Peppa Pig accused of sexism

Started by BennyCake, March 19, 2019, 05:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Quote from: Taylor on March 20, 2019, 11:15:19 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on March 20, 2019, 11:02:32 AM
Quote from: Taylor on March 20, 2019, 09:47:08 AM
Its ridiculous to be fair. More examples of a world gone mad.

Like Sam Smith reckons he isnt anything.

How are you supposed to define as a man or woman now? Surely your genitalia is a factor?

Or maybe nowadays what you have doesnt mean anything

It's what you THINK you are now. Science doesn't matter. We have to pretend to not see it and just believe in lies.

So if I think I am a woman can I now line out for the Ladies County team?

I believe it will come to that. Sure didn't Martina Navratilova have to apologise for stating similar?

J70

So we've gone from saying "firefighter" instead of "fireman" in Peppa Pig to men claiming to be women lining out for inter county teams.

How do you lads get up in the morning with your angst about the modern world?

thewobbler

What shitfuckery.

(The majority of) Women are naturally maternal because they have wombs. (The majority of) Men do "men's things", partly because it doesn't take them 9 months to grow a child, but mainly because the division of labour has always required them to do so.

These are not social constructs. They're physiological constructs that are reinforced by economics.

RedHand88

man
/man/Submit
Learn to pronounce
noun
an adult human male.
"a small man with mischievous eyes"
synonyms:   male, adult male, gentleman, youth; More
a human being of either sex; a person
"God cares for all men"
synonyms:   human being, human, person, mortal, individual, personage, soul
"all men are mortal"

RedHand88

How are you supposed to define as a man or woman now? Surely your genitalia is a factor?

There is no biological objective standard anymore. It's become "I think, therefore I am."

Dolph1

Quote from: BennyCake on March 20, 2019, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: Taylor on March 20, 2019, 11:15:19 AM
Quote from: Dolph1 on March 20, 2019, 11:02:32 AM

It's what you THINK you are now. Science doesn't matter. We have to pretend to not see it and just believe in lies.

So if I think I am a woman can I now line out for the Ladies County team?

I believe it will come to that. Sure didn't Martina Navratilova have to apologise for stating similar?

Yep. She is now a target for the mob for speaking out. Sharron Davies similarly.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

Taylor

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 20, 2019, 01:31:58 PM

There is no biological objective standard anymore. It's become "I think, therefore I am."

Mental - just mental

Dolph1

Smash the patriarchy!! Straight Pink Male privilege must be crushed. etc.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

paddyjohn

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on March 19, 2019, 11:30:59 PM
Peppa Pig one of the best shows on TV.

Daddy Pig does get a raw deal, heart definitely goes out to him. From trying to put up pictures on the wall to having to take Peppa to work with him to getting slagged off for not being sport enough. Plus they are never done fat-shaming the man and him the only one who works in that house.He has it rough. Peppa is a bit of a wee bitch and could do with a kick up the hole on occasion.

Mr Bull a total legend. Anything to be rootin and tearing about in his digger.
A Tree falls down...."Lets dig up the roooooooad!!"
A leaky tap...."Lets dig up the roooooooad!!"
The lights go out...."Lets dig up the roooooooad!!"
We're out of milk...."Lets dig up the roooooooad!!"

And Mr Fox and his fella....2 dodgier boyos you couldnt meet.

Pedro Pony is personal fave though...always wearing the wrong clothes and slow to catch on but hes definitely smarter than he lets on.

Quality!!

Pedro is the man!

magpie seanie

That didn't take long to read. My ignore list seems very triggered by Peppa Pig!

nrico2006

The world is a confusing place - I see Sam Smith has updated what he is recently; he is now non-binary.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Main Street

Quote from: thewobbler on March 20, 2019, 12:24:38 PM
What shitfuckery.

(The majority of) Women are naturally maternal because they have wombs. (The majority of) Men do "men's things", partly because it doesn't take them 9 months to grow a child, but mainly because the division of labour has always required them to do so.

These are not social constructs. They're physiological constructs that are reinforced by economics.
Now I definitely have the opinion that Evolution of the Species and  Human Biology should be a compulsary part of the secondary school currriculum.

trailer

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2019, 12:08:25 PM
The world is a confusing place - I see Sam Smith has updated what he is recently; he is now non-binary.

What's to stop a pervert saying he's female or saying she's male to access gender specific areas? I'm thinking toilets and changing facilities. One thing this world has plenty of, is perverts.
I appreciate people can be transitioning etc and I'm totally ok with that. But this gender neutral shite is a load of dung. Lets call Sam Smith's stunt out for what it is. A publicity stunt.

Taylor

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 19, 2019, 12:08:25 PM

Already being sexist nrico.
Sam should only be referred to as 'they'

World is completely fecked