Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crikeyboys

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 17, 2021, 08:59:48 AM
there are wee mistakes handling wise or whatever that you just don't get away with at this level but playing at this level is exactly what we need to sharpen that up. Forwards lack a bit of ball winning and Nugent helps but also not sure he's a starter. I was impressed by our defense yesterday. I thought Campbell was as good as any of the KK players. Walsh for me is a big plus at full back.

James McNaughton is a hugely gifted hurler. For me if he fills out a bit he could be the next McManus but sometimes lacks physicality.

We are competing at a different level to what I have seen before. We still aren't going to win teh Liam McCarthy but seeing us do so well against these big teams is great. Clare getting beat is interesting too. We need to beat Laois and it would be a nice bonus beating Wexford or Dublin.

Well summed up ITG, wouldn't  call them "wee", too much fumbling and dropping the ball etc. A lack of concentration on the ball and too much shadowing the man. Batting down the ball is a no no these days as is too much delay in roll lifting. Ground hurling is also a thing of the past, unless well directed. Second to the ball is just no good. That said fitness and confidence are the best we've seen in years. Maith go leor

Milltown Row2

We are all over the show here, midfield is getting cleaned out on the puck outs, lost 4 or 4 in a row

Nail is having a blinder, but we missing some easy scores, and the touch is poor.

Hopefully the second half with the wind behind us we'll come back at them, after the water break we could not score!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Only saw the second half. Disappointing. Dublin too many big men, too physical and too able to win their own ball for us. Some promising glimpses of play from time to time but definitely a bit off that pace just yet.

north_antrim_hound

That was disappointing, very impressed by Dublin. No need to keep giving these teams big leads
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

clootfromthe21

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 22, 2021, 06:41:06 PM
That was disappointing, very impressed by Dublin. No need to keep giving these teams big leads

Dublin full back line just ate up all those high balls in on top of them. Our touch very poor at times too.

imtommygunn

We have always had some skilful forwards but when it comes to the better teams our ff line struggles to win it's own ball. Been the same for years.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Nugent not in good enough condition

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on May 22, 2021, 06:43:42 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on May 22, 2021, 06:41:06 PM

Dublin full back line just ate up all those high balls in on top of them. Our touch very poor at times too.

Thought O Callaghan was MOTM

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2021, 06:45:10 PM
We have always had some skilful forwards but when it comes to the better teams our ff line struggles to win it's own ball. Been the same for years.

We definitely are lacking in the air and 50/50 balls except for Mc Kenna, he's a quality hurler and doesn't look out of place in that company

Tormund

Dissapointing, poor first half again but dublin were the better team. We missed some decent chances, should probably keep mcnaughton on the frees, clarke missed a few handy ones, and nugent didnt have enough pace in 1st half.
We nearly always seem to lose out on the pick ups, rucks. Dublin players are more athletic aswell. The last game against laois will be important, hopefully clare will beat them tomoro i was reading clare are missing 2 players with covid close contacts, hopefully tony kelly isnt one of them

bannside

Work in progress. Let's keep the good vibe going and more importantly hard work. County fully behind the efforts of Darran and our hurlers. Rome wasn't built in a day.

seafoid

Antrim need this kind of top level experience to develop and achieve their potential.
They should be able to beat Laois.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

We haven't declined.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: groundlie on May 22, 2021, 07:26:43 PM
That was shocking. 2nd gear Dublin made Donal Ogs comments understandable now. A few lads so far off the pcd and condition required for that level it's unbelievable. We were closer to Dublin in 2018. Why have we declined again?
Wouldn't say a one-off match within 2 weeks of everyone thinking Antrim are the best thing since sliced bread is a decline. It's a reality check. Consistency is key when playing at the top but they haven't turned into a bad team since the KK or Clare matches.

Tormund

I didnt think dublin were in 2nd gear, they played well.
It was dissapointing but yea lets keep behind the team, it was always gona be tough at this level and we stayed with them, we still have a great chance to stay in div 1 for next year, 2 home games next.
I thought walsh and elliot were very good. I thought johnston helped the ff line when he came on aswell