The Palestine thread

Started by give her dixie, October 17, 2012, 01:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossiewanderer

You are an idiot Seafoid.I asked a simple question and you label me a supporter of Israel which I am not!!

Why dont you bring a Palestine flag along to a football match and show your solidarity with the rest of the Muppets!!

Its clear your simply anti Israel or else you would be raising awareness of other world issues that are on an equal if not far worse footing than Israel/Palestine.

muppet

Quote from: rossiewanderer on June 02, 2014, 03:58:15 PM

How about you tell us something that is important to you, something that involves life or death.

And then we can watch when someone like you shits on it.
Plenty of life and death matters in our own country to worry about.

Can you answer why Palestine is put on a pedestal above far worse cases of life and death in the world by people like you?
Their are many other countries that are suffering from Corrupt regimes,war,starvation and  killing at a rate that greatly exceeds palestine.

This is similar to the Sinn Fein hierarchy of victims argument.

That argument doesn't work for the same reason yours doesn't work. When you get into the ranking of atrocities, as a cover to defend a particular atrocity, most people will automatically dismiss your views on any moral issue.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: rossiewanderer on June 02, 2014, 05:36:24 PM
You are an idiot Seafoid.I asked a simple question and you label me a supporter of Israel which I am not!!

Why dont you bring a Palestine flag along to a football match and show your solidarity with the rest of the Muppets!!

Its clear your simply anti Israel or else you would be raising awareness of other world issues that are on an equal if not far worse footing than Israel/Palestine.
I regularly post on climate change and economics and Roscommon football, most of which are on a far worse footing than Israel/Palestine.
I'm sick of Israel fans using the number of dead as an exercise to shut down criticism of Israel.
Israel has signed many international treaties which hold it to respect human rights and it doesn't give a flying f**k about the human rights of non Jews in the occupied territories. 

I just don't see how Israel is sustainable.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

Seafood, can you name one "Israel fan" on this board?

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on June 02, 2014, 07:25:21 PM
Anyone who brings up "it's worse in the DRC" is playing hasbara.
What's wrong with expecting Israel to play by international law ?
None of the unionists ever got away with "South Armagh is way better than El Salvador".

seafoid

5 posts and straight onto Israel. It's not fair to the Rossies .

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2014, 07:38:23 PM
None of the unionists ever got away with "South Armagh is way better than El Salvador".

You didn't name anyone of course.

You might find it annoying that someone would dare question your position on Israel or even more annoying they compare the Israel/Palestine problem to some other hell hole but that does not make someone an "Israel Fan". Perhaps if you stopped labeling opponents this way some of them might listen to you. You don't like when you are called an anti Semite.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on June 02, 2014, 07:45:38 PM

You might find it annoying that someone would dare question your position on Israel or even more annoying they compare the Israel/Palestine problem to some other hell hole but that does not make someone an "Israel Fan". Perhaps if you stopped labeling opponents this way some of them might listen to you. You don't like when you are called an anti Semite.
You and Sheehy come out with hasbara when it suits you.You're not interested in fair play for the Palestinians.
I think Israel is important because it's trying to redefine the rules of war. The next time things deteriorate seriously in the UK and they feel the need  to take over some land in Cavan the rules of war are going to be important.   

Calling people who deplore what Israel to the Palestinians anti-Semites is a joke.
Sheehy has nothing to say on the subject other than insulting people anyway.

Itchy

Seafood. You're a slippery bluffer. You know full well ive no time Israel , ive said it many times but I don't support what your buddies do targeting innocent civilians themselves. I consider that a balanced approach but you are one sided and incapable of sticking to a point or answering a question. You and the other plonker do more harm than good.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2014, 09:52:45 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 02, 2014, 07:45:38 PM

You and Sheehy come out with hasbara when it suits you.You're not interested in fair play for the Palestinians.
I think Israel is important because it's trying to redefine the rules of war. The next time things deteriorate seriously in the UK and they feel the need  to take over some land in Cavan the rules of war are going to be important.   

Calling people who deplore what Israel to the Palestinians anti-Semites is a joke.
Sheehy has nothing to say on the subject other than insulting people anyway.

No, it is YOU that I am calling an anti-Semite not people who deplore what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. As far as I know, everybody that has called you out on Israel on this and other threads has gone on record criticizing Israel. You on the other hand refuse to even acknowledge the obvious infiltration of the Palestinian cause by anti-semites (why would you, I suppose,  since you are one ::)) and, more specifically, you have refused to condemn GHD's proven (by his own posts) links to known anti-semites and Nazi websites.

As for insults, yeah... well, I make no apologies for not playing nice with bigots. You've been at this shite on gaaboard for at least 13 years. For the most part you've gotten a pass because most people just couldn't be bothered engaging in this incessant cut'n'paste campaign of yours. However we have all seen what is going on in Europe with the rise of the the extreme right (not that the extreme left are much better...their anti-Semitism is just as bad) so it is very important that ,at this particular point in European history, that demagogues are challenged wherever they raise their ugly heads.

rossiewanderer

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

I regularly post on climate change and economics and Roscommon football, most of which are on a far worse footing than Israel/Palestine.
I'm sick of Israel fans using the number of dead as an exercise to shut down criticism of Israel.
Israel has signed many international treaties which hold it to respect human rights and it doesn't give a flying f**k about the human rights of non Jews in the occupied territories. 

Israel Fans!! Your gas

seafoid

The problem with Israel is that it needs a lot of torture to keep the show on the road and it's supposed to be a Jewish state that showcases the best of Judaism.

So there's an inner contradiction there that means it's not looking good long term.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on June 02, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

I'm sick of Israel fans using the number of dead as an exercise to shut down criticism of Israel. Israel has signed many international treaties which hold it to respect human rights and it doesn't give a flying f**k about the human rights of non Jews in the occupied territories. 

That is rich. For 13 years you have shouted down anyone who doesnt share your fanatical view of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict and labelled them "zionists" so you will forgive us if we ignore your hypocritical whining.

seafoid

I think this is why Israel has such PR  trouble nowadays

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/rabbis-round-table/.premium-1.596840#

"The Jewish people are charged with being the ethical leaders of the world, Jerusalem is meant to be the city of peace and we are meant to be the shining moral example; "a light of the nations" (Isaiah 42:7)."

Moral relativism is a long way short of this.

Mike Sheehy

Seafoid, you do realize that everytime that you quote Haaretz you undermine your position that Israelis are a heinous mob in the grip fanatical oppressive ultra-orthodoxy.

Just for the benefit of those that do not know , Haaretz is Israel's oldest daily paper and has a significant circulation.It is a very fair and balanced source and is constantly critical of Israeli policy (It also publishes articles critical of Hamas , Fatah etc. For some reason Seafoid neglects to post those articles ::))

As an example, a few days ago GHD cut'n'pasted an article from Haaretz called "Why all Israelis are cowards" which detailed what was ,basically ,a war crime by a soldier who shot two youngsters in Beitunia.

That is a (justifiably) very strong headline. I would say that that headline demonstrates , unequivocally, the health of the debate within Israel and the very real , good faith, efforts of Israelis to come to terms with the Israeli/palestinian conflict.

I bolded the "good faith" bit because it is the nub of  my issue with Seafoid and Give her Dixie. It is their singular lack of "good faith" in all their posts that irks me . Not only do they display a complete lack of balance but, with their selective quoting, they add insult to Injury by abusing the good faith of those that try to be balanced.