Middle East landscape rapidly changing

Started by give her dixie, January 25, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on August 31, 2013, 01:28:20 PM
Dixie- that is not a proposal. Come on, surely you have some suggestion or is it just a case of empty vessels making most noise here. Seafood your proposal is fine and noble but it is medium term at best and chemical weapons are being used NOW. What would you do NOW. I assume you would do nothing and let Assad do what he wants.

Your second question is just conspiracy theory bull. Who else but Assad or his allies would gas his opponents. Say Israel and I'll start to cry.
The rebels are losing the war.
Israel wants a war with Iran.
Assad is Shia like most Iranians
If Assad wins the war Iran will be strengthened.
Israel does not want this.
It's not rocket science.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Itchy

You ignore every question I ask as you have no answers yet you want me to answer your own random stupid questions. Answer mine and maybe I'll answer yours.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on August 31, 2013, 02:15:02 PM
Dixie- that is not a proposal. Come on, surely you have some suggestion or is it just a case of empty vessels making most noise here. Seafood your proposal is fine and noble but it is medium term at best and chemical weapons are being used NOW. What would you do NOW. I assume you would do nothing and let Assad do what he wants.

Your second question is just conspiracy theory bull. Who else but Assad or his allies would gas his opponents. Say Israel and I'll start to cry.
It's not rocket science.

Either state it or deny it you utter sc**bag.

Are you actually saying that the Israelis were behind the poison gas attack in Syria ? Yes or no ?

Itchy

None of Israels neighbours are a threat to Israel. If you think Israel fired the gas and that was their motive then you are either incredibly stupid or completely blinded by hate of Israel. I'd love to know in which of your newspapers you read this theory?

haveaharp

Quote from: Itchy on August 31, 2013, 03:04:10 PM
None of Israels neighbours are a threat to Israel. If you think Israel fired the gas and that was their motive then you are either incredibly stupid or completely blinded by hate of Israel. I'd love to know in which of your newspapers you read this theory?

Would you have to be a neighbouring threat to Israel for them to act against you ?

Itchy

Back to Israel again. Not able to answer my simple question? Israel has acted against its neighbours to steal land, why would it have to do a fake gas attack when in the past it hasnt Needed to.

Arthur_Friend

I am confounded as to how anyone could think bombing Syria could make the situation there any better.

seafoid

Israel didn't do it. Israel wants the yanks to bomb syria however.

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on August 31, 2013, 02:15:02 PM

It's not rocket science.

So support Assad is your opinion?

Assad gassed thousands of people, killing several hundred of them. To do noting is to send the message that you can do as you wish in Syria, the international community will baulk at challenging a weakened rouge leader with not 10% the military might of the major nations.

Several years ago we were told that civilians were being massacred and starved in Gaza and that to do nothing was to sign their death warrants. Today civilians are being massacred in Syria but the same men who rode to the defence of the Palestinians are saying we should do nothing (holding a "peace conference is doing nothing, see the league of nations for pointless bureaucracy wilting in the face of tyranny). I despair.

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing." John Philpot Curran; an Irishman.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Itchy

Well said Trileacman. If Israel fired chemical weapons into Gaza we'd hear a different reaction on here.

Seafood has me confused. First he wrote this

It's not rocket science.

Then he wrote...

Israel didn't do it....

Is the fact you can't blame Israel short circuiting your brain? You take the opposite position to Israel as default without thinking about the situation yourself.

muppet

Ok Itchy, imagine the world could send in a truly neutral force and, without improving or compromising the interests of anyone else, succeed in removing another horrible dictator.

Then what?
MWWSI 2017

theskull1

Only a fool would use weapons that would provoke an international response.

When reasons were needed in the past.....WMD or Gulf of Tonkin ... they were found.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Syferus

Quote from: theskull1 on August 31, 2013, 06:17:12 PM
Only a fool would use weapons that would provoke an international response.

When reasons were needed in the past.....WMD or Gulf of Tonkin ... they were found.

Are you really trying to apply logical thinking to a despot dictator? Have a look at what chubby in North Korea has been at recently. This is in their wheel-house.

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on August 31, 2013, 04:50:51 PM
Well said Trileacman. If Israel fired chemical weapons into Gaza we'd hear a different reaction on here.

Seafood has me confused. First he wrote this

It's not rocket science.

Then he wrote...

Israel didn't do it....

Is the fact you can't blame Israel short circuiting your brain? You take the opposite position to Israel as default without thinking about the situation yourself.
Itchy

This may be beyond your ability to comprehend

Israel and KSA and the Yanks and the Gulf dictators want to defang Iran.
Iran supports Assad and Hezbollah. They are all Shia.
KSA and the Gulf dictators are Sunni. Look it up.

Israel can't attack Iran without Hezbollah and Assad being taken out first.
Assad is winning the war in Syria.

If this continues Israel won't be able to attack Iran.
The Yanks want to remove Assad. So does Israel .

It's all about Iran.

Israel didn't do it but one of Israel's allies may have to have a casus belli.

Itchy

I never said a force should be sent in Muppet. I said targeted air strikes as a warning to Assad was as good a way as any to stop him using chemical weapons. No one in this thread has given any practical alternative and I'm still waiting for any sort of response on this from some