for human suffering on the other side as well. Sorry about that.