Medical Status of Boardmembers

Started by Ball Hopper, December 19, 2019, 03:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Happy Christmas BH and continued good wishes to you

Jeepers Creepers

Merry Christmas BH. Here's to many more!

laoislad

Happy Christmas BH glad the thread helped you. This board is great really and also helped me a few years ago when I started my own thread during a rough time for myself.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BennyCake

Happy Christmas BH.

You've truly been inspirational throughout your journey. Wishing you good health and happiness for 2021, and beyond.

balladmaker

Happy Christmas BH ... the way you carry yourself is an inspiration, well done on the massive progress so far and here's to a great 2021!

bannside

+1. Your positive attitude BH will see you through this. For the rest of us, we dont know whats coming round the next corner or two. Keep up the good fight and hope 2021 will be a good one for you.

Ball Hopper

Not much to report since Christmas.  Walking distance is now 3 miles a day - got under 50 minutes most days this past week.  Recent blood tests show everything is now up to the middle of the normal range.  Weight is steady, diet is good and overall I feel great. 

I have an appointment with the surgeon in a few weeks to determine if I'm finally repaired enough to pass the leak test.  If he has any doubt I'll postpone the test till he feels I'm almost guaranteed to pass.   If he says I'm ready to go in mid-Feb, I'll wait till the first week of March for the test anyway.

Doing the family tree research online these days...for anyone else doing it I can report lots of errors in both Church and Civil Records in the Irish genealogy website.  The quality of handwriting back in the day was almost art by some people keeping records and nothing more than chicken-scratch by others.  Some of the causes of death make interesting reading, to say the least. 

I'll update again in early March and at that time I might have a schedule for the final surgery to put me back together again.  I think I'll be ready for it in late March and even more ready to put all this behind me with a great sense of gratitude.

Thanks again for all the support - it really does mean a lot to me.

Milltown Row2

Brilliant stuff Hopper.

After my father passed away with bowel cancer in November  my sister was having issues in that area during the time that I'd been taking dad to hospital for his appointments, as the focus was on dad she put her own thing to one side...

So after Xmas she went to see the consultant who carried out a number of checks and she had the camera put in also for a look, after that he sent her for a CS followed by a MRI, the results showed a tumour in the bowel, with everything so raw with dad it's been difficult to come to terms with. 

So surgery was set the following week, (last Thursday) operated on tumour, it was removed successfully, though we wait on the biopsy from the tumour the surgeon feels very confident on things. My sister is 45.

I suppose what I'm saying is don't leave anything for another day, any signs take take it further, if still not happy take it further again. Fingers crossed that my sister has no more dealings with this, but this seem to be something in the family, my dads two brothers passed away with similar cancers also.

As for the hospitals surgeons consultants staff nurses and doctors they are still carrying out these life saving operations, don't delay because of Covid get see before it's too late
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

general_lee

Keep her lit Ballhopper you can't keep a good man down!

Jeepers Creepers

Keeper er lit indeed BH. Good to hear anotehr update. Milltown sorry for your loss and hope all goes well with your sister.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 05, 2021, 08:00:16 AM
Brilliant stuff Hopper.

After my father passed away with bowel cancer in November  my sister was having issues in that area during the time that I'd been taking dad to hospital for his appointments, as the focus was on dad she put her own thing to one side...

So after Xmas she went to see the consultant who carried out a number of checks and she had the camera put in also for a look, after that he sent her for a CS followed by a MRI, the results showed a tumour in the bowel, with everything so raw with dad it's been difficult to come to terms with. 

So surgery was set the following week, (last Thursday) operated on tumour, it was removed successfully, though we wait on the biopsy from the tumour the surgeon feels very confident on things. My sister is 45.

I suppose what I'm saying is don't leave anything for another day, any signs take take it further, if still not happy take it further again. Fingers crossed that my sister has no more dealings with this, but this seem to be something in the family, my dads two brothers passed away with similar cancers also.

As for the hospitals surgeons consultants staff nurses and doctors they are still carrying out these life saving operations, don't delay because of Covid get see before it's too late

Sorry to hear about your sis MR, hopefully all's ok, fingers crossed

J70

Best of luck Ball Hopper.

And to your sister as well Milltown.

omochain

BH, Great to hear that your recovery is proceeding well and good luck with the continued treatment.
Milltown ... hope your sister gets well soon.

Tony Baloney

MR is it a polyp or a confirmed tumour in your sister? If the former, hopefully comes back with the best news - the consultants can tell a lot about them by the look of them in the colonoscopy so if he suspects okay fingers crossed he's correct.

Ball Hopper

Hopefully test results will be good MR2. 

Send her our best wishes.