The Fine Gael thread

Started by Maguire01, October 16, 2012, 08:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Regina Doherty making a show of herself again today

Angelo

Some absolutely shocking revelations regarding Varadkar.

You'd imagine at the very minimum, this is a resignation matter.

https://villagemagazineireland2020.medium.com/leo-varadkar-lawbreaker-t%C3%A1naiste-leaked-confidential-document-to-friend-efdd1f14cfcb
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

grounded

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2020, 12:59:38 PM
Some absolutely shocking revelations regarding Varadkar.

You'd imagine at the very minimum, this is a resignation matter.

https://villagemagazineireland2020.medium.com/leo-varadkar-lawbreaker-t%C3%A1naiste-leaked-confidential-document-to-friend-efdd1f14cfcb

Just shows the type of shit that goes on in the background at the top levels of government.
      Your man  Maitiú Ó Tuathail is a liability to say the least and Leo Varadker has left himself wide open for criticism. Its the same type of Cronyism thats been going on in Irish political life since the state's inception. Very depressing

Angelo

You'd imagine there is absolutely no way Varadkar can survive this. If the allegations stand up he will either be forced to resign or it will collapse the government.

Angelo

Looks like he is Donald Ducked.

No denial of leaking the document to his friend, his contention is that the document was actually available to the public but this was contended at that very time by the current Minister for Health and also the messages from the group he leaked the document to would suggest that it was not in the public domain.

Can only see a resignation or the collapse of government here. Another odious example of the corrupt nature of FFG.

skeog

Mary Lou be heading to the Park by the end of the week.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on October 31, 2020, 02:15:05 PM
You'd imagine there is absolutely no way Varadkar can survive this. If the allegations stand up he will either be forced to resign or it will collapse the government.

I don't think it is all that serious. If he provided the document after the agreement then it is not a hanging offence, the government should not be making secret agreements with pressure groups.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on October 31, 2020, 09:20:56 PM

I don't think it is all that serious. If he provided the document after the agreement then it is not a hanging offence, the government should not be making secret agreements with pressure groups.

Not serious? Are you having a laugh?

It's a resigning offence and if he doesn't it has the potential to collapse the government.

He leaked classified and confidential documents to a friend in order to give them some sort of advantage. He hasn't denied the leaking of the information and he has said it was not best practice. His only contention is that it was already available and this seems to be contended by both the current Minister for Health when the leak happened and the parties to which the documents were leaked to at the time of the leak.

This is a proper shitstorm and I can't see any way he can survive this.

He is fucked, it's far, far, far more serious of a matter than any of the resignations involving recent ministers and Hogan.

Varadkar is a narcissist and won't go easily, Martin is a slimey, power-obsessed fraud who needs Varadkar to retain his tenuous grasp to government, somethings got to give though.

The media have been very, very quiet on such a big scandal so far but when the opposition get ripped into him in the Dail and he is pressed on this there will be no other option but for them to give it the proper coverage it deserves and when that happens the public are going to demand blood.

Not to mention the fact that there will be an element in FF who will want their pound of flesh after they had two ministers fall on the sword. This is the end of the FFG government as far as I can see.

Lar Naparka

Taken at face value, it might not be all that serious but the fact that neither Micheál Martin nor Eamon Ryan made any move to divert flak from him means he is in deep doo doo  when the coalition parties meet behind closed doors.
As well as that, there's a hefty rump in FG that dislike him intensely and the chances of him surviving when the controversy runs its course are pretty slim.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

armaghniac

If it gets rid of Varadkar then that is fine by me, he is a mé féiner. One issue is that he would not give the information to TDs, this is the real issue. I wonder did Mary Lou get wind of this, it was certainly a good week for her to sack a few people. She should ring Martin and tell him that he stay as Taoiseach for the rest of his half term if he dumps FG and does a deal with her.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

Quote from: armaghniac on November 01, 2020, 01:01:12 AM
If it gets rid of Varadkar then that is fine by me, he is a mé féiner. One issue is that he would not give the information to TDs, this is the real issue. I wonder did Mary Lou get wind of this, it was certainly a good week for her to sack a few people. She should ring Martin and tell him that he stay as Taoiseach for the rest of his half term if he dumps FG and does a deal with her.

The big issue is cronyism and how the leader of the country was meddling in matters that could have a profound impact on healthcare and potentially on public funds to give his friends a leg up.

Not giving TDs the info is not the problem, looking after his friends interests in direct conflict with that of the state, who he was leader of is. This is no way trivial, it's as serious as it gets for a state leader. His position is completely untenable and I'd be absolutely shocked if he can survive this. Politically the 26 is rotten but how rotten we will soon find out.

Baile Brigín 2

He provided a commercial entity run by a friend the draft text of a yet unsigned agreement with another commercial entity. This is a breach of the state secrets act and the corruption act.

The question is who fires him. Its up to FG and they are as weak as piss at the moment.

bennydorano

Pearse Doherty gave him some grilling, Leo looked as guilty as sin, squirming.

Why is that man not SF Leader????