Your Favourite GAA Images

Started by AbbeySider, April 12, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baile an tuaigh

AbbeySider

Some very poignant pictures Baile an tuaigh

Bensars

In regards to the one of canavan scoring the goal against Kerry. I think it was Gabriel Hurl who put it on here, whereby there were 5 consective pictures in the build up.

Dont know where to find it now

EagleLord

Some great pictures there, wherever you found them, all except the mickey linden one. I f**king hate that picture. f**king disgrace that was.

nrico2006

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 16, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with McKenna which looked like he was flying.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

saffron sam2

Nearly every action photo from a game involving Tyrone, including the most recent, seems to show a Tyrone man fouling.

Coincidence, I think not.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:30 PM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

rrhf

Great picture of Niall Mc Kenna there.  Has a great future in front of him and is very much a midfielder  His da the great Eugene Mc Kenna could rise for a ball the same way. When you see the pics of Willie Joe Padden, Jacko Mullins and Mc Kenna it really shows , the battleground that is midfield in Gaelic Football, the skill of the photgrapher and the footballers athleticism.

wdusln

Quote from: ziggysego on April 15, 2010, 04:51:23 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2010, 04:25:55 PM
You're right Ziggy, there was one on the front of the Irish News of a couple of players hugging Cormac and one was Declan McCrossan... he seemed to be looking into the distance and wasn't smiling. I wondered was he finding it difficult as he was taken off earlier in Ulster and didn't play in the final. I have that front page.   

Ah, my mind wasn't playing tricks. Phew! Any chance of scanning it and posting it here?

is this the one??

was all the more poignant months later

EagleLord

Quote from: rrhf on April 16, 2010, 12:38:42 PM
Great picture of Niall Mc Kenna there.  Has a great future in front of him and is very much a midfielder  His da the great Eugene Mc Kenna could rise for a ball the same way. When you see the pics of Willie Joe Padden, Jacko Mullins and Mc Kenna it really shows , the battleground that is midfield in Gaelic Football, the skill of the photgrapher and the footballers athleticism.

High feilding pictures are the best ones for me too. Theres something about them that makes the best action shots. That picture of mckenna is actually amazing. I could look at it for ages, all the time time asking myself, how the bloody hell does he get up that high?!  :o :o

Would love to see a video of it if anyone has it?

AFS

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

EagleLord

Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!

EagleLord

I know looks better than it is, becasue his knees are bent, but still..

Here he is trying a different technique in the same game..trying to get the ball, to come to him.. :D