Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 04:54:34 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 04:42:29 PM
my point is that that money was needed to increase the player percentage in Dublin to place the county on an equal footing with rural counties. Splitting Dublin would be a backward step. Also you posted a link for a newspaper article during the year that Dublin would recieve money to invest in underage structures yet when pressed on it you couldn't back it up with details of the money being recieved and what it was spent on hence the so called money !
If you have a problem with points on unionism and rural counties amalgamating being discussed due to their relevance to this thread then you strike me as someone who basically has a negative agenda!
Unionist are free in name to take part in our games but we all know the truth in this regard therefore are the six counties at a disadvantage?

The money was mostly used to improve the playing standard of Dublin in football and hurling, elite squads with elite coaches and top level equipment and facilities.
I don't have the details of the plan, I can't tell you about the specifics.
Those things are irrelevent to this thread. This is about Dublin being bought success.
Start a new thread about unionism.
they are not irrellavent! Your argument in case to split Dublin is based on unfair advantage arising from money recieved yet when pressed on the how it was spent you decline to engage!
How much money did Laois recieve for the redevelopment of OMoore Park?

deiseach

How many extra players has Laois received in the last couple of decades courtesy of being in the Dublin commuter belt?

INDIANA

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 04:42:29 PM
my point is that that money was needed to increase the player percentage in Dublin to place the county on an equal footing with rural counties. Splitting Dublin would be a backward step. Also you posted a link for a newspaper article during the year that Dublin would recieve money to invest in underage structures yet when pressed on it you couldn't back it up with details of the money being recieved and what it was spent on hence the so called money !
If you have a problem with points on unionism and rural counties amalgamating being discussed due to their relevance to this thread then you strike me as someone who basically has a negative agenda!
Unionist are free in name to take part in our games but we all know the truth in this regard therefore are the six counties at a disadvantage?

The money was mostly used to improve the playing standard of Dublin in football and hurling, elite squads with elite coaches and top level equipment and facilities.
Those things are irrelevent to this thread. This is about Dublin being bought success.

The first thing to clarify for posters is this guy has no information of any kind of how any revenue is spent in Dublin GAA.

He can't tell you specifics- because he has none

He doesn't have details- because like Manuel from Fawlty Towers "He knows nothing"

His entire opinion is based on conjecture and bullshit so while some of you may see him as the Salmon of Knowledge on this topic I can you tell for a fact Krusty the Clown has far more information to offer then this guy does.

INDIANA

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 25, 2013, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 25, 2013, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on September 25, 2013, 03:42:30 PM
Split Dublin.......Split Kilkenny.....Split Kerry......Split Michael Schumacher.....Ludicrous

http://imgur.com/gallery/3Nolu

You're a bit slow.
would you be happy if a South Dublin team was contesting an all ireland final with a Dublin North team?
Would you object to small counties amalgamating?
Do you know that kildare has roughly the same number of adult players as Dublin ?
What county are you from btw?

Is there a source out there for those figures just out of interest?

Kildare has 16 senior football clubs, 16 intermediate and 9 competing in the junior championship. 3 other junior clubs Ardclough, Athgarvan and Kildangan did not enter the championship this year.

That's a bizarre claim. Kildare has 90 teams playing league football across 7 divisions. Dublin has 192 teams playing across 12 Divisions.

Can we have some sources to back up your claim?

Kildare have 50 clubs Dinny. Dublin have about 85.

You're not seriously suggesting that Jim Gavin is recruiting players from the Junior E championship are you?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:01:53 PM
they are not irrellavent! Your argument in case to split Dublin is based on unfair advantage arising from money recieved yet when pressed on the how it was spent you decline to engage!

I've told you how it was spent, I said I don't have details on the exact amount each area got.
How much did Dublin receive for the redevelopment of Croke Park? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, your attempts to change the topic are pathetic.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: deiseach on September 25, 2013, 05:04:47 PM
How many extra players has Laois received in the last couple of decades courtesy of being in the Dublin commuter belt?

0. The advantage has come the other way around.
Peter Quinn

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:17:43 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 25, 2013, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on September 25, 2013, 04:06:04 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 03:45:33 PM
Quote from: DoireGael on September 25, 2013, 03:42:30 PM
Split Dublin.......Split Kilkenny.....Split Kerry......Split Michael Schumacher.....Ludicrous

http://imgur.com/gallery/3Nolu

You're a bit slow.
would you be happy if a South Dublin team was contesting an all ireland final with a Dublin North team?
Would you object to small counties amalgamating?
Do you know that kildare has roughly the same number of adult players as Dublin ?
What county are you from btw?

Is there a source out there for those figures just out of interest?

Kildare has 16 senior football clubs, 16 intermediate and 9 competing in the junior championship. 3 other junior clubs Ardclough, Athgarvan and Kildangan did not enter the championship this year.

That's a bizarre claim. Kildare has 90 teams playing league football across 7 divisions. Dublin has 192 teams playing across 12 Divisions.

Can we have some sources to back up your claim?

Kildare have 50 clubs Dinny. Dublin have about 85.

You're not seriously suggesting that Jim Gavin is recruiting players from the Junior E championship are you?

44 football clubs by my count.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dont Matter

Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:12:29 PM
The first thing to clarify for posters is this guy has no information of any kind of how any revenue is spent in Dublin GAA.

He doesn't have details- because like Manuel from Fawlty Towers "He knows nothing"

His entire opinion is based on conjecture and bullshit so while some of you may see him as the Salmon of Knowledge on this topic I can you tell for a fact Krusty the Clown has far more information to offer then this guy does.

I've said how the money was spent, I don't have their accounts and I'd say it would be hard for anyone to get their hands on them.
First it was claimed the 7 million never existed, then the usual attempts to point fingers elsewhere, I have said where the money has gone and now people want me to show them receipts.  :D
Peter Quinn

deiseach

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:19:13 PM

Yeah, right.

QuoteThe population change varied widely across the country. By far the fastest growing county in percentage terms was Laois which increased by 13,399 from 67,059 to 80,458, an increase of 20.0 per cent. This is over twice the rate for the State as a whole and significantly higher than the next fastest growing county, Cavan, which increased by 13.9 per cent.

Michael Schmeichal

[The money was mostly used to improve the playing standard of Dublin in football and hurling, elite squads with elite coaches and top level equipment and facilities.

This is vague unsubstatiated nonsense. The reason you don't have any detail is your making it up. 7 million of taxpayers money my hole!

Johnnybegood

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: Johnnybegood on September 25, 2013, 05:01:53 PM

I've told you how it was spent, I said I don't have details on the exact amount each area got.
How much did Dublin receive for the redevelopment of Croke Park? It has nothing to do with the topic at hand, your attempts to change the topic are pathetic.
im not trying to change the topic! Your argument is based on Dublins comparative advantage to other counties yet when valid points are put to you you decline to engage
How much money did Laois recieve for OMoore Park?

Dont Matter

Quote from: deiseach on September 25, 2013, 05:24:56 PM
Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:19:13 PM

Yeah, right.

QuoteThe population change varied widely across the country. By far the fastest growing county in percentage terms was Laois which increased by 13,399 from 67,059 to 80,458, an increase of 20.0 per cent. This is over twice the rate for the State as a whole and significantly higher than the next fastest growing county, Cavan, which increased by 13.9 per cent.

The 2011 census? That tells us how much extra players Laois has received in the last couple of decades?
Peter Quinn

INDIANA

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2013, 05:23:20 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on September 25, 2013, 05:12:29 PM

I've said how the money was spent, I don't have their accounts and I'd say it would be hard for anyone to get their hands on them.
First it was claimed the 7 million never existed, then the usual attempts to point fingers elsewhere, I have said where the money has gone and now people want me to show them receipts.  :D

Nobody knows anything about this 7m except you.

I know exactly how Dublin have made incremental improvements. And money was the least of them!

The only substantial improvement offered from the GAA was to increase the number of GPO's from 14 to 50 and half their salary is paid by the club itself!

So you haven't a rashers what's going on.

Johnnybegood

How mch did Laois recieve for the redevelopment of OMoore Park?

Dont Matter

Quote from: Michael Schmeichal on September 25, 2013, 05:25:24 PM
This is vague unsubstatiated nonsense. The reason you don't have any detail is your making it up. 7 million of taxpayers money my hole!

There was a strategic programme manager appointed with regional development officers, hurling development officers and games promotion officers.
Each club had access to a development officer. They would work in different regional areas, the main aim was to target schools and identify and train elite talent. These people cost money, when you add on payment of coaches, equipment, facilties etc etc you can begin to see what sort of set up we're dealing with.
Peter Quinn