The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jell 0 Biafra

He can try, but they'll find a way to overrule him.   Judges are good at this kind of thing:

Just last week, a black criminal defendant in Louisiana was denied his constitutional right to an attorney because the Louisiana Supreme Court ruled six to one that he hadn't really requested a lawyer when he told police during questioning: "I know I didn't do it. So why don't you just give me a lawyer, dawg, 'cause this is not what's up?" The willfully ignorant justices ruled that the defendant had asked for a "lawyer dog," not a lawyer, so he had not invoked his right to counsel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/opinion/slavery-kelly-civil-war-compromise.html

foxcommander

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 02, 2017, 05:02:25 PM
He can try, but they'll find a way to overrule him.   Judges are good at this kind of thing:

Just last week, a black criminal defendant in Louisiana was denied his constitutional right to an attorney because the Louisiana Supreme Court ruled six to one that he hadn't really requested a lawyer when he told police during questioning: "I know I didn't do it. So why don't you just give me a lawyer, dawg, 'cause this is not what's up?" The willfully ignorant justices ruled that the defendant had asked for a "lawyer dog," not a lawyer, so he had not invoked his right to counsel.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/opinion/slavery-kelly-civil-war-compromise.html

There's a time and place for talking like you're some sort of gangster rapper. That's not it.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

The Iceman

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 02, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2017, 02:33:10 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 02, 2017, 02:19:09 PM
We're the "diversity" visas not introduced as a means to improve the chances of people from Western Europe....(i.e. White people) of getting a green card?

I honestly never heard of them before this week.

But apparently a bipartisan group of senators, including Chuck Schumer, moved to get rid of them four years ago.

I don't know what their reasons were.

The DV lottery used to be a handy way for Irish people to get into the states. There used to be so many green cards available that just about every Irish person who applied got it. I remember asking a friend how she arrived in the US and she said "Oh I just got the green card and came on over." That's how it was in her day. By the time I got here I had to spend ten years and spend thousands of dollars in lawyers' fees to get my green card. My employer helped me out but I was still out of pocket by quite a lot. And the worst thing about the endless wait is you have to keep checking the online visa bulletin every month to see if the queue has moved. You don't know if they're going to get to you in the next month or the next five years. In the meantime you're on a H1B visa and have to keep your head down at work and make sure you're in the good graces of your boss no matter how mad he is.
what visa did you enter the country on Eamon? why did it take ten years? and $1000s?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on November 02, 2017, 05:04:40 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 02, 2017, 05:02:25 PM

There's a time and place for talking like you're some sort of gangster rapper. That's not it.

Get a grip FFS.

There's no law against dialect or colloquial speech.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 02, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

What are the stats for terrorist or even criminal, never mind murderous, behaviour from immigrants , whether legal or not? How do they compare with citizens? If you removed all the "diversity" immigrants (signed into law under Bush1), what dent would that have made in the crime and murder stats?

Undocumented immigrants are more likely to keep their heads down for obvious reasons and considerably less likely to be involved in crime. But you try explaining that to the numbskulls in the "send them back" lobby.

Let me see if I am getting this right, the reason undoumented illegals do not commit more crimes is that they are in the country illegally and are afraid of being deported???? Now thats quality!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

heganboy

what visa did you enter the country on Eamon? why did it take ten years? and $1000s?

Ice, that's really not unusual if you don't marry a citizen.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: stew on November 02, 2017, 11:22:52 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 02, 2017, 03:55:26 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 02, 2017, 02:31:10 PM

What are the stats for terrorist or even criminal, never mind murderous, behaviour from immigrants , whether legal or not? How do they compare with citizens? If you removed all the "diversity" immigrants (signed into law under Bush1), what dent would that have made in the crime and murder stats?

Undocumented immigrants are more likely to keep their heads down for obvious reasons and considerably less likely to be involved in crime. But you try explaining that to the numbskulls in the "send them back" lobby.

Let me see if I am getting this right, the reason undoumented illegals do not commit more crimes is that they are in the country illegally and are afraid of being deported???? Now thats quality!

Anyone who comes illegally bypasses and and all vetting while those who come legally are (or at least should be) vetted

The big problem that occurred in MA is that some very very bad people (illegals) who got lifted should have been handed straight over to ICE. Instead they got released went on to commit even worse crimes and typically the victims are other (law abiding) illegals or people of color who live in poor neighborhoods.

The illegals aren't sipping soy lattes in Wellesley with the hot soccer moms....they're in the poorest minority neighborhoods that already have high levels of crime

Gmac

Quote from: heganboy on November 02, 2017, 04:50:19 PM
How can a judge preside over a fair trial when the president of the US is calling for the death penalty. Surely the Uzbek can plead that the 6th amendment has been violated, i.e. the right to an impartial jury
he rented a truck and drove on the sidewalk in Manhattan and tried to kill as many people as he could but u worry about a fair trial for this Bastard ,trump is expressing what most people think should happen to this piece of shit , would that not be a good signal to send out to other potential terrorists ?

stew

How can a judge preside over a fair trial when the president of the US is calling for the death penalty. Surely the Uzbek can plead that the 6th amendment has been violated, i.e. the right to an impartial jury

Is he a citizen?

J70

Quote from: Gmac on November 03, 2017, 04:12:47 AM
he rented a truck and drove on the sidewalk in Manhattan and tried to kill as many people as he could but u worry about a fair trial for this b**tard ,trump is expressing what most people think should happen to this piece of shit , would that not be a good signal to send out to other potential terrorists ?

If they can rig or bias his trial, they can rig or bias your's. This person should be tried fairly and suffer the appropriate consequences for his actions. And do you really think Islamic terrorists give a f**k about the death penalty?

Trump should have learned from his ridiculous behaviour with the Central Park Five case, but then again that would presume some consideration and reflection and self awareness on his part.

Rossfan

Trump is just as much a piece of shit as the Uzbek or the white right wing gun nut terrorists who've murdered how many Americans on the last 10 years.
Just as well "Gmac" wasn't in charge of British security in the 1970s or the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4, Maguires, Judith Ward etc would have been lynched immediately.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 09:12:16 AM
he rented a truck and drove on the sidewalk in Manhattan and tried to kill as many people as he could but u worry about a fair trial for this b**tard ,trump is expressing what most people think should happen to this piece of shit , would that not be a good signal to send out to other potential terrorists ?

If they can rig or bias his trial, they can rig or bias your's. This person should be tried fairly and suffer the appropriate consequences for his actions. And do you really think Islamic terrorists give a f**k about the death penalty?

Trump should have learned from his ridiculous behaviour with the Central Park Five case, but then again that would presume some consideration and reflection and self awareness on his part.

your's???? J70, I've never seen you that rattled. Hardy will be gutted.

J70

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

;D :)

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 03, 2017, 09:41:33 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2017, 09:30:42 AM

;D :)

A judge can do his job, you know, the one he is paid to do and he can weigh the evidence and make a decision from there, Trump really is a screwball.

stew

Donna Brazile, that notorious neo conservative has turned on Killory, in her new book she talks of killory doing a deal, four months before she announced she was running for the office of POTUS btw, and her deal with the Democrat party, she was to have control over the entire process including managing campaign funds, no shock there, of course Bernie, when told the news accepted it, took it up the ass and did not kick up a fuss! Why I ask myself????

The democrat party is once again exposed as a corrupt, divided party, unfit to govern due to the elites f**king over the members once again, Kilory in 2020 for some of you lads and lassies on here no doubt! Sad! )