The SDLP

Started by ardmhachaabu, April 23, 2010, 09:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Em, no, not really. What I was doing was pointing out that after NS had his little dig (in his head) at "middle class" professions I pointed out that an awful lot of Sinn Fein supporters aspire to enter such professions.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2010, 11:40:17 PM
Em, no, not really. What I was doing was pointing out that after NS had his little dig (in his head) at "middle class" professions I pointed out that an awful lot of Sinn Fein supporters aspire to enter such professions.
What you did was make a strange generalisation about people wearing GAA tops to university lectures.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:41:31 PM
What you did was make a strange generalisation about people wearing GAA tops to university lectures.

Strange to you perhaps? As I pointed out, I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2010, 11:47:40 PM

Strange to you perhaps? As I pointed out, I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment.
How do you know you have more of an insight than me?
I'm also pretty sure you have never conducted a survey among gaa top wearing students in queens or jordanstown - you didn't even go to university there as I recall.

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:51:53 PM

I'm also pretty sure you have never conducted a survey among gaa top wearing students in queens or jordanstown - you didn't even go to university there as I recall.

Believe what you want, I actually don't give a shit. I'm pretty secure in my belief in the original statement.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 07, 2010, 11:53:14 PM

Believe what you want, I actually don't give a shit. I'm pretty secure in my belief in the original statement.
aye alright - you know all about the voting habits of gaa top wearing students in universities you never even attended.  ::)

gallsman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:57:52 PM

aye alright - you know all about the voting habits of gaa top wearing students in universities you never even attended.  ::)

A lot more than you do, yes.

Nally Stand

Pints, what Gallsman is trying to say is that you are too old to understand and are simply below him.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Needless to say, Gallsman is the mule
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

pintsofguinness

Quote from: gallsman on November 08, 2010, 12:14:21 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 07, 2010, 11:57:52 PM

A lot more than you do, yes.

Aye, you know everything  ::)

Banana Man

QuoteStrange to you perhaps? As I pointed out, I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment.How do you know you have more of an insight than me?

Tell you what Gallsman you certainly bought into the Trinity education when you went down there. Your attitude seems to be, we debate your point of view and the other one then decide you are right. You put me in mind of alasdair mcdonnell  ::)

dodgy umpire

I too am of the same generation as gallsman and his comments would be fairly accurate. There actually was a survey carried out which found that 25% of the students would support sinn fein, and the three other main parties fared around 10%-14% or so. A large proportion of students didn't care
The Boys in Red and Black are back

gallsman

Quote from: Banana Man on November 08, 2010, 10:29:51 AM
QuoteStrange to you perhaps? As I pointed out, I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment.How do you know you have more of an insight than me?

Tell you what Gallsman you certainly bought into the Trinity education when you went down there. Your attitude seems to be, we debate your point of view and the other one then decide you are right. You put me in mind of alasdair mcdonnell  ::)

Well that's just shite of the highest order, isn't it? I've stated what my belief is based on and in return all that has been presented is a load of crap with no evidence to justify any other opinion. I've already stated that I have no firm evidence and my belief purely comes from generational insight and frienships amongst the various classes mentioned earlier.

The higlighted bit makes no sense. Maybe it's because you didn't go to Trinity or something that you can't communicate effectively. You know, seeing as I go on about it so much and try to remind everyone of my superiority.  ::) ::)

Banana Man

QuoteQuote from: Banana Man on Today at 10:29:51 AM
Strange to you perhaps? As I pointed out, I'd have a lot more insight into that demographic's mindset so am slightly more qualified to comment.How do you know you have more of an insight than me?

Tell you what Gallsman you certainly bought into the Trinity education when you went down there. Your attitude seems to be, we debate your point of view and the other one then decide you are right. You put me in mind of alasdair mcdonnell 

Well that's just shite of the highest order, isn't it? I've stated what my belief is based on and in return all that has been presented is a load of crap with no evidence to justify any other opinion. I've already stated that I have no firm evidence and my belief purely comes from generational insight and frienships amongst the various classes mentioned earlier.

The higlighted bit makes no sense. Maybe it's because you didn't go to Trinity or something that you can't communicate effectively. You know, seeing as I go on about it so much and try to remind everyone of my superiority.

Is that your attempt at debate? label everything as shite?

Maybe I gave you too much credit. Trinity would be seen as one of the last bastions of imperialism in Dublin, the last of the blueblood etc, they would foster and encourage the condescending attitude that you continuously represent here, with the sweeping generalisations of the 'bog Irish'.

If you had read what I posted you would see I was referring to you dismissing pints argument simply because you believed you were better qualified than him despite not knowing what experience he would have on the matter.

Certainly looks like you bought into the arrogant dogma of trinity very well. Mission accomplished.

screenexile

I think that's a very sweeping generalisation that Gallsman has made there. I would have worn the odd Gaelic jersey around Queen's but have never and would never vote Sinn Fein.

Having said that I have not voted for anyone in years as the SDLP nor any of the other parties have put forward somebody I want to vote for. Our political system is a joke and the sooner we can get real leaders who get things done rather than people who like to take cheap shots and settle old scores the better in my view!!

PS. Gregory Campbell is the worst excuse of a Public Representative I have ever come across. Cannot stand him at all!