Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Jeez, 5/2 .....watch out for the rush....

realisticsaff

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 01, 2023, 06:34:59 PM
Jeez, 5/2 .....watch out for the rush....

I really wouldn't worry about them

paddyjohn

Hurlers get Portugal and the footballers get Glenariffe. 😉

ck

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 01, 2023, 05:24:19 PM
Just saw betting for 2023 senior football championship and Brigid's are second favourites.......ffs.

Interesting considering not one Downey transfer has officially gone through yet and the Championship draw hasn't even taken place.

EOC1923

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 01, 2023, 05:24:19 PM
Just saw betting for 2023 senior football championship and Brigid's are second favourites.......ffs.
Laughably this is actually true 🤣🤣🤣

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 01, 2023, 07:02:30 PM
Hurlers get Portugal and the footballers get Glenariffe. 😉

Most probably got lost on the way to it ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

At least they let them on the pitch
Remember Lougheil had a no big ball policy
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 01, 2023, 09:36:33 PM
At least they let them on the pitch
Remember Lougheil had a no big ball policy

Nothing wrong with that! Wonder did they mark out the 45's!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Things have improved beyond recognition since before the arrival of Saffron Vision, county squads get everything they need, with full support teams to back it up. Work going on behind the scenes in coaching and fundraising that  we would have given an arm for a decade ago, and while it's not perfect by any stretch, we are very obviously making great progress in the right areas.

As someone who has a long history of calling out the county "board" for their ineptitude, going back several decades, I can assure those current dissidents that if they had been around pre Paddy O' Hara report into football affairs in the county and what we have now.....its like day and night. And I'm happy to give plenty of examples.

Haters will hate, but the show must go on.

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on April 02, 2023, 08:11:30 AM
Things have improved beyond recognition since before the arrival of Saffron Vision, county squads get everything they need, with full support teams to back it up. Work going on behind the scenes in coaching and fundraising that  we would have given an arm for a decade ago, and while it's not perfect by any stretch, we are very obviously making great progress in the right areas.

As someone who has a long history of calling out the county "board" for their ineptitude, going back several decades, I can assure those current dissidents that if they had been around pre Paddy O' Hara report into football affairs in the county and what we have now.....its like day and night. And I'm happy to give plenty of examples.

My posts were more for stirring the pot than anything.

Haters going to hate surely, again depends on what agenda they wanna push.

imtommygunn

Glenariffe have a ladies football team anyway so not as averse to the big ball plus various county teams seem to have been at that kilmore house.

Funny set of finals yesterday. I think we'd have bother with Sligo but on the flip side wouldn't be convinced there'd be much between us and Fermanagh.

Minder

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 02, 2023, 11:13:42 AM
Glenariffe have a ladies football team anyway so not as averse to the big ball plus various county teams seem to have been at that kilmore house.

Funny set of finals yesterday. I think we'd have bother with Sligo but on the flip side wouldn't be convinced there'd be much between us and Fermanagh.

I'm not sure they will be invited back anytime soon from what I have heard
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

paddyjohn

InnocentByStander

Quote from: bannside on April 02, 2023, 08:11:30 AM

Get everything they need?
They couldn't get a bus to longford...

paddyjohn

Maybe the bus money was used to pay the weekend in Waterfoot. 🤐😉