The Official UFC Thread

Started by RONAN, February 05, 2008, 11:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

On the fight - Khabib was just vastly superior in all areas, even managed to drop him while on the feet. The kind of top pressure Khabib exerts is exhausting for both fighters but obviously more for the one on the defensive side of things. You could see I'm the 3rd round Khabib had zero resource for his power. Was standing right in front of him with his hands down.

On the aftermath, just pure scummy bastards all round - Khabib, Dani's, the lad who suckerpunched McGregor.

Puckoon

At best upon reflection CMG only stood a punchers chance

Totally out fought

Wildweasel74

McGregor mouthing about things not even related to the fight comes back to haunt him!

Syferus

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on October 07, 2018, 08:19:49 AM
McGregor mouthing about things not even related to the fight comes back to haunt him!

:o

yellowcard

Mc Gregor was humiliated inside the ring but Nurmagomedov humiliated himself after the fight. For McGregor what goes around comes around. What is amusing is all the McGregor disciples feigning outrage at the Russians post fight antics. The irony.

Yes, it WAS a disgrace but don't be hypocrites, McGregor has acted like trash for years.

Wildweasel74

You insult a man religion; family; etc prior to a fight dont expect a opponent to take it well!  If i remember right; its not that long ago McGregor jumped into the cage after a fight which had nothing to do with him!

Solo_run

Never watched it, had something important to do - sleep.

I am a bit meh with McGregor but he should not have taken this fight after being away for so long.

The difference between what Connor did and what Khabib did was that McGregor damaged a vehicle. Khabib assaulted a person he who he was not fighting and incited a riot. With what is happening in Russia lately I would not be surprised if Khabib's Visa was revoked.

markl121

Khabib and crew have been watching too many videos of gaa fights this week

smelmoth

UFC seems to have a similar impact on scumbags as shit has on flies

Minder

So McGregor isn't the only sc**bag in the village
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Boycey

I'm not UFC fan by any stretch but is this the myth of McGregor destroyed? Four defeats in only 25 bouts... Or will we see another 12 months of hype before this guy beats him again cause to my untrained eye I don't see how McGregor ever beats him?

quit yo jibbajabba

Rumours startin that Khabib went after Rory in the crowd after he held up the wrong flag last week

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2018, 11:08:54 AM
I'm not UFC fan by any stretch but is this the myth of McGregor destroyed? Four defeats in only 25 bouts... Or will we see another 12 months of hype before this guy beats him again cause to my untrained eye I don't see how McGregor ever beats him?

Not in the slightest, Khabib is absolutely elite and losing to him is no shame. He was the favourite with the bookies after all. The 0 isn't the same in MMA as it is in boxing as there are so many different ways to lose fights.

Make no mistake, McGregor is a brilliant mixed martial artist. His ground game is much better than he's given credit for and he did pretty well defending Khabib at times last night. Unfortunately Khabib's wrestling is just next level stuff

MoChara

Never mind the McGregor stuff,  Derrick Lewis was the most entertaining man there  ;D ;D

https://streamable.com/52wvw

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Boycey on October 07, 2018, 11:08:54 AM

Agree with this if this was a boxing record it would be pretty average. Some of the greats had 4 losses or more but they also had 40 odd wins