Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Do Jews deserve a homeland?

Does Israel have the right to defend itself?

These are the rhetorical questions that the likes of Sheehy bring to every single discussion about anything to do with The Middle East.

Thus, in this mantra, everything is to be viewed in terms of Israel and Israel only. The considerations of anyone else are dismissed and the conversation is never allowed to move away from two questions, to which you must and 'yes'. And your answer must only be 'yes'. It cannot be 'yes, but...'. If cannot be, 'Fine.... and where do Palestinians fit into it?'. Any mention of Palestinians is dogmatically met with one or both of the questions.

There is no discussion, opinion or suggestion tolerated.

Dissent of any kind towards the mantra is met with cries of 'anti-semite', although Sheehy has now moved to 'Nazi sc**bag'. But he is already back on message with the questions again as we can see above.

At least one can learn something new about the issues from GHD and Seafoid and most of the others here, and indeed even the odd time, Tyrone's Own, when he was here.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

You just can't bring yourself to admit that jews have a right to self defense can you ?

This is why anti-semites like Seafoid absolutely hate the Israeli state. They simply cannot abide jews
who defend themselves. It is a total affront to their nature.

qubdub

It takes a particular breed of idiot to ignore the war-crimes committed by the state of Israel and dress it up as 'self-defence'.

haveaharp

Quote from: qubdub on September 16, 2013, 03:15:13 PM
It takes a particular breed of idiot to ignore the war-crimes committed by the state of Israel and dress it up as 'self-defence'.

Thats for sure. MS probably believes in the oppression of unionism too. I fail to see how anyone can be so unfair minded.

deiseach

Quote from: haveaharp on September 16, 2013, 03:19:07 PM
Thats for sure. MS probably believes in the oppression of unionism too. I fail to see how anyone can be so unfair minded.

Indeed. Remember how Loyalist violence was always reactive? How it wouldn't happen if the Provos would just go away? Those protestations must seem very hollow to anyone caught up in the latest parade- or fleg-related brouhaha.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 16, 2013, 02:55:56 PM
You just can't bring yourself to admit that jews have a right to self defense can you ?

This is why anti-semites like Seafoid absolutely hate the Israeli state. They simply cannot abide jews
What is anti-Semitic about decency and expecting Israel to adhere to the international treaties it has signed ?
If I built a military fort on some farm in Kerry and called any dhera who objected anti Galway I'd be laughed out of the county.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2013, 03:24:48 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 16, 2013, 02:55:56 PM

What is anti-Semitic about decency and expecting Israel to adhere to the international treaties it has signed ?
If I built a military fort on some farm in Kerry and called any dhera who objected anti Galway I'd be laughed out of the county.

But why did you leave Galway in the first place ?   You weren't chased out of the place by a bunch of sectarian bigots were you?

and wouldn't it be ironic if the same sectarian bigots that chased you out of Galway were now chastising you for being in Kerry.

Itchy

You can have a go at Mike all yis want but yis are missing something else. Mike asked what would be an appropriate response to a rocket from Gaza landing in Israel and killing 20 civilians. Seafoods response was to ask, and I paraphrase, what did Israel do to deserve having their civilians murdered. Like I said I am no fan of Israel and believe the international community should take strong action against them. Neither am I a fan of Seafood and his murderous friends in Hamas who are targeting Israeli civilians and Seafood doesn't give one shite if a Jewish child is blown to pieces. Seafood is a total out and out hypocrite.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 07:45:00 PM
You can have a go at Mike all yis want but yis are missing something else. Mike asked what would be an appropriate response to a rocket from Gaza landing in Israel and killing 20 civilians. Seafoods response was to ask, and I paraphrase, what did Israel do to deserve having their civilians murdered. Like I said I am no fan of Israel and believe the international community should take strong action against them. Neither am I a fan of Seafood and his murderous friends in Hamas who are targeting Israeli civilians and Seafood doesn't give one shite if a Jewish child is blown to pieces. Seafood is a total out and out hypocrite.
Itchy
Thanks for that reference. Do you think Israel will get away with apartheid?
Btw I asked Mike ben Sheehy to clarify what the idf did to provoke rocket fire from gaza.
The idf loves dead israelis as well. It justifies bombing the shit out of Gaza and the diversion of spending from education to the military, As Goebbels said at Nurnberg it is easy to get the people behind you when you convince them they are under eternal assault.

muppet

Itchy, your opening line appears to be a defence of Sheehy.

Any chance you can find an article where it is even alleged that a rocket or mortar attack from Palestine ever killed 20 civilians? According to Wiki, the rocket attacks have been going on for 12 years and have killed 'several dozen' people and injured hundreds, in that period. I am not trying to belittle those lives that were lost or maimed, as innocent victims are innocent victims no matter what side of a conflict they are on, but the question you and Sheehy posed is hyperbolic given those figures.

Now back to opening questions regarding Palestinians killing 20 Israeli civilians. Would you accept it wouldn't be hard to find articles about 20 or more Palestinian civilians being killed in single attacks?

The question is another version of the old rhetorical chestnut I wrote about earlier: 'Does Israel have a right to defend itself?'
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2013, 08:07:37 PM
Itchy
Btw I asked Mike ben Sheehy to clarify what the idf did to provoke rocket fire from gaza.
The idf loves dead israelis as well. It justifies bombing the shit out of Gaza and the diversion of spending from education to the military, As Goebbels said at Nurnberg it is easy to get the people behind you when you convince them they are under eternal assault.

Let me put it another way Seafood. What act could Israel have done that would justify Hama's launching a rocket and killing 20 Israeli civilians. If there is such justification (I say there isn't) then surely Israel must also be allowed kill Palestinian civilians in certain circumstances. We must apply the same rules to both sides don't we?

And no, I don't think they should or will get away with the concentration camp that is Gaza.

Itchy

It was a rhetorical question Muppet, 20 people 10 people or 2 people, what's the difference. Hama's target civilians and if they had better more explosive weapons they'd use them too.

I'm not defending or agreeing with Mike but he has a point or two in there.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 16, 2013, 08:31:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 16, 2013, 08:07:37 PM
Itchy

Let me put it another way Seafood. What act could Israel have done that would justify Hama's launching a rocket and killing 20 Israeli civilians. If there is such justification (I say there isn't) then surely Israel must also be allowed kill Palestinian civilians in certain circumstances. We must apply the same rules to both sides don't we?

And no, I don't think they should or will get away with the concentration camp that is Gaza.
Israel usually assassinates someone in gaza expecting a response that is met by the white phosphorous.
It is a form of dog poking. Zionism is just ludicrous at this stage. What does Israel think it can do with all of the unwanted Palestinians in the jewish disneyland?

Itchy

Another pathetic evasion of the question Seafood. You have zero credibility.