Leinster Championship 2020

Started by thejuice, November 01, 2020, 09:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: dublin7 on November 26, 2020, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 26, 2020, 01:15:06 PM
Which dublin team is the greatest of all time , 2011 , 2013 or 2020 ?

Hard to say. 2020 team have only won a Leinster title so you'd automatically discount them. 2011 side were the first team to win the All Ireland so they have a special place in Dublin folklore.

2013 is probably my favourite. Their all out attacking philosophy was great to watch and the semi final against Kerry that year was one of the best games and atmospheres I can remember.

No harm to ya but kinda missing my point , which is Dublin have dominated with a fair bit of changing personal since 2011 , makes a bit of a mockery of once in a lifetime team , Paul flynn , rory o carrol , two brogans etc all yesterday's men , joining them nsoon now will be philly McMahon,  mdma , all have been replaced by more once in a lifetime players and the cycle will never end cause of the huge advantages .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

But Larryin you're meant to sit back and enjoy watching the Superteam.
Tough luck if you want a competitive game thrown in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

dublin7

Quote from: larryin89 on November 26, 2020, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on November 26, 2020, 04:45:28 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on November 26, 2020, 01:15:06 PM
Which dublin team is the greatest of all time , 2011 , 2013 or 2020 ?

Hard to say. 2020 team have only won a Leinster title so you'd automatically discount them. 2011 side were the first team to win the All Ireland so they have a special place in Dublin folklore.

2013 is probably my favourite. Their all out attacking philosophy was great to watch and the semi final against Kerry that year was one of the best games and atmospheres I can remember.

No harm to ya but kinda missing my point , which is Dublin have dominated with a fair bit of changing personal since 2011 , makes a bit of a mockery of once in a lifetime team , Paul flynn , rory o carrol , two brogans etc all yesterday's men , joining them nsoon now will be philly McMahon,  mdma , all have been replaced by more once in a lifetime players and the cycle will never end cause of the huge advantages .

Apologies for not being a mind reader and answering what was asked. Why ask the question if you don't want an answer?

If you can name a team in any sport that has dominated forever and continues to dominate today please name them because I can't think of any.

I'm looking forward to the Dublin v Cavan semi final and the only disappointing thing is no fans will be allowed attend. It's a pity the dubs v Cavan is the first game on. Based on the level of interest on this board everyone is obsessed with the Dubs v Cavan game and Tipp v Mayo has barely got a mention.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on November 26, 2020, 06:52:17 PM

I think the Dubs would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky need for sport to be competitive.

GF is in a really weird state that has no future.

larryin89

The blame has nothing to do with Dublin but the denial is worrying
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

seafoid

If people aren't expecting a game in the All Ireland final they won't watch it.

Last year  Dublin clearly left Mayo behind and added some humiliation into the bargain.

Usually the way it worked was for a team to come near the top then gain enough experience before it won a final. Armagh did it in 2000-01 . Offaly did it in 80-81. This doesn't happen any more. Teams are more likely to be hammered and they won't win Sam.

caprea

Quote from: seafoid on November 26, 2020, 07:41:10 PM

I think the Dubs would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for that pesky need for sport to be competitive.

GF has a future, the intercounty system does not.

seafoid

Quote from: caprea on November 26, 2020, 09:31:28 PM

It would be easier to threaten Dublin with expulsion than end the inter county system.

"What county man are you" is a staple of summer conversations

seafoid

Quote from: thejuice on November 16, 2020, 12:43:38 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Dublin's advantages and unfairness etc. As long as we go up Croker with gods honest intentions to kick seven shades out of them I'll be happy. Well turn them over sooner or later. If it takes longer so be it. We just have to keep making ourselves better and doing things right. And when the day comes and we beat them and hopefully go on to lift Sam it'll be some of the sweetest days of my life, adding that to memories of 87, 88, 91, 96 and 99.
So Juice. What do you think now ?

caprea

Quote from: seafoid on November 27, 2020, 07:51:34 AM
Quote from: caprea on November 26, 2020, 09:31:28 PM

It would be easier to threaten Dublin with expulsion than end the inter county system.

It would certainly be stupider

Angelo

Currently active All Ireland winners outside Dublin

Cork - Sheehan
Donegal - McGee, McGrath, Murphy, McBrearty
Kerry - Geaney, Moran, O'Brien, Crowley, Walsh, O'Donoghue, Murphy, Enright

You couldn't even field a team with them.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Quote from: Angelo on November 27, 2020, 04:10:10 PM
Currently active All Ireland winners outside Dublin

Cork - Sheehan
Donegal - McGee, McGrath, Murphy, McBrearty
Kerry - Geaney, Moran, O'Brien, Crowley, Walsh, O'Donoghue, Murphy, Enright

You couldn't even field a team with them.
Jaysus thats a mad old stat.

phpearse

You wonder do any of the Dublin players, even for just a moment, think that something just isn't right here. Do they think that the scales are heavily balanced in their favour and that doesn't quite sit right with them. Or inside that bubble of a county panel do they think that we just work harder than the rest, that we have better volunteers that other counties and that everyone else should work as hard as they do. You would have to think that at some point they wonder that beating other teams in Leinster by 10-20 points is fun or enjoyable or just sport. Maybe they are happy, great for Dublin GAA, feck the begrudgers. You would have to think as GAA men some part of them is not too happy with the current state of play.

Rossfan

As they drive their free cars and pile up medals galore?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

And land cushy jobs and feature in shampoo commercials?