Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: Unison on May 27, 2018, 03:44:21 PM
Carlow won't fear us.  :o :o

And we won't fear Carlow. Improving every game and get a faster start than last 2 games. Drive it on now. Hopefully bring a big crowd to Croker like the good days  :)
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Tony

I think it's very very important that we get a good start against carlow. Their whole game is getting the lead and then dictating the play by being ultra defensive. It's horrible to watch but in fairness it's been very effective for them and in fairness it's nice to see a new leinster county emerge from the doldrums, local rivalry or not. Fair play to them. Beating kildare (a decent side) by 7 points is no mean achievement.

Having said all that, we're seeing huge positives in Laois this year. Great commitment, heart, desire, and we have a proper setup, the first since mcnulty, in my opinion. This one is generating a great feeling around the county, and there's a buzz back that's being missing since 07 or so. We know we can beat carlow but we can't get complacent. We're two very on form teams. My head and heart says Laois will win in the big spaces of croke park though.

A promotion and 2 good wins in leinster, and already it's been a successful year, no matter what happens next. That's the best part, and if we keep going the way we are, who knows where we'll end up. It's all a bonus from here. Fair play and thanks to all involved for creating a great buzz around football in Laois this year. Looking forward to croker in June!

Jd

And there I was giving out about the club championship being on hold till August...... Wouldn't it be great if we had to put it off for a while longer to facilitate the county team😊😊

redsetanta

What odds on Laois Carlow and Longford in Leinster semi's at start of championship. Be some day in Crocker for all three counties.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: redsetanta on May 27, 2018, 08:37:04 PM
What odds on Laois Carlow and Longford in Leinster semi's at start of championship. Be some day in Crocker for all three counties.

Not as mad as you might think rough estimate 124/1

Kildare was the real upset

Well done Laois they worked hard and while Carlow have to be respected they are no where near the anticipated challenge of a decent Kildare outfit.

We will be favorites.

Don Draper

Quote from: Unison on May 27, 2018, 03:44:21 PM
Carlow won't fear us.  :o :o
Deep down, in places they don't like to talk about at parties, they know. They know. Respect them but by f**k don't fear Carlow.

Bring it f**king on

ILikeStrawberryJam

Tactically all over the shop at the start. Long balls into donie that werent working and refusing to kick from the 45 despite a gale force wind behind them. But sugrue brought on donoher and the game began to turn.
Dillonreally grew into the game after a ropey start but hes still not a natural corner back .half back line were very good led by Begley. Llliis showed great leadership. Jol was ok.
Donie did well when he went to chf catching some good ball and kicking it in intelligently to paul.
Ross wasnt at his best but didnt have to be.
Brody was annoying me with the the pointless forays up the pitch in the 2nd half.  The odd time it makes sense but he was acting the gobshite i the 2nd half half, ended up getting booked.

Good subs off the bench. Evan pace is a great weapon.

Timmons and attride injuries a worry..

Laoiseabu

does anyone on this forum think we could beat Dublin if we get over Carlow ?

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

on the hop

Try get there first. Dublin are on a completely different level at present

Laoiseabu

For my own personal entertainment could anyone go about arranging Robert Pigott and Brendan Murphy coming back for the semi final ?

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Beat Carlow, lose to Dublin and one win in the qualifiers will get us into the Super 8s. Would only have dreamed about this at the start of the year. Well done all concerned.
Any word on Paul Cahillane...
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

BallyroanAbu

OTF

Another good win and a big score 4 goals ??  although id say  Paul was marginally offside for the first  ;D
seriously  wtf were  Westmeath  at.

Carlow have definitely come on a lot since the div. 4 final we'll earn it against them this time.