Burns wants rid of Tricolour & Anthem to attract Protestants to GAA

Started by Line Ball, September 28, 2015, 10:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: oakleaflad on April 22, 2016, 02:54:40 PM
Out of all the things a teenager would tweet about a politician would be pretty low on the list in my opinion.

Is your woman's face up on posters about the place?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Nigel White

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2016, 04:04:21 PM
No the first time Burns has made an ass of himself on twitter. His arrogance towards the people of Andytown was ridiculous!
[/quote. You never miss a chance to put the boot into him.  Just jealousy I assume

Tony Baloney

I believe entirely that he tweeted it but I can see where he was going with it. I would say he was riffing on the fact her face was on the van without meaning it as a comment on her looks. If it was some good looking doll it would have been laughed off. I don't believe he meant it as a personal insult IMO.

Hardstation, "wider school community". Wiseabap.

armaghniac

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 22, 2016, 09:59:19 PM
I believe entirely that he tweeted it but I can see where he was going with it. I would say he was riffing on the fact her face was on the van without meaning it as a comment on her looks. If it was some good looking doll it would have been laughed off. I don't believe he meant it as a personal insult IMO.

Surely then he would have side that she had the back of van looking like her face?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

I think that the where's and what fors of whether he posted it are pretty irrelevant. Whoever posted it has a cast iron defence...the truth is non libellous!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 22, 2016, 11:11:15 PM
I think that the where's and what fors of whether he posted it are pretty irrelevant. Whoever posted it has a cast iron defence...the truth is non libellous!

;D  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Nigel White on April 22, 2016, 06:03:04 PM
No the first time Burns has made an ass of himself on twitter. His arrogance towards the people of Andytown was ridiculous!
[/quote. You never miss a chance to put the boot into him.  Just jealousy I assume

Jealousy of what exactly?

Aaron Boone

As an Ulsterman, I look fwd to when Jarlath takes the reins of the organisation.
Of that great Armagh team. himself & McGeeney are making major inroads nationally

Nigel White

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 22, 2016, 11:39:42 PM
Quote from: Nigel White on April 22, 2016, 06:03:04 PM

Jealousy of what exactly?
I don't know. You tell me firstly what you have against him and we'll take it from there

Beffs

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 23, 2016, 12:18:25 AM
As an Ulsterman, I look fwd to when Jarlath takes the reins of the organisation.
Of that great Armagh team. himself & McGeeney are making major inroads nationally

Other than a fast track, one way ticket to Division Four, what major national inroad is McGeeney making?

Jarlath Burns to be fair to him, is making his voice heard at the top table of GAA administration. McGeeney has done what exactly?

general_lee

QuoteMcGeeney has done what exactly?
Aye hasn't achieved anything. Don't even know why he's famous.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Beffs on April 23, 2016, 01:20:54 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 23, 2016, 12:18:25 AM

Other than a fast track, one way ticket to Division Four, what major national inroad is McGeeney making?

Jarlath Burns to be fair to him, is making his voice heard at the top table of GAA administration. McGeeney has done what exactly?

It's been concluded on other threads that McGeeney was a success at Kildare. The Armagh tole is a longer-term project, the pieces of the jigsaw are being put together on & off the field.

seafoid

I think the reason many Northern Prods aren't interested in GAA is cos they don't really know who they are. A lot of settler colonial societies like the US and Israel for example have this problem. They tend to have very negative attitudes to anything the native population does in case it destroys their made up culture. Look at how the Feds treated Leonard Peltier or what lengths Israel goes to suppress Palestinian culture.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU