Water Charges. How much?

Started by Denn Forever, May 14, 2014, 02:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

muppet

With regard to the title of this thread, I had to post this:

https://www.facebook.com/theauldlfellabuckley/posts/10205904252312315

First pic taken 1st of October reads 524 m3 , Second pic taken today 2nd November reads 544 m3 , so we are supposed to have used 20m3 in one month , Now ONE m3 is = to 1000 litres of water , so we have used 20000 litres of water in one month ?? Assuming we have an allowance of 30000 litres per year that leaves us using 210,000 liters a year @ €2.44 per 1000 litre = €512,400 owed by us to Irish Water ???? please correct me if I have got this wrong !!

Please, nobody correct him.

Tell him he should expect his bill for €512,400 just after Christmas and that if he is lucky we will have a whip around for him on New Year's.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

I see Liam Neeson has been on the egg nog
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/liam-neeson-will-not-return-to-ireland-because-of-water-charges-star-says-people-have-been-fed-from-a-great-height-by-bankers-and-government-30863244.html

now whether you agree with water charges or not, people still have to pay for water, the only issue is whether the people who use it should contribute or will the usual suspects have to pay for everything. Either way 50c a day should not be material in deciding where a millionaire should want to live.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on December 29, 2014, 07:59:48 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/liam-neeson-will-not-return-to-ireland-because-of-water-charges-star-says-people-have-been-fed-from-a-great-height-by-bankers-and-government-30863244.html

now whether you agree with water charges or not, people still have to pay for water, the only issue is whether the people who use it should contribute or will the usual suspects have to pay for everything. Either way 50c a day should not be material in deciding where a millionaire should want to live.

You fail to see the bigger picture here. Principles are something that most people don't have any more.
50c today can mean 5 Euro in 10 years time. There will be no going back once charges are in legislation.

You'll have a section of the population which won't be able to afford water payments. What then?
There's already hungry families out there.

Disgraceful and whoever backs this charge should take a good look at themselves and their principles.

Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2014, 08:30:02 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on December 29, 2014, 07:59:48 PM

You fail to see the bigger picture here. Principles are something that most people don't have any more.
50c today can mean 5 Euro in 10 years time. There will be no going back once charges are in legislation.

You'll have a section of the population which won't be able to afford water payments. What then?

Disgraceful and whoever backs this charge should take a good look at themselves and their principles.
I'm totally in favour of people who get supplied with good piped water having to pay towards it. I have to as do many more like me on group schemes all over the country.
As for what might happen in the future ...... Foxcommander may be some sort of prophet but the rest of us haven't a clue what might happen in years to come ( except Kerry and Kilkenny will win All Irelands).
As for haveing a good look at ourselves.... this from someone who is spouting some Naziist bile on the the US thread. ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: foxcommander on December 29, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

Disgraceful and who ever backs this charge should take a good look at themselves and their principles.

If the charges are too high then that implies that the costs are out of control and if people fear that then they should ensure a regulatory framework to ensure that this does not happen. The focus should be on the cost of water, the question of how that cost is allocated to taxpayers is a matter of detail. But, as usual in Ireland, people prefer to rant an rave rather than actually seek data on the issue

Quote from: RossfanI'm totally in favour of people who get supplied with good piped water having to pay towards it. I have to as do many more like me on group schemes all over the country.

Rossfan, you are a non person to Neeson and all the other "commentators".

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 29, 2014, 10:10:13 PM
this from someone who is spouting some Naziist bile on the the US thread. ::)

You don't need to be a prophet to realise that water charges will go up as soon as possible.
Reminds me of the government giving away the rights to oil fields all over again.
If you take the financial aspect away from this deal does giving away a resource seem ethical? This is something that happens in the third world where the people don't have a vote, education nor a pot to piss in.

as a sideline - Can you qualify your statement above? Does supporting the US Police Force and calling out CNN as biased justify your analysis. Not that you'd know anything about these topics as you've probably never left your parish with the exception of the annual trip to Dublin on the tractor for the xmas shopping. And mammy has to go with you.

armaghniac

There are water charges in pretty much every advanced and civilised country other than Ireland. Hardly an indication of the third world!

seafoid

Quote from: foxcommander on December 30, 2014, 05:09:36 AM

You don't need to be a prophet to realise that water charges will go up as soon as possible.
Reminds me of the government giving away the rights to oil fields all over again.
If you take the financial aspect away from this deal does giving away a resource seem ethical? This is something that happens in the third world where the people don't have a vote, education nor a pot to piss in.

as a sideline - Can you qualify your statement above? Does supporting the US Police Force and calling out CNN as biased justify your analysis. Not that you'd know anything about these topics as you've probably never left your parish with the exception of the annual trip to Dublin on the tractor for the xmas shopping. And mammy has to go with you.
Either water charges go up or pensions go down
It's a big decision in a town called malice.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Oh dear, what a nasty little know all you are. Travel obv hasn't broadened the mind in your case anyway. For the record I haven't got a tractor and I've been to many a strange land.

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2014, 10:59:42 AM

Oh dear, what a nasty little know all you are. Travel obv hasn't broadened the mind in your case anyway. For the record I haven't got a tractor and I've been to many a strange land.

Don't give it if you can't take it ;)

Rossfan

You're still a nasty little maneen who lacks understanding and knowledge of the big people's world.
Now putting you on my ignore list :-[

foxcommander

Quote from: Rossfan on December 30, 2014, 01:54:35 PM
You're still a nasty little maneen who lacks understanding and knowledge of the big people's world.
Now putting you on my ignore list :-[

Maguire01

What does this have to do with giving away a resource?

seafoid

if people don't like the concept of water charges they should suggest an alternative form of taxation.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU