All Stars 2012

Started by yellowcard, August 08, 2012, 10:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

I thought Walsh was deserving, had a great year,

But Flynn no way
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orangeman

I thought Anthony Thomspon had a massive year. Bound to have been unlucky.

No Kerry all star.

ballinaman

Quote from: ross4life on October 24, 2012, 09:18:42 PM
The most Mayo all-stars in a year since 1996. Even though he didn't play that well in the AI final or was well marked, Alan Dillon was Mayo's best forward this year and deserves his All star as does Cafferkey,Higgins.

Walsh,Flynn inclusions will bring plenty of debate but you can't pick all the players from the finalists.
Disagree, I'd go with Kevin McLoughlin, as would the majority in Mayo i'd say.

Tubberman

McLoughlin was Mayo's best player all year - consistently excellent.
I'd imagine the panel decided it was between him and McHugh with McHugh winning it. But that's not very fair either. The two of them are great players.
Delighted to see the 4 Mayo lads get theirs, especially Keegan - thought he was excellent all year also, but didn't think the panel would go for him as he's not a big name as such.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AbbeySider

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 24, 2012, 09:20:44 PM
I thought Walsh was deserving, had a great year,

But Flynn no way

I would have thought McLoughlin would have gotten one ahead of Flynn, and Michael Darragh MaCauley ahead of Walsh in the middle

Hound

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 03, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
This is what the commitae will pick imo

Paul Durcan (Donegal)
Neil McGee (Donegal); Ger Cafferkey (Mayo); Keith Higgins (Mayo)
Lee Keegan (Mayo); Karl Lacey (Donegal); Frank McGlynn (Donegal)
               Neil Gallagher (Donegal); Aidan Walsh (Cork)
Mark McHugh (Donegal); Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin); Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo);
Colm McFadden (Donegal); Michael Murphy (Donegal); Colm O'Neill (Cork)

That's pretty impressive Croi!
13/15, and should have been a clean sweep as there's no doubt Macauley was better than Flynn for the Dubs and McLoughlin better than Dillon for Mayo.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on October 25, 2012, 09:42:09 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on October 03, 2012, 09:22:42 AM
This is what the commitae will pick imo

Paul Durcan (Donegal)
Neil McGee (Donegal); Ger Cafferkey (Mayo); Keith Higgins (Mayo)
Lee Keegan (Mayo); Karl Lacey (Donegal); Frank McGlynn (Donegal)
               Neil Gallagher (Donegal); Aidan Walsh (Cork)
Mark McHugh (Donegal); Michael Darragh Macauley (Dublin); Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo);
Colm McFadden (Donegal); Michael Murphy (Donegal); Colm O'Neill (Cork)

That's pretty impressive Croi!
13/15, and should have been a clean sweep as there's no doubt Macauley was better than Flynn for the Dubs and McLoughlin better than Dillon for Mayo.

Thanks Hound, you can give a fairly accurate guess when you see what line people are nominated in. Flabbergasted McLoughlin didn't get one though I have to say.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

brokencrossbar1

McLaughlin suffered from the "Dublin Player needs an All Star every year syndrome".

ludermor

How the f**k has McLoughlin not got an All Star, he was damn close to MOM in every game he played!

Declan

McLoughlin the obvious candidate but I do think Flynn was excellent all year and I'd have him in instead of McHugh myself

GalwayBayBoy

Decent selection this year. Would have had McLoughlin in ahead of Dillon though. Don't think Dillon had his best year to be honest.

ballinaman

Any craic

Jim McGuinness reacts to Donegal's haul of 8 All Stars on video from Casement Park today: tinyurl.com/cvzdxqh

moysider

Shouldn t get annoyed because I gave up on the All-Stars years ago. But........

The non-selection of McLoughlin is a joke. Unfortunately makes these awards even more incredible.

Much more deserving than any of the Mayo lads that did get them. Keegan being next most deserving imo.

ONeill

First time since 2003 no animals.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.