UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Polling as an industry has been largely discredited the past few years, they're feeding the bookies odds as well. Anything could happen Thursday.

mrdeeds

Quote from: bennydorano on June 06, 2017, 03:24:36 PM
Polling as an industry has been largely discredited the past few years, they're feeding the bookies odds as well. Anything could happen Thursday.

Polling did have Brexit as very close and called Clinton based on popular vote so in that regard was correct. Gambling websites I have a big problem with, especially ones that start a rumour or story and then take money based on it.

stew

I dont give a toss about any party in the north, I would love to see Labour and Corbyn beat those fox hunting heartless c***ts Tories but they probably wont.

The politicans in the north are bitter to a very large degree, none are worth voting for, I do know one Alliance party member running in Armagh, she is a great woman and I will probably vote for her but struggle because the Alliance Party seems to have a pro british bent to it, I am still undecided.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on June 06, 2017, 02:17:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2017, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 06, 2017, 12:54:54 PM
Tories are 2/9 with Paddy Power but they only have to lose 8 seats. May is a liability
And Labour are doing very well in the last week . You never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6hH4i_ezRg

1/12 with bet365.    That's the best polls indicator (generally)

These odds are probably in two different markets.

On Betfair:
Tory majority - 1/4
Tories to win more seats than any other party - 1/10

You never mentioned majority

The night before the remain results I backed it at 2/1 to leave, think it was 1/3 remain at the time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tubberman

Jesus Christ, I happened to see the last 10 mins of the NI Leader's Debate on BBC.
The last argument was SDLP asking DUP why they were afraid of marriage equality or a Languages Act, which prompted Jeffrey Donaldson to response with "why won't you let us fly our flag", "why are you diminishing our British identity". FFS, do things ever move on...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Avondhu star

Quote from: Tubberman on June 06, 2017, 10:01:58 PM
Jesus Christ, I happened to see the last 10 mins of the NI Leader's Debate on BBC.
The last argument was SDLP asking DUP why they were afraid of marriage equality or a Languages Act, which prompted Jeffrey Donaldson to response with "why won't you let us fly our flag", "why are you diminishing our British identity". FFS, do things ever move on...
Of course they have moved on. The both sides are steadily approaching the 19th century now
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

podge

It really was laughable. You stole my sweets type argument from Jeff. Right up there with the statement today from that loyalist outfit..

thought Eastwood did very well overall - not that it will matter a jot when it comes to the outcome

The Subbie

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 06, 2017, 10:56:05 PM
Of course they have moved on. The both sides are steadily approaching the 19th century now

You shouldn't be so hard on the stoops.
If you had to pick between them & the DUP there wouldn't be much in it but at the same time the stoops are 20th century at the least whilst the DUP are still mid 17th century.

seafoid

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/06/nicola-sturgeon-says-difficult-theresa-may-will-struggle-with-brexit-talks

Nicola Sturgeon has said that Theresa May is a "very difficult person to establish rapport with" and someone whose character is such that will she will struggle in Brexit negotiations.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on June 07, 2017, 09:16:41 AM
Interesting move...Diane Abbott replaced as Shadow Home Secretary - the day before an election!  Corbyn cites ill health.

She was a liability and only has herself to blame with not doing the groundwork before spoofing in interviews.

It's hard to see how the UK general election will go, the mainstream media are very pro Tory, May got a fairly easy ride from Etchingham last night on ITV compared to Sturgeon the night before, a load of fluffy nonsense to start off with and if you delve into social media with all the various echo chambers its easy to see how Corbyn has a connect with the common man with big rallies in the north of England, but if he was getting the same in the South East then you'd say he's a good chance of at least getting a hung parliament which then brings the DUP into play and that's not good for here..

mrdeeds

Teresa May ran through a field of wheat. Holy fook Thug Life. I absolutely hate her fish face everytime she gets a question she can't answer. Which is often and then changes subject completely. The Right Wing press are saying Corbyn couldn't be trusted to keep Britain safe while May was Home Secretary and Prime Minister during the most recent attacks. Also she needs to negotiate Brexit even though she's against it. How did Britain and the US end up with such crap leadership.

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on June 07, 2017, 09:06:23 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 07, 2017, 04:31:26 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/06/nicola-sturgeon-says-difficult-theresa-may-will-struggle-with-brexit-talks

Nicola Sturgeon has said that Theresa May is a "very difficult person to establish rapport with" and someone whose character is such that will she will struggle in Brexit negotiations.

"No deal is better than a bad deal"...that was pretty much the DUP's view of the GFA.  I think May knows a hard Brexit will be a disaster and she originally called the election, hoping for a landslide, to use it as a mandate for a soft Brexit.

Judging by the front pages of the Daily Heil and the Sun today, the right wing nut jobs are shitting themselves that the election will be close.

My gut says a Tory majority of 50 - 75 though in April they were looking at a majority of well in excess of 100.  There are a lot of shy Tories in Britain.  Anything less than a 50 majority and I think May will be under pressure.  Corbyn has had a good campaign and apart from that idiot Diane Abbott Labour have done well in media performances.  With Brexit negotiations starting in a few weeks this might be a good election to lose!

Here in the black North, I expect a bit of a Unionist revival after the close call in March.  I think Pengelly will oust Big Al in S Belfast and the DUP might take S Antrim off the UUP.  I still think Robinson and Elliott will hold on in E Belfast and FST.  The interesting one will be S Down, can SF sneak past Ritchie?  There's a dilemma for tactical Unionist voters.  Do they follow orders and maximise the Unionist vote to show the croppies they're still boss or do they continue to vote for Durkan and Ritchie to keep SF out?  There is generally less interest in Westminster elections among Nationalists these days, can SF and SDLP get the vote out again??

There should be a shy tory element. There usually is. But we are in very unusual times.

Government parties have been hammered in Spain, France, the US, Venezuela, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland  and other places in the last 5 years.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU