Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: topofthesoil on November 14, 2019, 01:53:54 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 14, 2019, 09:57:29 AM
Sympathy in short supply for the lads at Loughmacrory anyway.

Its only a matter of delaying the inevitable regardless.
Why no sympathy?

Their players have been behaving poorly about two years now - IF they go up, we'll see if that continues...D1 teams will not stand for that type of caper.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 14, 2019, 01:58:56 PM

Why no sympathy?

Their players have been behaving poorly about two years now - IF they go up, we'll see if that continues...D1 teams will not stand for that type of caper.
What are the D1 teams going to do in terms of not putting up with it? Can't exactly retaliate and get the line? That's playing into what they want..

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Pearse Blue on November 14, 2019, 04:14:49 PM

Why no sympathy?

What are the D1 teams going to do in terms of not putting up with it? Can't exactly retaliate and get the line? That's playing into what they want..

Let's just say I would be hugely surprised if any team in D1 let Loughmacrory get away with some of the shite they (apparently) have been at over the past year. They'll not go to Dromore, Ardboe, Coalisland, Clonoe and the likes and get away with that nonsense.

Cookstown tried that behaviour in D1 awhile ago too. Very few teams in senior football will let a newly promoted team bully them or attempt to.

Tyrone95

Why no sympathy?

The top end D1 teams (and various bottom half) teams have players which will not stand for it - in terms of marking their scoring forwards aggressively yet not getting sucked into the shenanigans associated with them this last few years. I would imagine if Lough go up would be favourites for the drop. I don't think they will win 3 games on the bounce to go up though and will spend another year in Division 2... I fancy Eglish to stay up with or without McKenna in the playoffs

pressupking

hearing Barton gone from Edendork.

obvious choice to take over i thought was Brian McGuckin who has left his role with Pomeroy but i'm hearing he is now the new man at the Helm in Clonoe.

any other new appointments heard off?

bigtogs

Quote from: pressupking on November 14, 2019, 05:47:28 PM
hearing Barton gone from Edendork.

obvious choice to take over i thought was Brian McGuckin who has left his role with Pomeroy but i'm hearing he is now the new man at the Helm in Clonoe.

any other new appointments heard off?

Unless you are mystic Meg i would doubt it...

WT4E

Why no sympathy?

2 years????:-[

ANON2018

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 14, 2019, 04:23:38 PM

Why no sympathy?

Let's just say I would be hugely surprised if any team in D1 let Loughmacrory get away with some of the shite they (apparently) have been at over the past year. They'll not go to Dromore, Ardboe, Coalisland, Clonoe and the likes and get away with that nonsense.

Cookstown tried that behaviour in D1 awhile ago too. Very few teams in senior football will let a newly promoted team bully them or attempt to.

Cookstown of 2010-2013 came to mind here. They became the most hated team in the county for a while. It hasn't ended well for them in the long term however they did win 2 all-irelands. Lochmacrory doing a cookstown without the silverware :-\

Pearse Blue

Was thinking about it, most D1 teams wouldn't pass any remarks on the Lough, they aren't good enough footballers to cause that many teams problems. Top 8 or 9 would find no issues when playing them bar a few burst lips (maybe) or bite marks

Mikhailov

Quote from: Peter john on November 14, 2019, 10:59:46 PM
Hearing Paul Duke and Francie Muldoon in at Arboe,before someone jumps in about P Duke u20 manager,horse Devlin was in there while involved with Tyrone seniors

Interesting - never heard of a Francie Muldoon but there is a Fabian Muldoon from neighbours Ballinderry. Is it him? Comes with a good reputation and has managed Ballinderry seniors a few times.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: ANON2018 on November 15, 2019, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 14, 2019, 04:23:38 PM

Why no sympathy?

Cookstown of 2010-2013 came to mind here. They became the most hated team in the county for a while. It hasn't ended well for them in the long term however they did win 2 all-irelands. Lochmacrory doing a cookstown without the silverware :-\

I mind that outfit alright, played against them....some interesting characters. Unfortunately now seems like they are seeing the results of dividing the club

phpearse

QuoteCookstown tried that behaviour in D1 awhile ago too. Very few teams in senior football will let a newly promoted team bully them or attempt to.

I mind that outfit alright, played against them....some interesting characters. Unfortunately now seems like they are seeing the results of dividing the club

They weren't that well behaved on Sunday past either.

Tyrone Gaa

I still think Cookstown have that tag as a disliked club (if not the most).  They were a team of complete thugs for years. I wont be disappointed to see them take the drop into junior football.  Loughmacrory are on the edge there have been serious incidents that put the spotlight on their club due to some players actions but I wouldnt say the team go out to look to shake things up the way that Cookstown 1 to 15 was full of dirt.  Which is a pity because when you sit back and see the good work off the pitch that Loughmarcory are doing they are a beacon showing all clubs what's possible with a united community
Living the dream!!!

Goals_Will_Come

Stevie McDonnell taking over Clonoe for 2020.

redzone

Did niall oneill step down, thought he done a great job last year with them.