Ray Darcy

Started by Jim_Murphy_74, November 11, 2008, 11:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Murphy_74

Heard him interview Mary Harney this morning.  He seems to be on a bit of jaunt to prove himself as a serious journo.

Anyhow Mary H made a point about the timing of cervical cancer vaccinations at least 5 times during the interview but the penny just didn't seem to drop to Ray "Wait now.." Darcy.

Stick to the fixit Friday methinks.

/Jim.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on November 11, 2008, 11:55:32 AM
Heard him interview Mary Harney this morning.  He seems to be on a bit of jaunt to prove himself as a serious journo.

Anyhow Mary H made a point about the timing of cervical cancer vaccinations at least 5 times during the interview but the penny just didn't seem to drop to Ray "Wait now.." Darcy.

Stick to the fixit Friday methinks.

/Jim.
He has turned into a gobshite, he likes to think he is some kind of moral guardian of the nation, a sort of younger version of Gay Byrne. His anti- SUV rants are just tiresome...not to mention all those who text in with the most inane of inane drivel to the show. The show used to be fresh and fun but thats all gone now.

T Fearon

I thought he was out of his depth with Zig and Zag even

under the bar

If he tries to venture beyond the comedy role of a straight-man he gets lost.

Treasurer

I used to love the programme but it turned into one big long pontificating whinge, never listen to it now.

tbrick18

Did anyone see him hosting The Panel last week?
He was awful. He even stopped Colin Murphy from talking once so he could ask a serious question.
The worst episode I have ever seen of a usually funny show.

Gnevin

Quote from: tbrick18 on November 11, 2008, 02:16:44 PM
He was awful. He even stopped Colin Murphy from talking once so he could ask a serious question.

The Panel hasn't been funny since Dara left.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

Darcy has turned into a bigger smug p***k than GRyan, but atleat Ryan plays being a smug p***k well!
Grand Slam Saturday!

GalwayBayBoy

His radio show used to be quite good back in day but he's turned into a sanctimonious middle-aged fart in recent years.

dodo

Once these bucks reproduce they should be redeployed to the civil service or become taximen where they have their captive audience.

Louth Exile

I would have to agree myself, used to always listen to his show all the time, even won an odd one out hoddie  ;)
But he has gone completely up his own arse over the last while and can be very hard to listen to at times.

On the Harney interview, I don't think that any serious journalist would have shouted down a minister the way that he did. Yes, politicians will try and give you their scripted answers instead of giving a straight answer, but the way D'Arcy dealt with this was very poor. Serious journos like Miriam, Bowman, Matt Cooper etc. all know that its a long road and that they will want these ministers to appear/talk on their shows again. I very much doubt that Harney will ever meet a request from the Ray D'arcy show again. I think that the woman is a disgrace, her greatest "achievements" are the monster that is the HSE and drive towards a two tiered health system and of course the current scandal. I still would have given her more respect than he did if in the same position though! There are better ways of exposing a poor politican with no mandate than shouting at her!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

leenie

Quote from: Gnevin on November 11, 2008, 02:17:38 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on November 11, 2008, 02:16:44 PM

The Panel hasn't been funny since Dara left.

leenie nods in agreement!
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

magickingdom

The Real Laoislad

Have always been a fan of his show,wouldn't listen to anything else in that time slot,But I have to say this mornings interview with Mary Harney was a joke and he really annoyed me so much so I turned him off..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

thebandit

Quote from: magickingdom on November 11, 2008, 07:37:00 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 11, 2008, 12:49:24 PM
I thought he was out of his depth with Zig and Zag even

;D ;D ;D

Very good Tony!

He has lost the spark since the Bambino landed alright.... The whole lot of them have gone backwards, I'd include Jenny, Mairead and Will in that.