Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

There was another instance when Galligan had his arm around Burns' neck and stood on his ankle. Cavan get the free.

smelmoth

Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 08:42:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 08:09:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 07:07:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 06:44:32 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

I'm assuming there's a point to this

There is. If I have to explain it you're probably best to stay out of the conversation
Aw poor little scratchy. Thinks just because you commit more fouls means you should get more yellow cards. Maybe it's you who should stay out of the conversation

Itchy actually thinks there's a correlation between fouls and yellow cards.  ;D  ;D As if there's some sort of 'persistent fouling' concept.  ;D  ;D Next thing he'll be saying there's a correlation between kicking out at players on the ground and hitting players in the face and red cards. What a fool.

Which Armagh player should have been booked for persistent fouling? Name the player

Do you think Neiland will be on the look out for players trying to buy frees the next day? Too many of those freed given against Armagh simply weren't fouls.

The 2 reds were clear cut. There should be no appeal of the Donaghy red. Appealing that will do us no favours. Those suggesting Shields dived want to take a look at themselves. Grimley incident was arguably red, arguably yellow. Couldn't complain about it either way. Faulkner definitely shouldn't have got a black. It was a dirty challenge (just because the ref got it wrong let's not pretend the player is innocent) and a clear yellow.

Morgan picks up too many cards so when on a yellow and getting it tight against his man McGeeney was right to haul him ashore but on watching it back I'm not sure what Morgan is booked for. He was booked in the 16th minute for his 4th foul. The first one was clear cut, the second (is a foul) but only occurs after McVeety initiates the fouling. Not clear what the third foul is? 4 fouls in 16 mins isn't great.

APM

Quote from: smelmoth on June 04, 2019, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 08:42:30 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 08:09:43 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 07:07:34 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 06:44:32 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

I'm assuming there's a point to this

There is. If I have to explain it you're probably best to stay out of the conversation
Aw poor little scratchy. Thinks just because you commit more fouls means you should get more yellow cards. Maybe it's you who should stay out of the conversation

Itchy actually thinks there's a correlation between fouls and yellow cards.  ;D  ;D As if there's some sort of 'persistent fouling' concept.  ;D  ;D Next thing he'll be saying there's a correlation between kicking out at players on the ground and hitting players in the face and red cards. What a fool.

Which Armagh player should have been booked for persistent fouling? Name the player

Do you think Neiland will be on the look out for players trying to buy frees the next day? Too many of those fouls given against Armagh simply weren't fouls.

The 2 reds were clear cut. There should be no appeal of the Donaghy red. Appealing that will do us no favours. Those suggestion Shields dived want to take a look at themselves. Grimley incidents was arguably red, arguably yellow. Couldn't complain about it either way. Faulkner definitely shouldn't have got a black. It was a dirty challenge (just because the red got it wrong let's not pretend the player is innocent) and a clear yellow.

Morgan picks up too many cards so when on a yellow and getting it tight against his man McGeeney was right to haul him ashore but on watching it back I'm not sure what Morgan is booked for. He was booked in the 16th minute for his 4th foul. The first on was clear cut, the second (is a foul) but only occurs after McVeety initiates the foul. Not clear what the third foul is? 4 fouls in 16 mins isn't great.

Very fair balanced analysis.  I'm really surprised at some of the irrational nonsense I'm reading on here from Cavan supporters.

Itchy

I've no doubt Paddy will have watched the game back and will be ready for the persistent fouling from Armagh. Then football will break out and the best team will win.

shyted

morgan is the dirtiest player in ireland ffs

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 10:03:11 PM
I've no doubt Paddy will have watched the game back and will be ready for the persistent fouling from Armagh. Then football will break out and the best team will win.

You forgot to include the part where he looks out for Cavan trying to con the referee.

LCohen

Quote from: shyted on June 04, 2019, 10:06:36 PM
morgan is the dirtiest player in ireland ffs

Of course he is. And sure didn't he shoot Kennedy. Wasn't it the dealing men from Crossmaglen that put whiskey in Michelle Smith's pish?? Pure dirt

LCohen

Quote from: Solo_run on June 04, 2019, 10:08:50 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 10:03:11 PM

You forgot to include the part where he looks out for Cavan trying to con the referee.

Funny feeling Neiland will lay a marker down on that one early doors

Westside

Have to say the Armagh crowd around me were very well mannered. Not like them in my experience. Big group of lads in the terrace from Armagh brought a lot to the atmosphere. Fair play to them. Hopefully the replay will be as good and more will show from Cavan.

tonto1888

Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 10:17:56 PM
Have to say the Armagh crowd around me were very well mannered. Not like them in my experience. Big group of lads in the terrace from Armagh brought a lot to the atmosphere. Fair play to them. Hopefully the replay will be as good and more will show from Cavan.

I thought there was a good crowd from Cavan. Atmosphere was good and everything was done in good spirits which was great

balladmaker

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 10:29:18 PM
Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 10:17:56 PM

I thought there was a good crowd from Cavan. Atmosphere was good and everything was done in good spirits which was great

At end of the game, I got a tap on the shoulder from an elderly Cavan gentleman sitting in the row behind me.  He just wanted to shake hands and share thoughts on the game.  A nice touch that you don't get every day at a game. 

Solo_run

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 11:47:50 PM
https://twitter.com/kevingsmith12/status/1136028964588281859?s=19

Not too long after the Cavan player fell to the ground trying to get Shields sent off.

Itchy

Quote from: Solo_run on June 04, 2019, 11:52:45 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 11:47:50 PM
https://twitter.com/kevingsmith12/status/1136028964588281859?s=19

Not too long after the Cavan player fell to the ground trying to get Shields sent off.

You are some joker, shields was down clutching his face 3 times. On one occasion he was so bad he left mcvetty run around inside the 20m line as he play acted and mcvetty ended up scoring. Soon as it went over he miraculously jumped up unharmed to complain to the referee and umpires. The fact he'd been dragging mcvetty for the previous 5 minutes was lost on him. No comment on the video though, how will you spin that I wonder.