Author Topic: Water Charges. How much?  (Read 16286 times)

Esmarelda

• View Profile
Re: Water Charges. How much?
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2017, 04:17:37 PM »
Enjoy your refunds lads, any of ye that were stupid enough to pay. There's no need to thank the thousands of us that stood up for what is right, just get up off your arses the next time yourselves.
I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up before, but would you suggest a similar protest against the LPT?

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2017, 04:21:04 PM »
Enjoy your refunds lads, any of ye that were stupid enough to pay. There's no need to thank the thousands of us that stood up for what is right, just get up off your arses the next time yourselves.
I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if this has been brought up before, but would you suggest a similar protest against the LPT?

Even more so. At least if you're forced to pay for water you (usually) get the actual water. You get nothing for the LPT.

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2017, 04:24:35 PM »

Even more so. At least if you're forced to pay for water you (usually) get the actual water. You get nothing for the LPT.
Well at least you're consistent. Why do you think the left wing groups didn't raise this issue as they did the water? Could it be because many of their voters aren't home owners and so don't get hit with the tax?

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2017, 04:27:50 PM »
Let's all stop paying for anything.
2017 Double Connacht Champions

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:03 PM »
Sort of what I was getting at. I paid my water charges and my LPT. I wondered what was the difference between these two. But what's the difference between them and USC or PAYE?

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2017, 04:36:12 PM »

Well at least you're consistent. Why do you think the left wing groups didn't raise this issue as they did the water? Could it be because many of their voters aren't home owners and so don't get hit with the tax?

I'm not sure. That's quite possible but they did kick up quite a stink. They didn't get much traction though. It was easier to boycott the water charges as it wasn't a tax and they weren't able to steal it out of your wages. However I do think annoyance at the LPT contributed greatly to the water charges protests. A tax too far. Plus the total mess they made of IW, some of the cronies appointed to IW, their refusal to block privatisation of IW.......it was a perfect storm. The left wing parties at the forefront of this unfortunately hadn't the vision to see what was happening before their eyes or if they did, they hadn't the ability or inclination to harness it. Do they really want power to implement what they talk about - I think deep down lots of them don't - which is unfortunate especially for those within those movements who really want to and would be able to make a difference.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2017, 04:37:37 PM »

2 plus 2 does not equal 5,673,889.

Esmarelda

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2017, 04:40:09 PM »

I'm not sure. That's quite possible but they did kick up quite a stink. They didn't get much traction though. It was easier to boycott the water charges as it wasn't a tax and they weren't able to steal it out of your wages. However I do think annoyance at the LPT contributed greatly to the water charges protests. A tax too far. Plus the total mess they made of IW, some of the cronies appointed to IW, their refusal to block privatisation of IW.......it was a perfect storm. The left wing parties at the forefront of this unfortunately hadn't the vision to see what was happening before their eyes or if they did, they hadn't the ability or inclination to harness it. Do they really want power to implement what they talk about - I think deep down lots of them don't - which is unfortunate especially for those within those movements who really want to and would be able to make a difference.
Good post. I agree about them not wanting power. Some of them of a very narrow political focus and, although they have an important role to play in opposition, they're not ready for government.

Luckily for me I'm loaded and I paid the lot.

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2017, 05:11:14 PM »
Can you imagine Coppinger or Daly if they had nothing to moan about?
They'd disintegrate  ;D They're only happy when they have their many faces on.
Meanwhile hardly a peep out of them about homelessness and the housing crisis.
Much too busy pushing abortion related issues.

magpie seanie

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2017, 05:17:31 PM »

That's simply not true but it's not the first time you've jumped to the wrong conclusion based on the (I'd guess, limited) evidence you have. And your own bias.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2017, 05:49:15 PM »
I presume you'll voluntarily be sending your grant money back Seanie?
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2017, 06:03:12 PM »

That's simply not true but it's not the first time you've jumped to the wrong conclusion based on the (I'd guess, limited) evidence you have. And your own bias.
I haven't seen protests and marches being organised by the loony left or the Eirigi rent a mob etc..

macdanger2

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 15, 2017, 06:19:28 PM »

You're some arsehole  ;D

You'd prefer not to pay and instead just pump raw sewerage out into the sea

Avondhu star

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 15, 2017, 06:55:13 PM »

And limited intelligence
We have declared for an Irish Republic. We will live under no other law

Rossfan

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
Some irony that Avondhu talking about limited intelligence ;D