Colour gone on Television - anyone any solutions?

Started by Maguire01, June 22, 2008, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

The colour has gone funny on my TV.  Everything is green and purple.  It's a 2 year old BUSH 26". Don't really want have to buy a new one if i don't have to. Anyone got any causes or solutions?

screenmachine

may seem obvious but take all the leads out and give them a good rattling round both ends of the connection. found this thread too have a we look in there
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=438086
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Maguire01

Cheers.  Yeah, googled and found that thread.  I have speakers beside the TV, but they've been there for the life of the TV, so it's a bit strange that this should happen overnight.

Orior

In the past I've always relied on Quality Street wrappers - a different colour on each eye. Technology may have move on since then though.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

DirtyDozen12

Sounds like the colour tube i think.  We had this problem in our house, the screen has like a green and purple tinge (sp).

Expensive to get fixed, may have to look at purchasing a new tv  :'(
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on June 22, 2008, 04:28:18 PM
Sounds like the colour tube i think.  We had this problem in our house, the screen has like a green and purple tinge (sp).

Expensive to get fixed, may have to look at purchasing a new tv  :'(

Nail on the head DD12. Your tube has gone and it is very expensive to replace. It is likely that if you take it anywhere the advice will be 'don't bother - for the cost of repair you may as well but a new one!'

I speak here from painful (in the fiscal sense) experience!  >:(

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2008, 01:47:27 PM
Cheers.  Yeah, googled and found that thread.  I have speakers beside the TV, but they've been there for the life of the TV, so it's a bit strange that this should happen overnight.

Did you move the speakers? Magnets in speakers placed too near tv will distort the colour, especially at the corner of the tv.

Aerlik

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

open her out

May just need degaussing. Most tv repair centers should repair this FOC if its not that then it still does not mean its f*****d. Speakers close to it or any movement when its switched on may cause this also a fall could cause it which would render it knackered.  ;)

Maguire01

Cheers.
How long would you need to move the speakers for? Strange that the speakers would be there for 2 years and this would happen overnight, no?

open her out

Switch you tv off completly for a few hours an turn it back on this can sometimes cure the problem....

Its strange that it did not happen before now but could even have been a magnet in a childs toy or something....

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 22, 2008, 01:39:20 PM
The colour has gone funny on my TV.  Everything is green and purple.  It's a 2 year old BUSH 26". Don't really want have to buy a new one if i don't have to. Anyone got any causes or solutions?

this is a degaussing fault,chances are the thermister is faulty and needs replaced,it's not a major job.it is not a tube fault,if you had a tube fault you would only have one colour dominate,red green or blue.pm me and let me know where you live and i will give you details on your nearest repair centre.

this is a common fault with this model,your set has a ak19 chassis which are also used in beko,crown and goodmans.

Maguire01

Cheers people.  Although i turned the TV on this evening after work and it's vastly improved.  Only a bit of purple along the bottom and top.  I'm hoping with a bit of TLC it will make a full recovery.

Kerry Mike

We had a yoke of a TV years ago, think it was a Bush and it needed a good skelp of a thump on the side every now and again to keep it on track. It was a cantankerous hoor of a TV. 
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 23, 2008, 09:18:14 PM
We had a yoke of a TV years ago, think it was a Bush and it needed a good skelp of a thump on the side every now and again to keep it on track. It was a cantankerous hoor of a TV. 

This method also works well when dealing with women
You'll Never Walk Alone.