Parking Ticket Question

Started by StGallsGAA, March 01, 2012, 11:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

I was parked outside a shop on the Ormeau Road and noticed one of those privateer f**kers in the red jackets writing out a ticket so I ran out aplogised and jumped in the car and away before he could finish the ticket.    Will I get one in the post??

ONeill

They're not all bad. Got one yesterday saying Parking Fine and was delighted at the compliment.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

fitzroyalty

The bastards usually take a photograph before they write anything down.

5 Sams

What's the chances of the Council in Kells, Co Meath chasing a NI registered car owner for a 40 yo yo parking fine? Just wondering like ::)
The Aristocrat Years

Armagh Cúchulainns

Quote from: 5 Sams on March 14, 2012, 02:12:14 PM
What's the chances of the Council in Kells, Co Meath chasing a NI registered car owner for a 40 yo yo parking fine? Just wondering like ::)

So you're to blame for the armed garda on the meath borders hassling NI cars.

Nah you should be fine, ive 3 myself - Galway, Ennis and Dundalk
Its all about the Hurling.

5 Sams

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on March 14, 2012, 02:53:27 PM

:D :D
The Aristocrat Years

leaveherinsir

Quote from: StGallsGAA on March 01, 2012, 11:16:14 PM
I was parked outside a shop on the Ormeau Road and noticed one of those privateer f**kers in the red jackets writing out a ticket so I ran out aplogised and jumped in the car and away before he could finish the ticket.    Will I get one in the post??
Good chance you will, was talkin to someone this happened to recently, he appealed it and eventually it was thrown out.
last week i bought a ticket in a pay and display car park and later on that day reused it another car park as the date and time were still valid. I got back to find a fine on the windscreen, traffic warden was still there, apparently you need a seperate ticket for every car park. Appealed it but i wont be holding my breath!

clarshack

the wife was in newry yesterday and parked in the Merchant Quay Retail Park (free parking).

when she came back to the car there was a parking ticket for £60 from these cnuts:

http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/

it said on the ticket she was fined because she left the site. i.e. because she didnt go shopping in the park

is this enforcable? should it just be ignored?

pullhard

should fine folks, if their parking is bad

LeoMc

Quote from: clarshack on April 19, 2013, 11:05:22 AM
the wife was in newry yesterday and parked in the Merchant Quay Retail Park (free parking).

when she came back to the car there was a parking ticket for £60 from these cnuts:

http://www.ukparkingcontrol.com/

it said on the ticket she was fined because she left the site. i.e. because she didnt go shopping in the park

is this enforcable? should it just be ignored?

They could never enforce it. I'm sure if she thinks about it she will remember leaving the car park to go to a bank machine and returning to Merchants Quay to do some shopping. Unfortunately they did not have your favourite brand of wine/aftershave/socks so she did not buy anything.

T Fearon

Basically you have no chance of appealing a parking fine successfully unless you have a cast iron reason or excuse for having parked illegally in the first place, normally being elderly, disabled and confused, in my experience, and im none of the three! Just about got an elderly relative off a rap recently.He got a parking ticket for parking in disablef bay outside his  own door.Had his blue badge on dashboard but not opened as he hurried back indoors to look after his infirm spouse.He got the ticket and the appeal was grudgingly and eventually accepted but it was touch and go.

Wildweasel74

some tesco are set up with free car parking if u shopping in it, i normally pop in, buy something, then go shopping up the town

laoislad

Quote from: Armagh Cúchulainns on March 14, 2012, 02:53:27 PM

Foreigners  ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

dillinger

Talking about parking,one of my fav. sites is

Youparklikeac@nt.
Change that @ to a u. ;)

David McKeown

I got one in Armagh about 18 months ago. Really annoyed me as the time restriction was 1 hour parking in any two hour period. So I had parked for a while drove to Craigavon over lunch then drove back and parked in same spot. Came out to find Warden putting ticket on my car. I complained that I had left and returned and wasn't in violation of the restriction. Warden wasn't having any of it and said he had recorded the positions of the valves on my wheels and they were in the same place. He then opened his book to show me that when he recorded them 90 minutes previous they were the same. The idiot though also showed me that he had only recorded the positions of about three cars and they all had tickets on them. So what he was obviously doing was filling in both valve positions when he was issuing the tickets but pretending he had recorded them at an earlier time.

Anyway I appealed and they rejected it and it was only when I threatened to take them to court did they let up. The worst thing is the warden is still about Armagh.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner