The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restorepride

Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2021, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:59:10 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2021, 09:56:34 PM
Comes across as a decent man. He's not trying to plamás or bullshit.

Are you aware of his role in the RUC/PSNI?

I know he was deputy commissioner. As with practically everything in the north, it seems very difficult if not impossible, to get a balanced account of him.
So I'll judge on what I see for myself.
You are entitled to do that but I would request, as a GAA man, that you read more about his role in facilitating a lack of transparency in to murders which involved collusion between the RUC and Loyalist paramilitaries.

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2018/05/12/news/sean-brown-s-family-make-renewed-call-for-inquest-1328072/

BennyCake

That's some set of gnashers that Price one has on her!

Angelo

Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2021, 10:16:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 10:11:37 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2021, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:59:10 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on February 12, 2021, 09:56:34 PM
Comes across as a decent man. He's not trying to plamás or bullshit.

Are you aware of his role in the RUC/PSNI?

I know he was deputy commissioner. As with practically everything in the north, it seems very difficult if not impossible, to get a balanced account of him.
So I'll judge on what I see for myself.

So you aren't aware of the significant and prolonged role he played in quashing any sort of justice relatives of victims of the Glenanne Gang could get?

Heard something about it this week - his decision was overruled or something? As I said, I don't know much about him and I don't expect to get a balanced view from you.
He seems boring but decent - definitely fits the bill so to speak!

I doubt you will get a balanced view from it from any northern nationalist as his pawmarks are over suppression of justice for many innocent victims of the trouble.

Do you think a decent man would do engage in this in his role as a high ranking police official in a state that aims to oppress one community on their political/religious orientations?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Rudi

Best interview of the evening was the ordinary Joe from Galway. Enjoyed that, no bull chit.

mrdeeds

Cavan footballer Oisin Kiernan will be on tomorrow night's show.

Capt Pat

A late late show about cancer. After all the late lates about covid. Give us a break. Have Bobby Davro on or something light hearted once in a while.

Rudi

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 26, 2021, 10:38:12 PM
A late late show about cancer. After all the late lates about covid. Give us a break. Have Bobby Davro on or something light hearted once in a while.

The house band should be Garbage & the theme song changed to " only happy when it rains"

Pour your misery down in deed, I,ve given up on it. Tommy Tiernan is miles better than Tubridy.

Armamike

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 26, 2021, 10:38:12 PM

Was thinking the same myself tonight.  Jeez people need a bit of light relief, even for one night.
That's just, like your opinion man.

ONeill

Jesus, Tubridy is a frustrating interviewer.

Bores the fcuk outta potential good ones.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: ONeill on April 16, 2021, 11:03:24 PM
Jesus, Tubridy is a frustrating interviewer.

Bores the fcuk outta potential good ones.

Tommy Tiernans show is far better than the Late Late!

Rudi

Jimmy McGuinness on tonight, have met him & played ball with him before he was famous. One of the few people in this world I would love to have a lock in with. Gotta say I find him  a deeply interesting character.

laoislad

Ireland's Greatest Sportsperson on the show tonight.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2021, 09:40:13 PM

Paul McGrath's on it again?

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2021, 09:40:13 PM
She is indeed.

BennyCake

Ah feck off will ye. Ireland's greatest sportsperson, me hole.