Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sam03/05

PPV channel - no different from Sky except not doing championship games (yet)
Viewing figures no better either. (Will he be writing articles about how more went to mass in Balbriggan?)
What a complete hypocrite.

red hander

Quote from: BennyCake on January 10, 2020, 10:21:27 PM
Don't really care as I don't have Eir, so I won't have to listen to the bollix.

This

Main Street

Quote from: red hander on January 11, 2020, 05:30:27 PM

This
What Benny is really saying,  even if he wanted to watch the NFL games televised by Eir he hasn't the nous to suss it out, and if he did have the nous, he wouldn't be able to resist the magnetic attraction of Joe Brolly.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on January 12, 2020, 08:13:33 PM
Quote from: red hander on January 11, 2020, 05:30:27 PM

This
What Benny is really saying,  even if he wanted to watch the NFL games televised by Eir he hasn't the nous to suss it out, and if he did have the nous, he wouldn't be able to resist the magnetic attraction of Joe Brolly.

What Benny is really saying, is exactly what he said above.

RedHand88

What a spoof this man is. Hope anyone who listened to his anti-sky nonsense is taking note. He's not too worried about the 86 year old hospitalised GAA man now.

Dire Ear

yellowcard

Is it confirmed that he has actually taken this job with a subscription channel. That would be the height of hypocrisy but no doubt Joe will find some angle with which to move the goalposts. It looks like his love of the limelight has superseded any well founded principle.

yellowcard

Quote from: topofthesoil on January 13, 2020, 02:04:33 PM
Fair play to Joe, he gave RTE the boot. Corporate greed was the straw that broke the camels back with RTE and Joe among a few other reasons. Now hes elsewhere voicing his analysis on the game. The jealously is outrageous. Sour, sour posters on here today.

I think it was the other way around. It was RTE who gave Joe the boot, he was dropped from their live broadcast for the AI final replay and Joanne Cantwell lost confidence in his abilities as an analyst. I'm certainly no fan of the new RTE snowflake approach across all sports of constantly looking for balance and having a whole host of bland pundits who are afraid to offer an honest opinion for fear of saying anything remotely controversial for fear of offending. However in the case of Brolly he was beginning to become really irksome and that only worsened whenever Michael Lyster left.   

As for the jealously argument, jealous of what exactly?   

BennyCake

Quote from: yellowcard on January 13, 2020, 02:50:00 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on January 13, 2020, 02:04:33 PM
Fair play to Joe, he gave RTE the boot. Corporate greed was the straw that broke the camels back with RTE and Joe among a few other reasons. Now hes elsewhere voicing his analysis on the game. The jealously is outrageous. Sour, sour posters on here today.

I think it was the other way around. It was RTE who gave Joe the boot, he was dropped from their live broadcast for the AI final replay and Joanne Cantwell lost confidence in his abilities as an analyst. I'm certainly no fan of the new RTE snowflake approach across all sports of constantly looking for balance and having a whole host of bland pundits who are afraid to offer an honest opinion for fear of saying anything remotely controversial for fear of offending. However in the case of Brolly he was beginning to become really irksome and that only worsened whenever Michael Lyster left.   

As for the jealously argument, jealous of what exactly?

I think it was a tongue in cheek post.

Beginning? He's been unlistenable for at least a decade. I'm glad to see the back of the bollix.

screenexile

He's definitely confirmed for Eir Sport... will be interested to hear how he squares that circle!!!

Snapchap

Not a year and a half ago someone on twitter accused Joe of not being that interested really in the elderly and people in nursing homes being able to watch free to air GAA matches, and accused him of having had a vested interest in his role as an RTÉ pundit.

Joe got tetchy and called the person making the claims "a little shit" and began talking about the values of the free to air GAA that he believes so passionately in and of his dislike for people like Mickey Harte who disagree with him over the issue. He's the evergreen tweet where Joe puts the cherry nicely on the top:

"I don't. I dislike the man intensely and what he stands for but that's a personal matter. As for RTÉ it's the public broadcaster and I enjoy it but I would never for example work with SKY or Eir. I am first and foremost a GAA man. What else do we have?"
https://twitter.com/JoeBrolly1993/status/1158750353896218624

imtommygunn

;D

The more shite people spout with opinions they form on the spot the more likely they are to form other opinions on the spot that contradict what they previously said. In summary those that are full of shit will always be full of shit ;D

lenny

Quote from: screenexile on January 13, 2020, 03:17:11 PM
He's definitely confirmed for Eir Sport... will be interested to hear how he squares that circle!!!

Is eir sport not free for anyone with eir broadband. That must be a huge number of people in the south based on them being the biggest broadband provider. Can we get eir sport in the north if we don't have sky? Does anyone know?

GetOverTheBar

You lads just don't see the big picture. It's not that Joe is in any way hypocritical - he's now shelving his own morals to educate the rich folk so disconnected to the real world they can afford to pay for Eir. A man truly underappreciated in his own time.