Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2013, 03:26:25 PM
Seafood. I have news for you. Syria is at war right now before any physical intervention. Thanks for googling those stats for us, I'm sure you are very concerned with us serviceman alcoholism.

Itchy, you want the US and other to bomb the crap out of parts of Syria to depose Assad.

Fine.

Then what?

You try your best to fund and support moderate elements in the country. Doing nothing is certainly the more reprehensible tact to take.

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 08, 2013, 05:21:02 PM
Seafood. I have news for you. Syria is at war right now before any physical intervention. Thanks for googling those stats for us, I'm sure you are very concerned with us serviceman alcoholism.
I used to work in a homeless shelter in London. Veteran homelessness is great craic, itchy, but you won't read about it in the Sun.

You are a legend seafood. I don't read the sun or any other red top. They are as biased and reprehensible as you.

Itchy

Itchy, you want the US and other to bomb the crap out of parts of Syria to depose Assad.

Fine.

Then what?

Deposing Assad is for the Syrian people if they want. I'm not saying the US should have a goal to depose him, just to try stop him using chemical weapons.

muppet

Quote from: Syferus on September 08, 2013, 06:01:50 PM

Fine.

Then what?

You try your best to fund and support moderate elements in the country. Doing nothing is certainly the more reprehensible tact to take.

To help them secure power obviously. They will then spend the money on weapons, probably bought from yourself, to try to secure such power. The war will continue and more people will die.

You see these countries aren't like Ireland. They have many ethnic groups. Until recently we had only two and look how difficult we find it to get on.

Which one or two would you choose to send money to?

Here is Syria in 1922:

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2013, 06:19:02 PM

Fine.

Then what?

Deposing Assad is for the Syrian people if they want. I'm not saying the US should have a goal to depose him, just to try stop him using chemical weapons.

If you are saying the US should bomb known (agreed with say UN observers) chemical weapon stores or factories, then I actually wouldn't have much of a problem with that.
MWWSI 2017

Itchy

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 06:21:12 PM

Fine.

Then what?

If you are saying the US should bomb known (agreed with say UN observers) chemical weapon stores or factories, then I actually wouldn't have much of a problem with that.

That's exactly what I am saying. I'm not sure how those things are fired but anything that enables the firing of chemical weapons should be a target. That's been my position all along.

seafoid

Fine.

Then what?
Everyone gets a pony
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2013, 06:21:12 PM

Fine.

Then what?

and what if syria launches chemical weapons at israel in retaliation?

Itchy

And what happens if the west does nothing and he gasses 10000 civilians? All you are worried about is Israel getting involved. What a hero you are.

Count 10

Clinical strikes are great in theory but in reality do not solve problems. I remember being in Riyadh during Gulf war 1 and Iraqi scud missiles screaming in .....thankfully the Patriot missiles took care of them....and like many others I believed that the war would be over in a matter of weeks...due to clinical strikes. Well we all know now how that worked out. I just do not understand the fact that the evidence has not been produced...what is the problem....the longer this drags on the more difficult it is going to be.

muppet

The Who, from We don't get fooled again:

Change it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the fall that's all
But the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they all flown in the last war

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around me
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again
No, no!
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on September 08, 2013, 08:12:00 PM
And what happens if the west does nothing and he gasses 10000 civilians? All you are worried about is Israel getting involved. What a hero you are.
What if the jihadis did it?
How many syrians should the yanks kill to make it all better?
And how are cruise missiles better than a peace conference?

seafoid

Itchy

Quote from: seafoid on September 08, 2013, 09:39:08 PM
What would jesus do, itchy?

Why don't you paste an article out of the guardian and let us all know.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on September 08, 2013, 06:42:46 PM
and what if syria launches chemical weapons at israel in retaliation?

A lot of jews killed by gas ? We all know that you would be appalled and would condemn it without reservation ::)