Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 07, 2018, 01:14:17 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 07, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
Quote from: Jesusjones on November 07, 2018, 11:29:24 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on November 07, 2018, 09:19:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2018, 08:00:37 PM
Quote from: MoChara on November 06, 2018, 07:45:26 PM
They were 6/4 this morning on Paddy power someones been reading the forum 😂

You've got to keep that stuff off line lol!

A great value bet is Keady tbh.. we'll give it a lash and see but I've said before we've not beaten them.. see McCormack was on team of the week, he must be near my age !

He's not that old  ;D late 30's maybe.

He'd be 39-40.

Aye and MR2 is of a later vintage, a fine vintage all the same.   ;)

Don't think the bould PJ is with Keady this year, he was last year IIRC.

He's only a nipper ffs! Oh to be 39 or 40 again!

Can you remember that far back lad????

Mcuilin man

Too the shamrock men on here I see that Ballycastle and yourselfs have been told to play a playoff for the under 16 league after Ulster council ruled that Antrim's ruling was wrong .. any of use any clue about this

Na Glinntí Glasa

funny i had wondered what the outcome of this was. I noticed that both social media pages had it up that each other team had won the league but nothing official had been announced.
hurl like f**k boi!

Mcuilin man

Yeah it dragged on for a long time , not a good sign when Antrim don't even know the rules of there own league . Have watched the games this year between the 2 teams and they are both excellent teams so should make for an interesting game in the next couple of weeks if they get a pitch that will hold it .

delgany

Why are ballycastle and loughgiel in a play off for u16s?

Under league regulation 3:07  would suggest loughgiel would be overall winners on scoring difference ?

Mcuilin man

I was told that it was something to do with the wording of that rule that could of been interpreted as either side could of won it . You can read the rule and have your on opinions on it . But I thought since BALLYCASTLE beat them in the league that should of been enough to win it .

delgany

So  did Loughgiel appeal to Ulster council ?

Mcuilin man

Ballycastle appealed to Antrim about it and then must of went to Ulster Council. I'm not really sure as just going on  hearsay about it all. But obviously if Ulster changes it then must of been something in the ruling that wasn't right .

johnnycool

Quote from: Mcuilin man on November 07, 2018, 05:03:41 PM
Yeah it dragged on for a long time , not a good sign when Antrim don't even know the rules of there own league . Have watched the games this year between the 2 teams and they are both excellent teams so should make for an interesting game in the next couple of weeks if they get a pitch that will hold it .

We'd a debate with Antrim for the last few months about a game that wasn't played and we were to be awarded the points but for some reason weren't, but lo and behold the morning after we got beat by St Johns and our relegation confirmed we got the points.
If we'd have beaten St Johns we'd had the opportunity of a play off with Ballycran. St Johns were obviously coming of the back of a championship run and we'd been doing nothing for a good few weeks and the result wasn't really in doubt but we had a Ballycran referee at the helm and that IMO should never have happened either, put the lad in a no win situation.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Johnnycool

'We'd a debate with Antrim for the last few months about a game that wasn't played and we were to be awarded the points but for some reason werent'

The reason being Dunloy offered 3 dates which didn't suit Ballygalget so CCC then randomly fixed a date and because Dunloy didn't field on that date you then received the 2 points not just because you were all ready relegated. And Dunloy also lost a point for not fielding. 

johnnycool

Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on November 08, 2018, 04:11:09 PM
Johnnycool

'We'd a debate with Antrim for the last few months about a game that wasn't played and we were to be awarded the points but for some reason werent'

The reason being Dunloy offered 3 dates which didn't suit Ballygalget so CCC then randomly fixed a date and because Dunloy didn't field on that date you then received the 2 points not just because you were all ready relegated. And Dunloy also lost a point for not fielding.

We'd an email from the CCC after the first dates couldn't be agreed that the points were to be awarded to us as per the Antrim guidelines. if no agreement can be made the original date stands, correct? I understand the situation Dunloy were in with reserve championship and IIRC U21's but those are the rules, not my rules, Antrims rules.
Then we got another email a few weeks later stating that due to the importance of the game it was to be refixed for a date in October totally contrary to the rulebook. That game wasn't played either.

Evidently the importance of that game receded once we were confirmed as relegated.

Hence my point that sometimes you wonder are people making it up as they go along.

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on November 09, 2018, 10:36:03 AM
Quote from: Hejustkeepsdroppingballs on November 08, 2018, 04:11:09 PM
Johnnycool

We'd an email from the CCC after the first dates couldn't be agreed that the points were to be awarded to us as per the Antrim guidelines. if no agreement can be made the original date stands, correct? I understand the situation Dunloy were in with reserve championship and IIRC U21's but those are the rules, not my rules, Antrims rules.
Then we got another email a few weeks later stating that due to the importance of the game it was to be refixed for a date in October totally contrary to the rulebook. That game wasn't played either.

Evidently the importance of that game receded once we were confirmed as relegated.

Hence my point that sometimes you wonder are people making it up as they go along.

From what I have heard this was the problem and the fact that it ended up meaning very little in the wider context was a bit of luck. Think there will be a rethink on the fines associated with this one too.

Any more word on the County Manager?

maxpower

Any confirmation on juvenile age structures for next year? Are we moving to u15 etc?
What happens next????

Antrim Coaster

Kevin Ryan has declined the Antrim hurling manager's position via his Twitter feed

Mcuilin man

Maxpower as far as I know it's staying the same as this year . Really what would be the point of changing it ???