European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: DuffleKing on April 23, 2017, 11:03:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2017, 10:54:28 AM
Messi has faded significantly the last 12 months. Neymar was the one who drove the miracle against PSG it should be remembered.

:o

The 26 county Stallion
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2017, 10:03:18 PM
That was a classic el clasico.
and classic celebration on that last minute winner.

gallsman

Cameras got a great shot of yet another ronaldo tantrum at the end too.

tyroneman

Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2017, 10:31:15 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 23, 2017, 10:28:29 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on April 23, 2017, 10:26:46 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on April 23, 2017, 10:08:12 PM
How in feck did Marcelo not take a yellow and kill the game. 2-2 and the league is over. Let Roberto run across him with 30sec left.

Idiotic.
He's heard of a specific Irish pundit who calls your manhood into question if you even contemplate such a cowardly act.
If yr being paid £100,000+ per week to win a league - you make that foul......
Typical Tyrone imbecilic angst  ;D

Still can't get over the McManus / Cavanagh thing then.... ::)

Main Street

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 23, 2017, 11:48:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 23, 2017, 10:03:18 PM
That was a classic el clasico.
and classic celebration on that last minute winner.

That's a great photo capturing a classic iconic sporting image of the ages, as if to say we came here a once great team team in supposed decline. We have shipped a load of arrows over the past months including the recent devastating defeats to Juve, our league challenge is tottering. We came here, we had to win and we conquered this great Real Madrid team. We were brilliant, we were defiant to the end. I scored one of the finest goals that only the truly gifted footballers can score and to cap it all, I  also scored a glorious winner in the last second and in the heat of this goal celebration it is all dedicated to this great club.

It's as iconic as O'Neill's show of defiance with Neil Lennon after the fiery Glasgow derby defeat at Ibrox in 2004 and in the context of years of legitimised bigot abuse directed at Lennon.

Declan

Really enjoyable El Classico alright. Messi is a genius

Billys Boots

Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2017, 08:37:00 AM

It was a weekend of really good football all round, capped by el clasico - that Chelsea-Spurs tie was a cracker. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Esmarelda

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 24, 2017, 08:47:05 AM

It was a weekend of really good football all round, capped by el clasico - that Chelsea-Spurs tie was a cracker.
Superb stuff. I thought Barca had missed the boat but the great man came up trumps at the end. There was much more effort off the ball from Messi last night, tracking back that we used to see in the Guradiola era but which we don't always see any more.

Ramos really is the panto villain. Did I hear 22 sendings off now? And complaining about it.

One black mark on the game was Gerry Armstrong's commentary. Surely it's time to put Gerry somewhere peaceful.

gallsman

Five reds against Barca alone for Ramos.

Main Street

As good and all as the sporting fare was on offer this weekend, there was an empty space, I did miss GAA football, hurling doesn't do it for me. I would even have relished a modest Ulster championship prelim.

lurganblue

Quote from: Esmarelda on April 24, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 24, 2017, 08:47:05 AM

Superb stuff. I thought Barca had missed the boat but the great man came up trumps at the end. There was much more effort off the ball from Messi last night, tracking back that we used to see in the Guradiola era but which we don't always see any more.

Ramos really is the panto villain. Did I hear 22 sendings off now? And complaining about it.

One black mark on the game was Gerry Armstrong's commentary. Surely it's time to put Gerry somewhere peaceful.

I had some laugh at Ray Hudson on beIN Sports

gallsman

Ah, Ray Hudson is a bollocks. You think the first one is funny and then realise he doesn't f**k up for the full 90 mins. One in twenty of his utterances is amusing or witty. The rest is just gibberish.

lurganblue

oh he talks complete shite and it will no doubt begin to irritate very quickly.

Main Street

Ray Hudson's legend, a real walk on the wild side,
'Messi --  born in the crossfire hurricane and he's jumpin' jack flash,  right here - amazing football' :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oR-6jLpXsc

The Sky Sports would have you bored stone dead, with mogadon drone T Henry in the studio and Gerry
  "oh my goodness  .....unbelievable!!" Armstrong as co commentator.

Main Street

A selection of Messi moments of genius from the game and the systematic assaults to stop him.
https://youtu.be/F2X6vwgqV7M?t=11