FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on August 30, 2023, 10:09:42 AM
Quote from: galwayman on August 30, 2023, 08:32:14 AM
It seems she didn't have the players on her side.
The writing is usually on the wall in such situations.

Them girls want to play big time football but on their small minded terms. Good luck to them. They'll need it.
A lot of the McCabe stuff wouldn't be out of place at a Junior C match.
Does everyone love their manager?
It looks like something else was going on.
4 years is a long time for a manager. We don't know about the American stuff.

Captain Scarlet

The USA stuff is not going away and it will be brought up more and more.
100% the players were pissed off talking about it in the build up to the World Cup.

It puts the FAI in an awkward spot. Also she didn't seem to be on board with other thibgs. On Radio they were saying the team had no official S&C coach - surely that's not the case? But it wasn't corrected on air...
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

seafoid

RedHand88

From the Bunker

Quote from: Hound on August 30, 2023, 07:55:22 AM
I agree that no heed should be paid to the US nonsense and that Irish media (particularly Newstalk/ OfftheBall) have been ridiculous in their attacks on Vera.

Results have been really good, obviously the best ever.

There is a question mark over her style of play being too negative. Would we have done better in our three games if the girls had been let off the leash more often?

Also, I know from someone reasonably close to the camp that the girls just don't like her. I do believe that a manager doesn't have to be popular to be successful. Many top managers are not nice people, but they do tend to get their own players in their corner.

Unfortunately I think the team could be at the height of their trajectory. We need more class players. It's the outstanding Katie McCabe plus 10. I hear people saying certain other individuals are really good, but not a single other one of our team would get into the England squad (never mind the England team). It will require great effort and a bit of luck to qualify for future tournaments, no matter who the manager is (similar to the lads). Hopefully I'm wrong in that and a few more stars will emerge.

We went toe to toe with France in our last friendly before the World Cup. All was going well, until we conceded against the run of play. And then the flood gates opened.

Pauw seen this and realised we had to stay with teams as long as we could and hope to catch the opposition off guard for a winner in the last quarter of the game.

imtommygunn

It mirrors the mens football and happens so many clubs and is even prevalent in the GAA. They get so far with negative football and get accused of not being expansive enough etc then when they get a manager who tries to play that way it becomes abundantly clear the players aren't there.

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on August 30, 2023, 11:02:53 AM

Them girls want to play big time football but on their small minded terms. Good luck to them. They'll need it.

McCabe is the player and Pauw the manager. McCabe should respect that.

seafoid

seafoid

Great to see Matt Doherty getting game time again and scoring 2 at the weekend.

Captain Obvious

FAI getting rid of the women's manager where progress was made and keep on Stephen Kenny with the men for five years with zero progress.

seafoid

Quote from: trailer on August 30, 2023, 12:56:50 PM

I agree. But Pauw should have politely ignored her

JPGJOHNNYG

McGeady was skillful but he always looked knackered and his crosses were tripe. A real shame because as a young lad he looked to have loads of potential. McCarthy was another one who looked like the real deal but just didn't progress and then injuries wrecked him

seafoid

Someone on Morning Ireland said that the reason Pauw didn't get an extension was because her level of success was unlikely to be sustained. Very slick.

trailer

Quote from: seafoid on August 30, 2023, 06:19:49 PM
Quote from: trailer on August 30, 2023, 12:56:50 PM

I agree. But Pauw should have politely ignored her

Pauw should've roaded her. Just like any other manager would with someone who questions their judgement. But Katie is a media darling.
But good luck to them...they will need it.