Ulster Club Hurling League

Started by Lecale2, January 05, 2007, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

yes CJ does a bit of mouthing but once Gerard booked him that was that.

i'm all for no talking back to the referee, but some decisions (not last night) but certainly against Lamhs the refereeing was terrible, it can be hard to hold back.

Johnneycool ye must be tired of coming up to Belfast? Loughgiel will bring down a strong squad as usual, we played their 'reserve' team a few weeks ago. they had county men on the team and ex county men on the team unreal

Balboa

Milltown have you ever noticed how teams up here react to a ref's decision compared to down south? They just get on with it no matter how bad the decision/hard the challenge. The problem up here is when there is a hard man/ball/everybody tackle you are half expecting the supporters to be in over the fence. As a manager once told us he has never seen a ref change his mind after giving a decision.

johnneycool

Quote from: milltown row on July 26, 2007, 03:49:22 PM
yes CJ does a bit of mouthing but once Gerard booked him that was that.

He got booked in the first 5 minutes but later on in the second half he called gerard a 'f**king w**ker' more or less to his face, Gerard pointed to him and verbally warned him, even your fullback told him to shut up, but I don't think he can help himself.

Now I've questioned manys a referee's decision in my time but once you get into personal insults, the referee's and county boards have to take action or we'll have no referee's at all.

As for Loughgeile they have a very strong panel of 25 or so hurlers or a similar ability/style, good senior hurlers but lacking in that something come championship. The UHL is all well and good but we're not taking it too seriously and those are the kind of games Loughgeile can put up a big score on you if you're not going into them at 100 miles an hour. We wouldn't be confident of getting any thing out of the game but once you take the field you always want to win.

milltown row

Consistency between the referees's is the key. If a referee is going to send a man off for verbal abuse then the next referee has to, not just play on, book then tick him.

Zero tolerance for all players and no special favours for county 'stars' we played Lamhs last week in championship, niggly the whole way through the game, it was the referee's first senior championship match, not sure if he realised the bad blood between the 2 teams but the slabbering going on was bad. But Micko got himself sent off for abusing the linesman (Ray Matthews) to be fair and I was standing beside him he give Micko two free ones and then Micko kept on at him, so Ray called the referee over and Micko was off and his team lost.

Then you have our game the other night and CJ should have walked for the abuse he gave Gerard. No consistency

Bacon

The rule is clear. Abuse of ref - straight red. Any ref who doesn't apply the rule is doing nobody any favours.

Category II
Abusive language towards a Referee, Umpire, Linesman, or Sideline Official; Striking or attempting to strike with hurley (minimal force); Kicking or attempting to kick (minimal force); Striking or attempting to strike with arm, elbow, hand or knee; Behaving in any way which is dangerous to an opponent; Spitting at an opponent; Contributing to a melee
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Ulster Hurling League Q Final Newry Shamrocks 2-16 Armoy 0-6
Big win for Shamrocks who improved dramatically from their dire performance in the IHC against Ballycran on Sunday. Great to get a run out as soon after that match and get it out of the system. Really good performance all over the field with Armoy getting a player sent off at the end for kicking one of the Newry lads in the head while he lay on the ground.

Lecale2

Well done Newry. Armoy would be handy enough. Who is left in that Division?

Not sure Lecale - I know we play Setenta in the semi final. I think Eoghain Rua (Coleraine) are in the other semi and not sure who else, could be Tir na nOg.

Spiritof98

Randlestown (are they Tir na Og) beat us (cuchulainns) by a point about 4 weeks ago, cant see the rush back then but we played at their home pitch on a festival weekend, they must have had 300 at the game with us being told to go back to Portydown-wtf??? because a wee Armagh team was able to ruff them up a bit.

But Pull Hard having played yous early this year I think at a neutral venue id fancy newry for the final
I'll go back if Marsdens back

slow corner back

Quote from: Lecale2 on August 01, 2007, 02:15:02 PM

You obviously have not seen armoy for a couple of years Lecale2

Lecale2

Quote from: slow corner back on August 04, 2007, 06:37:49 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on August 01, 2007, 02:15:02 PM

You obviously have not seen armoy for a couple of years Lecale2
They beat us by 10 pts in the Ulster league back in April. Maybe we're just crap!

Spirit - why did you play them at home and not at a neutral venue? Seems a bit daft as I fancied you guys to give that league a rattle as I was impressed the night we played you up in Armagh (although we were poor but you can only play as well as you're allowed). I thought some of your passing etc that night was first class and certainly didn't expect us to beat the team that topped that section while you guys lost out.
No doubt the venue played a part - Armoy tried to get us to do the same and play up there in a "festival" game but we refused. Tir na Og are in the other side of the draw so its

Tir na nOg V Eoghain Ruadh (coleraine)
Newry Shamrocks V Setenta

When does the Armagh hurling championship start? If you are looking a challenge I'll give Ciaran a ring and sort something.

treborstemme

Division 2 semi final Slaughtneil 1-27 Lamh Dhearg 5-13.  Great victory for Slaughtneil after extra time.  Can anyone shed any light on the other side of the draw Burt/ St Pauls V Middletown?

Billy Magoo

Was talking to one of of club men this morning and he tells me the Burt/St Pauls semi final is on Thursday night at our pitch Trebor.

the green man

Quote from: treborstemme on August 13, 2007, 11:09:20 PM
Division 2 semi final Slaughtneil 1-27 Lamh Dhearg 5-13.  Great victory for Slaughtneil after extra time.  Can anyone shed any light on the other side of the draw Burt/ St Pauls V Middletown?

It was 1-26 to 5-11, just to be picky