Water Charges. How much?

Started by Denn Forever, May 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 03, 2016, 11:23:58 AM
Quote from: Hound on May 03, 2016, 11:21:42 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 03, 2016, 11:00:00 AM
Not sure where to throw this link, here looked the best bet!

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/murphy-takes-the-mickey-out-of-the-irish-people-34674660.html
Wow. Paul Murphy has a salary of €87k plus expenses. But because he funnels his money through the AAA, he can claim to have disposable income of less than €18k, so that we (or those of us who pay tax) can pay his legal bills for him.

It's no wonder he gets so many votes from the "Let someone else pay for it" brigade!
I thought they all voted SF.

That's the issue - SF and the Anti-paying-for-Anything-Alliance are vying for the votes of this demographic.

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2016, 11:28:56 AM
Where's the public outrage about this private school educated hypocritical sponging cnut?
If a FFr/FGr tried that they'd be forced out of the Dàil while if it was a SFr the Indorag would be in full cry.

The article is from the Indo. They are pro Irish Water. They are anti-left. Where do you stand? You are anti wealthy (LEFT), anti Indo (LEFT) anti Sinn Fein (RIGHT), anti Indo when attacking Sinn Fein (LEFT), anti-won't pay for anything brigade (RIGHT). Anti Unions (RIGHT), Union member (LEFT). Do we tot them up and see who wins? A pair of beach sandals wouldn't flip flop as much as u.

ashman

Quote from: mikehunt on May 03, 2016, 12:01:13 PM
Where's the public outrage about this private school educated hypocritical sponging cnut?
If a FFr/FGr tried that they'd be forced out of the Dàil while if it was a SFr the Indorag would be in full cry.

The article is from the Indo. They are pro Irish Water. They are anti-left. Where do you stand? You are anti wealthy (LEFT), anti Indo (LEFT) anti Sinn Fein (RIGHT), anti Indo when attacking Sinn Fein (LEFT), anti-won't pay for anything brigade (RIGHT). Anti Unions (RIGHT), Union member (LEFT). Do we tot them up and see who wins? A pair of beach sandals wouldn't flip flop as much as u.

The Irish left are a bunch of careerist opportunists who think everything should be free except for "the rich". 
I would be quite amenable to a sustainable social democracy but I can't see this . 

Also FF are shameless opportunists and FG are weak and lily livered . 

mikehunt

Quote from: ashman on May 03, 2016, 12:11:11 PM

The Irish left are a bunch of careerist opportunists who think everything should be free except for "the rich". 
I would be quite amenable to a sustainable social democracy but I can't see this . 

I heard Alan Dukes and another "retired" politician lament the rise of Independents and AAA/PBP on the radio. Didn't register with them that their popularity is a direct result of the actions of their own party. The arrogance of FG is their undoing.

As an aside I wonder will the people who labelled non-payers as spongers accept the refund? Hypocrites if they do. There were a few on this board who had no problem paying.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: mikehunt on May 03, 2016, 12:56:12 PM
Quote from: ashman on May 03, 2016, 12:11:11 PM

I heard Alan Dukes and another "retired" politician lament the rise of Independents and AAA/PBP on the radio. Didn't register with them that their popularity is a direct result of the actions of their own party. The arrogance of FG is their undoing.

As an aside I wonder will the people who labelled non-payers as spongers accept the refund? Hypocrites if they do. There were a few on this board who had no problem paying.

They'll have no problem taking a refund either.

ashman

MikeHunt

I take your point re Dukes but the AAA / PBP / Indo/ SF gains were in the main due to the Labour Party's promises in 2011 election .

From the Bunker

Why should water be free? Why? I don't understand this?

mikehunt

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 03, 2016, 01:16:40 PM

Who paid for it prior to Irish Water being set-up? If you know who and where they are, can you ask them to come back?

From the Bunker

Quote from: mikehunt on May 03, 2016, 01:32:44 PM

Who paid for it prior to Irish Water being set-up? If you know who and where they are, can you ask them to come back?

On a water scheme.. Have always paid for water. My Parents have always paid for water. If I pay for water and you don't then I pay twice? Yes?

Denn Forever

There were local water boards paid by the Government who ran the pumping stations and treatment plants.  So the tax payers paid.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

From the Bunker

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 03, 2016, 01:40:19 PM
There were local water boards paid by the Government who ran the pumping stations and treatment plants.  So the tax payers paid.

So people on Schemes paid twice?

weareros

Arra will you whisht. Sure doesn't it come from the sky. And why should we bother our arses treating sewage. Spew it into the lakes and rivers like we've always done. All it will do is kill a few fish and eels. Slimy bastards. What have those hoors ever done for us? And if the Jackeens are running out a water, let's borrow some money from Europe and divert the Shannon their way so the poor people of Athlone aren't getting flooded out of it all the time and poor Joan Burton doesn't have to be trawling though the Venice of the West by boat. And sure what if it's undrinkable. Boil it a few times and it's a grand cup of tea. And all the fluride will keep the auld yalla shine off the teeth. Pay for water, did you ever hear the like. Pay for Sky, for for The Sun, pay Rubert Murdorch, pay Murphy's legal fees, pay half your wages to Sinn Fein - but never, ever pay for water.

mikehunt

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 03, 2016, 01:42:06 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on May 03, 2016, 01:40:19 PM

So people on Schemes paid twice?

Yes you pay twice. You are being done. Rossfan wants everyone to pay twice to make it more equitable.

Rossfan

And we taxpayers in rural areas pay the sane tax rates and have to pay for our water too.
How about tax refunds for us?
The Irish so called left get totally wound up because the cosseted people with nice snug homes were asked to pay €3 nett per week for public water and sewerage.
SF got afraid of their sh1te those cnuts would take their seats so water charges became their only real issue.
Then FF who agreed with the Troika to bring in water charges got afraid of SF and jumped on the anti bandwagon.
FG in the interests of making Kenny the first FG Taoiseach to be returned to Office agreed a shameful climb down with FF.

The money foregone in water/sewerage charges would build about 1,000 social houses per annum.
But sure we can't be doing that - much better to give legal aid to a hypocrite like Murphy.

Only " working class people" he ever met were the family servants.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mikehunt

Quote from: Rossfan on May 03, 2016, 01:52:17 PM
And we taxpayers in rural areas pay the sane tax rates and have to pay for our water too.
How about tax refunds for us?
The Irish so called left get totally wound up because the cosseted people with nice snug homes were asked to pay €3 nett per week for public water and sewerage.
SF got afraid of their sh1te those cnuts would take their seats so water charges became their only real issue.
Then FF who agreed with the Troika to bring in water charges got afraid of SF and jumped on the anti bandwagon.
FG in the interests of making Kenny the first FG Taoiseach to be returned to Office agreed a shameful climb down with FF.

The money foregone in water/sewerage charges would build about 1,000 social houses per annum.
But sure we can't be doing that - much better to give legal aid to a hypocrite like Murphy.

Only " working class people" he ever met were the family servants.

Surprised u don't like Enda, he flip flops as much as yourself. Console yourself with your over-inflated public sector salary, consider the money u contribute to public water system as a type of levy. You lambast anti-water charge folk as spongers. u scream for a rebate out of the other side of your mouth. Do u have tourettes?