TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

RTE's The Brigade last night, reliving the conditions of  Tom Barry's Flying Column (Kollume) 
One of the mentors referring to past history, said that the FC trained for 6 days in a rural setting and afterwards as a final test of merit, went out to look for 'targets of opportunity'.
Nicely put I thought.

lurganblue

The second season of The Mandalorian has been much better than the first.  In fact, it's probably better than some of the Star Wars films.

nrico2006

Watched Unbelievable last week, it was excellent.  Watched The Killing over the past few nights, was very good although a bit too Murder She Wrote at times.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Watched the first instalment of The OA on Netflix

Enjoyed it, bit quirky but if you are into that sort of stuff its grand.. Wife didn't like it, which is brilliant as i can watch it on my own without the distractions!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

Raised by Wolves on Sky is pretty good Sci Fi drama.

Newbridge Exile

Quote from: lurganblue on December 04, 2020, 11:40:25 AM
The second season of The Mandalorian has been much better than the first.  In fact, it's probably better than some of the Star Wars films.
It has been excellent

An Watcher

Main Street

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 04, 2020, 12:17:03 PM
Watched Unbelievable last week, it was excellent.  Watched The Killing over the past few nights, was very good although a bit too Murder She Wrote at times.
Which Killing? the Danish one  or the one set in damp grey Seattle.

nrico2006

Quote from: Main Street on December 12, 2020, 01:41:25 AM

Went for the US one. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

smort

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 12, 2020, 09:28:27 AM

Went for the US one.

Should have went for the Danish one

Main Street

Quote from: smort on December 12, 2020, 03:07:24 PM

Went for the US one.

The first two series of the USA one is different and very decent, though the atmosphere rarely rises above the dark side of grim.
The Danish one was two series of 10 episodes each.  After the first series the tv viewers couldn't wait and demanded that they show the 2nd series immediately.

screenexile

Jesus lads I fell down a Taskmaster rabbit hole over Christmas... it's very very funny some real belly laughs in it I'm on series 5 now with another 60 episodes to go... I've got a week will see how I get on but would highly recommend for some light entertainment!!

sid waddell

Quote from: Main Street on December 12, 2020, 07:24:20 PM
Quote from: smort on December 12, 2020, 03:07:24 PM

Went for the US one.

The first two series of the USA one is different and very decent, though the atmosphere rarely rises above the dark side of grim.
The Danish one was two series of 10 episodes each.  After the first series the tv viewers couldn't wait and demanded that they show the 2nd series immediately.
The Danes sure know how to produce a good drama series

The Killing, The Bridge and Borgen are all top notch

The film "A Hijacking" is cut from the same cloth

Watched three episodes of the BBC's "Once Upon A Time In Iraq" documentary series today, will finish it tomorrow hopefully

Would highly recommend it

Dinny Breen

Quote from: bennydorano on December 11, 2020, 11:18:18 AM

That last episode though  >:(

The Expanse - the best Sci-Fi out there. The Wire of it's genre.
#newbridgeornowhere

bennydorano

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 29, 2020, 02:17:56 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on December 11, 2020, 11:18:18 AM

That last episode though  >:(

The Expanse - the best Sci-Fi out there. The Wire of it's genre.
New series released on Amazon there before Christmas, not as good as previous (so far). Was reading Amazon are funding 1 more series and that's it.