Armagh v Cavan (Sun - 02-06-19) Clones

Started by illdecide, May 27, 2019, 09:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 03:16:19 PM
What's with the Armagh obsession with 'crying'? Telling people on here to stop crying. Giving out about players 'crying'. Telling people to dry their eyes.

Is this where the oppressed rage comes from that causes the violent outbursts we saw on Sunday?

The players weren't crying it's Cavan fans

BennyCake

What's with the Armagh obsession with 'crying'? Telling people on here to stop crying. Giving out about players 'crying'. Telling people to dry their eyes.

Is this where the oppressed rage comes from that causes the violent outbursts we saw on Sunday?

Which violent outbursts are you referring to?

APM

::)
Straight after the game we had yourself and Itchy on here getting a bit hysterical about a very competitive game that was played by both teams in a very sporting manner.

Is this really about the football, or is it something else?   

Insane Bolt

Just watched the game there.....agree that the ref was poor for both teams.....but even allowing for the conditions on the day...that was as poor as I've seen in a long time. I pity the fans that paid to see that.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Insane Bolt on June 04, 2019, 03:48:12 PM
Just watched the game there.....agree that the ref was poor for both teams.....but even allowing for the conditions on the day...that was as poor as I've seen in a long time. I pity the fans that paid to see that.
It really is a bug bear of mine that Refs still haven't cottoned on to the forward trapping the arm to buy a free.

Itchy

Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 06:44:32 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

I'm assuming there's a point to this

Itchy

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 07:07:34 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

There is. If I have to explain it you're probably best to stay out of the conversation

Solo_run

What was the Murray free for around 20 minutes? Even McHugh suggested the referee was conned.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 08:09:43 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

There is. If I have to explain it you're probably best to stay out of the conversation
Aw poor little scratchy. Thinks just because you commit more fouls means you should get more yellow cards. Maybe it's you who should stay out of the conversation

Westside

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 04, 2019, 08:28:07 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

Aw poor little scratchy. Thinks just because you commit more fouls means you should get more yellow cards. Maybe it's you who should stay out of the conversation

Itchy actually thinks there's a correlation between fouls and yellow cards.  ;D  ;D As if there's some sort of 'persistent fouling' concept.  ;D  ;D Next thing he'll be saying there's a correlation between kicking out at players on the ground and hitting players in the face and red cards. What a fool.

APM

Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

Looks like your talking about cynical fouling.  If anything Armagh was guilty of being completely naive in their approach to the game. 

I would love to see a breakdown of where on the pitch Armagh gave away the frees. People used to talk about teams cynically fouling between the two 50's and out near the sideline in order to break momentum. That is all about game management, repeated fouling and "seeing out the game".   

The reality is that an awful lot of Armagh's fouling was pure clumsy, stupid and done inside the 40 which resulted in simple tap over frees for Cavan. Some of the players were too stupid to be cynical on Sunday and their fouls were well and truly penalised whether yellow cards were issued or not. However, Cavan did miss a couple of very handy frees, including an unbelievable miss by McKiernan in front of the posts.   

Itchy

tonto1888

Quote from: Westside on June 04, 2019, 08:42:30 PM
Free count

Armagh  conceded 28
Cavan conceded 18

Yellow card count?

Itchy actually thinks there's a correlation between fouls and yellow cards.  ;D  ;D As if there's some sort of 'persistent fouling' concept.  ;D  ;D Next thing he'll be saying there's a correlation between kicking out at players on the ground and hitting players in the face and red cards. What a fool.

Itchy would want to learn about severity of fouls then.

tonto1888

Quote from: Itchy on June 04, 2019, 08:51:10 PM
Paddy Neilan is the ref next Sunday.

He's actually a decent ref even though he gave Sligo a ghost penalty against us a few years ago