Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 08:34:30 PM
It was a rhetorical question Muppet, 20 people 10 people or 2 people, what's the difference. Hama's target civilians and if they had better more explosive weapons they'd use them too.

I'm not defending or agreeing with Mike but he has a point or two in there.

You asked what would be an appropriate response.

The number makes a massive difference. Otherwise what would be the difference between a single murder and genocide? Would the 'appropriate response' be the same?
MWWSI 2017

Count 10

To those of you all too keen to defend Israel....tell me how should the Palestinians behave in the here and now, given the continuous settlement/land grab by Israel.

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2013, 09:08:55 PM
It was a rhetorical question Muppet, 20 people 10 people or 2 people, what's the difference. Hama's target civilians and if they had better more explosive weapons they'd use them too.

The number makes a massive difference. Otherwise what would be the difference between a single murder and genocide? Would the 'appropriate response' be the same?

Ok then. I'll ask again. What the appropriate response for a) 2 dead civilians, b) 10 dead civilians and c) 20 dead civilians.

The second question that Seafood yet again refuses to answer still stands.

Who is defending Israel count 10.

Count 10

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 09:26:57 PM

Ok then. I'll ask again. What the appropriate response for a) 2 dead civilians, b) 10 dead civilians and c) 20 dead civilians.

I take it you read the posts....then it is obvious Mr Sheehy.

How do you think the Palestinians should react? ......according to your logic and Sheehy's then the Brits should have bombed Crossmaglen.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 09:26:57 PM

You most certainly are defending Israel.

To answer your questions:

My opinion is irrelevant.

However

a) The Warrington bomb killed two boys.
b) The 1st Birmingham Bomb killed 10 people.
c) The 2nd Birmingham, Bomb killed another 11 people, thus the two killed 21 in total.

There is no comparison to the response of Britain to this island, imperfect as it was, and what we know Israel has done and continues to do. Thus Britain evidently views an 'appropriate response' quite differently to Israel.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Muppet, I am not defending Israel and just because you say I am doesn't make it so. I wouldn't work for an Israeli company or buy their goods. They are a nasty rogue state.
What I am doing is again exposing the hypocrisy of Seafood and others who rant on endlessly about the many wrongs Israel does yet on the other hand belittle the murderous acts that Hamas perpetrates.

I have no idea why you are addressing a comment comparing Israel/Palestine with Ireland/England to me. I made no such comparison.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 09:53:07 PM
Muppet, I am not defending Israel and just because you say I am doesn't make it so. I wouldn't work for an Israeli company or buy their goods. They are a nasty rogue state.
What I am doing is again exposing the hypocrisy of Seafood and others who rant on endlessly about the many wrongs Israel does yet on the other hand belittle the murderous acts that Hamas perpetrates.

I have no idea why you are addressing a comment comparing Israel/Palestine with Ireland/England to me. I made no such comparison.

I didn't mean to suggest you made the comparison, I made the comparison to answer your question about an 'appropriate response'.

Hamas are murderers. But to condemn Palestinians without investigating the context of how and where they live and what 'appropriate responses' they suffer is not reasonable imho.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Fair enough muppet but we have all heard Israel excuse their behaviour on grounds such as the holocaust. Its a hollow excuse. Palestinians cannot excuse murder of innocents based on wrongs done by Israel. My opinion is simply you pick up a weapon and fire on civilians you are a murdering coward. That's consistent with me for both sides.

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 10:51:33 PM
Fair enough muppet but we have all heard Israel excuse their behaviour on grounds such as the holocaust. Its a hollow excuse. Palestinians cannot excuse murder of innocents based on wrongs done by Israel. My opinion is simply you pick up a weapon and fire on civilians you are a murdering coward. That's consistent with me for both sides.

I completely agree.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

In fact Itchy I would go further to say that the greatest enemies of the Palestinians are the terrorists that pretend to act on their behalves. But, and this is probably where we will diverge, the reason for that is that when a Palestinian terrorist commits his atrocity he is provoking the predictable and completely disproportionate response from Israel which will be felt by all Palestinians, not just the terrorist.

Meanwhile, the same applies in reverse. The ordinary decent Israeli citizen is as entitled to live in peace as anyone else. But there is little chance of that when an eye for an eye has become an apartment block for an eye.
MWWSI 2017

theskull1

No different than up here during the troubles when innocent civilians became collateral damage or indeed were maimed/killed as a tactic from time to time. War and the hatred generated during conflict is ugly. People who have a right  :-\ to despise/hate due to their enemies actions loose the granularity over time. Pretty soon the "whole lot of them" is to blame.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

deiseach

It's the habitual response of those who kill their opponents in numbers several times greater than their opponents kill them that numbers don't matter. Truly a hierarchy of victimhood.

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2013, 09:46:21 PM

You most certainly are defending Israel.

To answer your questions:

My opinion is irrelevant.

However

a) The Warrington bomb killed two boys.
b) The 1st Birmingham Bomb killed 10 people.
c) The 2nd Birmingham, Bomb killed another 11 people, thus the two killed 21 in total.

There is no comparison to the response of Britain to this island, imperfect as it was, and what we know Israel has done and continues to do. Thus Britain evidently views an 'appropriate response' quite differently to Israel.

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to how the IDF would have responded to those three scenarios in the context of the six counties?

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 08:47:54 PM
Another pathetic evasion of the question Seafood. You have zero credibility.

In a normal country where the rule of law is respected whoever kills 20 civilians (whether or not  they are Jewish is irrelevant, as they are dead) would be taken in front of a court of law and tried . Unless of course it's a corporate crime in which case shit happens and nothing happens.

But Israel isn't a normal country. There is no law to protect Palestinians either in Israel or internationally.

So if someone killed 20 Israelis the white phosphorous would come out and at least 1000 Palestinians would be killed in IDF reprisals. That is how it worked in 2008. And it wasn't anything near 20 dead Israelis either.

And it is because of this mentality that there is no chance of Israel ever granting the Palestinians a state.
Which is why Israel now runs apartheid.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

The thing about hasbara  (Israeli PR) of the like spouted by Sheehy is that everything comes back to "Jewish suffering", as if that justifies everything including torture, home demolitions, use of chemical weapons, use of banned weapons such as flechettes,   ethnic cleansing and mass murder.

There is no notion of parity of esteem or that the Palestinians are people with rights. Everything is subject to Israeli "security" as if that trumps the rights based approach that every other OECD country applies. Because they live in the Israeli space the Palestinians cannot be granted rights. They might kill 20 Israeli civilians. Better to treat them as Untermenschen, just in case.   

It's the Penal Laws 2.0   
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU