2019 USFC SF Dún na nGall vs Tír Eoghain, Breffni, Saturday 8th June @5pm

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, May 26, 2019, 09:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: J70 on June 09, 2019, 09:28:52 PM
Ok, but what did they do that should have everything outraged?

You mean, what happened that should have the like of dublin7 having his righteous indignation dander so inflamed?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Wildweasel74

A few going on about O'Rourke comment. I seen him play a fair few times, he was a great footballer and a hard man on a team of hard men. Many called that Meath team dirty. I just thought they were tough, still don't remember them putting hands in players mouths though. From that video above there looks like eye contact too.

In hiding

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2019, 12:24:14 AM
A few going on about O'Rourke comment. I seen him play a fair few times, he was a great footballer and a hard man on a team of hard men. Many called that Meath team dirty. I just thought they were tough, still don't remember them putting hands in players mouths though. From that video above there looks like eye contact too.

Lads the abuse being directed at Tiernan Mc Cann is unbelievable. He didn't hurt mc Menamin in any way. He played on, finished the game, he suffered no injury.
For those who say he shouldn't be allowed to play for Tyrone again.Get a grip. He was being horrible, not malicious

J70

McCann can have no complaints. He knew what he was at. How the f**k would even enter someone's head to put their gloved fingers into someone's mouth?

And what has the resultant injury or whether or not he suffered match-ending effects got to do with anything. It's not like McCann was gently caressing him, taking care not to hurt him.

tonto1888

Quote from: In hiding on June 10, 2019, 01:18:05 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2019, 12:24:14 AM

Lads the abuse being directed at Tiernan Mc Cann is unbelievable. He didn't hurt mc Menamin in any way. He played on, finished the game, he suffered no injury.
For those who say he shouldn't be allowed to play for Tyrone again.Get a grip. He was being horrible, not malicious

So because he didn't hurt anyone that's alright then?

omaghjoe

Watched it a few times now... was he trying to pull out his gum shield?
And then Mcmenamin wasnt wearing one?

It happened very quickly, so hard to gauge if there was that kind of intent, I'll tell ye tho if he had done it to me he'd have a very sore finger!

Kinda a stupid and weird thing to do but hardly cause for the hysterical language banging around.

Marty clark said it was the worst thing he'd seen in any sport....wtf is he talking about.

southtyronegael

Mickey harte loving all this talk about Mc cann. Deflects nicely from Tyrone management meltdown. A few Tyrone supporters on various platforms were having a laugh at Declan bonnar in the lead up to the game. Well he handed harte his ass.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 10, 2019, 06:56:35 AM

It happened very quickly, so hard to gauge if there was that kind of intent!

Kinda a stupid and weird thing to do but hardly cause for the hysterical language banging around.

Marty clark said it was the worst thing he'd seen in any sport....wtf is he talking about.

Intent? He was intent in hurting the player he couldn't catch and had literally run around him. Just watch the sequence of play before the incident.

I have read outrage at this action but not hysteria.  However, hysteria would be much better than normalising this type of behaviour on the football field whether it is this 'weird thing to do' or O'Rourke's healthy and manly thumping.

imtommygunn

Quote from: omaghjoe on June 10, 2019, 06:56:35 AM
Watched it a few times now... was he trying to pull out his gum shield?
And then Mcmenamin wasnt wearing one?

It happened very quickly, so hard to gauge if there was that kind of intent, I'll tell ye tho if he had done it to me he'd have a very sore finger!

There was intent to put his hand in the boy's mouth. Is that not intent enough? I wouldn't get hysterical about it but at the same time it's very hard to comprehend you defending the guy.

What exactly he intended to do when he put his hand in the boy's mouth is the only question of intent.

dublin7

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 09, 2019, 01:11:53 PM
Quote from: Angelo on June 09, 2019, 12:28:42 PM
If anybody spots Dublin7 can they ask him what he thought of the above incidents as like the rest of us he was outraged at what McCann did yesterday.

Nauseating and hypocritical sanctimony (from d7), don't depend on hearing from him any time soon.*

*Not a defence of Mc Cann's actions in the slightest.

I do apologise for not replying earlier. I do have other things to do. For what it's worth Philly McMahon incident was clear and he should have been suspended. O'Gara didn't do anything wrong if you actually look back on the video and not just a still frame. Why people automatically point to other incidents to somehow justify McCann's actions doesn't make it any better and not much of a defence.

Sadly you just know Tyrone (like majority of GAA clubs/counties) have lawyers on speed dial so if the GAA do hand down a large suspension to McCann they will appeal it on some nonsensical technicality.

There have been dicipline issues on Tyrone teams over the years from the cynical fouling/diving to incidents like this. Harte should have stamped it out, but chose not to.

trueblue1234

Quote from: dublin7 on June 10, 2019, 11:53:46 AM
If anybody spots Dublin7 can they ask him what he thought of the above incidents as like the rest of us he was outraged at what McCann did yesterday.

Nauseating and hypocritical sanctimony (from d7), don't depend on hearing from him any time soon.*

I do apologise for not replying earlier. I do have other things to do. For what it's worth Philly McMahon incident was clear and he should have been suspended. O'Gara didn't do anything wrong if you actually look back on the video and not just a still frame. Why people automatically point to other incidents to somehow justify McCann's actions doesn't make it any better and not much of a defence.

Sadly you just know Tyrone (like majority of GAA clubs/counties) have lawyers on speed dial so if the GAA do hand down a large suspension to McCann they will appeal it on some nonsensical technicality.

There have been dicipline issues on Tyrone teams over the years from the cynical fouling/diving to incidents like this. Harte should have stamped it out, but chose not to.

Of course they would. If the GAA were deciding to ignore some actions from other counties and cherry picking which ones to bring forward then they should be absolutely be pulled up on it. Otherwise they'll be open to complaints of bias. I have no issue with that being highlighted.

Tyrone are no worse than most when it comes down to fouling/diving. You could have made an argument about that in the 00's but recently we've been far from dirty.

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Maroon Manc

I missed the Tyrone v Dublin league game, did Tyrone go man on man that night?

Angelo

O'Gara was clear as day and worse than the McMahon one.

Sweep, sweep.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

dublin7

Quote from: Angelo on June 10, 2019, 01:44:16 PM

O'Gara was clear as day and worse than the McMahon one.

Sweep, sweep.

So it seems Tiernan McCann's defence is going to be go on the attack. Accepting responsibility doesn't seem to even be a consideration.