Your Favourite GAA Images

Started by AbbeySider, April 12, 2010, 02:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

Thats as good as iv seen on this thread..

funtime frankie

Has anybody got a copy of the picture of Teddy Mac fielding the high ball against Wexford. An iconic image.

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Semple Stadium

Croke park

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Nally Stand

Purely for club bias, I'll throw on these few pics of our clubs 2004 Tyrone Championships clean sweep. Just one of those years that you could only dream of and will probably never see again

2004 Senior, Under 21 and Minor Tyrone football champions,
2004 Ladies Tyrone Senior Football Champions
2004 Hurling Senior Champions and Senior Ulster Shield Champions
+     A number of Scór & Handball titles.

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: AbbeySider on April 16, 2010, 03:48:04 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on April 16, 2010, 03:15:57 PM

Post of the Thread so far Zig, unreal stuff!  ;D

Except its not an GAA image. She is a soccer fan at a Brazil game and somebody has doctored the pic :D.

Celt_Man

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 28, 2010, 08:39:40 PM

Except its not an GAA image. She is a soccer fan at a Brazil game and somebody has doctored the pic :D.
And that doesn't matter one bit at all to me...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ziggysego

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on April 28, 2010, 08:39:40 PM

No shit Sherlock  :D
Testing Accessibility

EagleLord

so all Kerry girls dont look like that?? :( ::)

Great photo there of al lthe carrickmore cups. I regret the times when we won a collection of trophies in the one year, and never got a great group photo like you've got there. Senior, premier reserve, reserve, minor, under16, all won  league and championship tdoubles all in the one year.. :( probably the greatest year of the clubs history. I would say a wee girl won an All-Irekand scor title that year too, but I wouldnt be too sure about that side of things.

Zapatista

Some good images here. The second onne on the home page is brilliant ;D

http://www.jamesdphotography.co.uk/

Mickeys beard

Quote from: EagleLord on April 16, 2010, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 16, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!
Have looked at it a fair few times and don't think that it is exaggerated at all.  The momentum of the three involved are propelling McKenna into the air.  O'Shea's strength is lifting the Tyrone minor who has him by the throat and McKenna is getting some leverage of that tyrone player's leg.  A snapshot of perfect energy transfer.  That's not to take anything away from Niall-some concentration and desire to be up there and catch it.  Look at all the size of him compared to O'Shea!
Boil the Drawers!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Mickeys beard on May 25, 2010, 10:32:38 AM
Quote from: EagleLord on April 16, 2010, 02:09:06 PM
Quote from: AFS on April 16, 2010, 02:00:27 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 16, 2010, 12:24:40 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 16, 2010, 12:20:30 PM
Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on April 16, 2010, 02:24:07 AM

Thats the one I was looking to see after this thread started last week, as I remember the picture of the Kerryman (DOS) fetching the ball was a qware leap, but I knew that there was one out there with Harte which looked like he was flying.
That picture is ridiculous,  hes 6ft in the air and hes going to catch the ball, unreal. Absolute magic.

Any one else reckon that, while it's obviously an exceptional leap, the angle the picture seems to have been taken from exaggerates the height a bit? Looks like it was taken from very close to ground level.

Jeeeeeeeeez Im not sure about that AFS..you just have to look at the lads around him to see how high he is off the ground, really dont think tits camers trickery at all!
Have looked at it a fair few times and don't think that it is exaggerated at all.  The momentum of the three involved are propelling McKenna into the air.  O'Shea's strength is lifting the Tyrone minor who has him by the throat and McKenna is getting some leverage of that tyrone player's leg.  A snapshot of perfect energy transfer.  That's not to take anything away from Niall-some concentration and desire to be up there and catch it.  Look at all the size of him compared to O'Shea!

Some leap! But I can't but notice the other Tyronie trying to strangle our lad!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

rrhf

Did no.5 get booked for swinging the elbow?   :-*

ross4life

2006 All Ireland Minor Final Replay , the day Ger Canning became a rossie

now guess which fan crowned him?  ;)

Orior

Quote from: ross4life on May 25, 2010, 08:33:51 PM
2006 All Ireland Minor Final Replay , the day Ger Canning became a rossie

now guess which fan crowned him?  ;)

Rosnarun?
Rossfan?

Definitely not the arm of ross4life.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians