Jason Corbett

Started by Seany, August 09, 2017, 10:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 12:39:28 PM
She had a brick on her bedside cabinet which she used.
If that isnt pre-meditated...............

They were trying to say he was a threat to her. She could easily say the brick was to protect herself. Equally with the drugs, it would be hard to say from where he got them/who made the drink/who added the drug.

I think it's fairly clear they were out to get him, but I think it's also fair to say that while you can infer stuff, it's hard to prove that.

Taylor

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

They were trying to say he was a threat to her. She could easily say the brick was to protect herself. Equally with the drugs, it would be hard to say from where he got them/who made the drink/who added the drug.

I think it's fairly clear they were out to get him, but I think it's also fair to say that while you can infer stuff, it's hard to prove that.

Too many variables for 1st degree I suppose.

Justice served for the family in any case

AZOffaly

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 12:49:41 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on August 10, 2017, 12:47:09 PM

Too many variables for 1st degree I suppose.

Justice served for the family in any case

In this case, justice might have been better served by dropping the pair of them off in Southill or Moyross, with placards around their necks.

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2017, 11:17:57 AM
Was there no explanation of why?
It looks like he was planning to go back to Ireland without her.
So she stopped it.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2017, 01:44:51 PM
Quote from: screenexile on August 10, 2017, 11:17:57 AM
Was there no explanation of why?
It looks like he was planning to go back to Ireland without her.
So she stopped it.

She was the main beneficiary of the life insurance policy. He wanted to leave and go back to Ireland with the kids. It's not hard to infer that a divorce was coming, which would have affected the life insurance policy payout.

quit yo jibbajabba

jaysus wouldn't it be great if more threads were like this. reasonable discussion.

carry on.

(ive just stopped the thread haven't I)  :o

tyrone girl

She allegedly wanted the kids also but he refused to let her adopt them.

Taylor

The 'oul fella by accounts I have read is a bit of a tool.

Ex FBI who thought he was untouchable.

She wasnt the natural mother of the kids unless I am missing something?

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 02:42:43 PM

no. His first wife was . She died of an asthma Attack. Second wife was originally hired as a nanny

Taylor

Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2017, 02:51:05 PM

no. His first wife was . She died of an asthma Attack. Second wife was originally hired as a nanny

Which was why I dont buy the line that he was leaving with the kids as the reason for them killing him.

While she would have had an attachment to them surely the lure of the $$$$$$ from the insurance company must have been the reason

seafoid

Quote from: Taylor on August 10, 2017, 02:57:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 10, 2017, 02:51:05 PM

Which was why I dont buy the line that he was leaving with the kids as the reason for them killing him.

While she would have had an attachment to them surely the lure of the $$$$$$ from the insurance company must have been the reason
She didn't work. If he went back to Ireland he would have divorced her and left her and as no kids the maintenance would have been low. she might have lost the house. I don't think she acted rationally.

seafoid

She comes across as a liar and a fantasist. Maybe the marriage was over. There was no love lost between her parents and the deceased. Maybe he had enough of her. Then the marriage gave her a status and a standard of living that she couldn't have on her own. 
You would have to feel sorry for the poor kids

Bord na Mona man

She was clearly a dingbat and might have some condition that she needs help with, but you'd have to wonder about her father.
With his FBI background, he should have been able to stage the crime scene a lot better to make it look more like self defence.

The forensics were fascinating and in a sense they gave Jason Corbett a voice in the trial.
Without them, it would have been easier for them to spin the self-defence yarn.