GAA record achievments

Started by The Bottom Brick, July 01, 2007, 08:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bottom Brick

I see on the TM Cup thread someone asked if Antrim's score against KK was a record. Anyone know?

Here's an interesting one...

Wht is the highest winning margin/ scoreline you've ever heard of or seen?

And the highest individual score in a match, hurling or football?

Apparently Michael Donnellan scored 0-33 in an underage game (anyone confirm??)! Didn't Mickey Kearins score something like 18 points in a Railway Cup match...

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

The Bottom Brick

33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

imtommygunn

The highest individual score I heard of was SL McGoldrick in the Derry juinor/ intermediate hurling last year. 23 points.

You'd think with us, maybe, making these records in Antrim we were a good team!!

33 points - that'd be some going. 1 point every ~2 minutes. You'd need to be nearly catching every kickout , running with it and then kicking it straight back over!

Rossfan

Ros scored 10 - 18 v London back in 1980 in the Championship. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shamrock Shore

The record scoreline, asopposed to margin of defeat, unfortunately, is held by us Larries:

1960 Leinster Senior Football Championship

Dublin 10-13
Longford 3-08

muppet

Cora Staunton scored 2-13 yesterday in Glaway in the Connacht Final!

That has to be some kind of record.

The highest in an AIF is jointly held by Jimmy Keaveney and Mikey Sheehy, 2-6 I think.
Canavan has the highest number of scores in an AIF, 11. 
MWWSI 2017

The Real SlimShady

i remember our minors beating our parish rivals 8.27 to 0.01 and the following year getting beat 8.27 to 0.00!

Captain Scarlet

What must eoin kelly clock up in a club match. surely he'd be breaking records.

another query.how many AI titles does brian whelehan, i heard it was a carzy no like 15 between offally, birr and schools. anyone know anything about that one?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Hollow Man

Quotei remember our minors beating our parish rivals 8.27 to 0.01 and the following year getting beat 8.27 to 0.00!

Is this true?

Captain Scarlet

oh forgot this one too, our club corner forward scored 3 goals in 8 mins this year in a league match. thats tight goin too!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

The Real SlimShady

Quote from: Hollow Man on July 02, 2007, 12:38:38 PM
Quotei remember our minors beating our parish rivals 8.27 to 0.01 and the following year getting beat 8.27 to 0.00!

Is this true?

yes. and they mostly went to school together and our lads had slagged them all year about this 51 to 1 drubbing only to get thumped 51 zip the next year. we lost a lot of players tho!