Time to Split Dublin

Started by Dont Matter, September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it right that Dublin got 7 million to implement a plan to dominate the GAA World?

Yes
42 (29%)
No
103 (71%)

Total Members Voted: 145

J OGorman

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
Time for the lines to be drawn. It's going to be either Dublin North and Dublin South or maybe Dublin Fingal, Dublin South and Dublin Dun Laoighaire Rathdown.
Bertie and co granted Dublin 7 million euros, the plan was for Dublin to dominate All Irelands in hurling and football. 2 in 3 years in football and the first real Leinster title in hurling shows that the plan is working well, not as well as it should but working well non the less.
They have over 1 million people, all the best facilities in the country, all the best coaches available, play every game at home, the best set up in schools and underage because of money. It's not what the GAA is all about. It's meant to be teams playing against eachother on an equal footing.
It's an ameteur game, how much are Dublin spending on that management team and backroom staff? They can even afford to pay Bernard Dunne to hang around for the banter with players.

Lets hope the GAA stop looking after their pockets and bring fair play back to inter county football. Split Dublin into 2 or 3 and start dividing resources fairly, also introduce caps on money spent on inter county teams.

Must admit, chuckled at that bit

Rodman

Dublin Roll of Honour at All-Ireland level in the past 20 years

0 Senior Colleges football
1 vocational schools football
1 minor football
3 u-21 football
3 Senior Football

1 senior colleges hurling
0 vocational schools hurling
0 minor hurling
0 u-21 hurling
0 senior hurling

Hardly that impressive that warrants splitting the county. In fact, it's a pretty poor record. There is no chance of Dublin dominating anything no matter how much money is spent on them.

northsideboy

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 22, 2013, 05:28:16 PM
Time for the lines to be drawn. It's going to be either Dublin North and Dublin South or maybe Dublin Fingal, Dublin South and Dublin Dun Laoighaire Rathdown.
Bertie and co granted Dublin 7 million euros, the plan was for Dublin to dominate All Irelands in hurling and football. 2 in 3 years in football and the first real Leinster title in hurling shows that the plan is working well, not as well as it should but working well non the less.
They have over 1 million people, all the best facilities in the country, all the best coaches available, play every game at home, the best set up in schools and underage because of money. It's not what the GAA is all about. It's meant to be teams playing against eachother on an equal footing.
It's an ameteur game, how much are Dublin spending on that management team and backroom staff? They can even afford to pay Bernard Dunne to hang around for the banter with players.

Lets hope the GAA stop looking after their pockets and bring fair play back to inter county football. Split Dublin into 2 or 3 and start dividing resources fairly, also introduce caps on money spent on inter county teams.

You are only a third rate wum. Hope you choke on all that bitterness ;D ;D ;D ;D

antoinse

This bullsh** starts up every time Dublin wins and it is really sad. There is no way there should be a spilt in Dublin. Let counties get up off their own asses and do the work that the clubs continue to do at underage club level.

Dont Matter

I've been saying this all along no matter if Dublin win or lose. Getting 7 million more than everybody else is not fair game. Whenever I bring it up it's strange that no one can debate the facts I bring up, they prefer to deal in personal abuse or completely ignore the topic.
This has nothing to do with Dublin winning the All Ireland today, receiving all the benefits they do is unfair, if Leitrim received the same benefits I would say the same.
Why shouldn't the All Ireland football and hurling titles be contested by teams on an equal footing? What have people got wrong with this situation?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: antoinse on September 22, 2013, 11:59:35 PM
This bullsh** starts up every time Dublin wins and it is really sad. There is no way there should be a spilt in Dublin. Let counties get up off their own asses and do the work that the clubs continue to do at underage club level.

Give every county 7 million euro more than everyone else and see what happens.
Peter Quinn

BennyCake

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 23, 2013, 12:19:11 AM
I've been saying this all along no matter if Dublin win or lose. Getting 7 million more than everybody else is not fair game. Whenever I bring it up it's strange that no one can debate the facts I bring up, they prefer to deal in personal abuse or completely ignore the topic.
This has nothing to do with Dublin winning the All Ireland today, receiving all the benefits they do is unfair, if Leitrim received the same benefits I would say the same.
Why shouldn't the All Ireland football and hurling titles be contested by teams on an equal footing? What have people got wrong with this situation?

See post #21  ::)

Eamonnca1

So we should split counties that have a lot of money but win hardly anything, but keep counties together when they're beating all round them?

Catch yourself on!

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 23, 2013, 01:51:53 AM
So we should split counties that have a lot of money but win hardly anything, but keep counties together when they're beating all round them?

Catch yourself on!

Happy to entertain the notion of splitting counties once we're also considering amalgamating other less successful counties.  I look forward to North Dublin taking on Roscommon/Sligo/London, or Meath/Westmeath/Laois for example.

Jell 0 Biafra

Not to mention the fun Benny, Don't and  Dirk will have once we have the first North Vs South Dublin All Ireland Final...

Jaysis, it'd almost be worth splitting Dublin to read their apoplectic posts once that happens!

BennyCake

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 23, 2013, 03:25:27 AM
Not to mention the fun Benny, Don't and  Dirk will have once we have the first North Vs South Dublin All Ireland Final...

Jaysis, it'd almost be worth splitting Dublin to read their apoplectic posts once that happens!

If you care to read my earlier post again, you'll see I didn't say dublin should be split.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on September 23, 2013, 01:56:08 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on September 23, 2013, 01:51:53 AM

Catch yourself on!

Happy to entertain the notion of splitting counties once we're also considering amalgamating other less successful counties.  I look forward to North Dublin taking on Roscommon/Sligo/London, or Meath/Westmeath/Laois for example.

Oh the fans would love that. Such loyalty to the age-old kingdom of Roscommon/Sligo/London.  "Come on Roscommon/Sligo/London!"

Dirk Diggler

Have to say. The most modest captain. The most honest captain. The best captain (at least since 1990). A giant, one of the greatest footballers I have ever seen. He has revolututioinnised  football since he made his debut  He deserves every thing.

BennyCake

Quote from: Dirk Diggler on September 23, 2013, 05:05:23 AM
Have to say. The most modest captain. The most honest captain. The best captain (at least since 1990). A giant, one of the greatest footballers I have ever seen. He has revolututioinnised  football since he made his debut  He deserves every thing.

Aye, McGeeney was some player.

Dont Matter

When are the figures released for the amount spent on county teams for the year? Surely proper GAA men and women want fair funding for everybody?
Dublin should dominate football for the forseeable future and a hurling All Ireland is on the way. In fact it's an embarrassment to them that this hasn't already happened.
Peter Quinn