FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Yeah Spain far superior in skill, pace and control. Should have added a couple more.

jcpen

Obviously delighted England lost but also because of their antics around Spain's penalty.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Nanderson

Quote from: jcpen on August 20, 2023, 02:04:12 PM
Obviously delighted England lost but also because of their antics around Spain's penalty.
As far as I could see she asked for the ball to be moved back to the spot and the referee agreed with her and asked the spanish player to move it back so she was right to challenge the placement of the ball

clarshack

The term 'Lionesses' was really starting to do my head in.
At least we won't hear it for a while after the next day or 2.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Itchy

Milltown Row2

Ach lads... the girls seemed like a nice group of footballers.. no airs or graces about them and what the media do is outta their control
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

Nothing against the girls personally but absolutely delighted they're beat

Captain Obvious

Quote from: clarshack on August 20, 2023, 02:10:05 PM

Was watching SKY news press preview last night, one of the red label rags had a lionesses cringe headline however one the journalists was complaining about the lack of diversity in the picture with all girls with blonde hair and blue eyes.  All of the panel moaning that none of the Royal family and Rishi Sunak travelled out and would have done so if the men was in the World cup final.

seafoid

Hard luck to the Tans. Spain were very impressive. Neither team had won before. A very interesting tournament and inspirational for girls.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 20, 2023, 04:39:30 PM

Was watching SKY news press preview last night, one of the red label rags had a lionesses cringe headline however one the journalists was complaining about the lack of diversity in the picture with all girls with blonde hair and blue eyes.  All of the panel moaning that none of the Royal family and Rishi Sunak travelled out and would have done so if the men was in the World cup final.

Maybe so , but there was  no lacking when it came to  lesbians  , to be fair . So I  suppose it evened itself out

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 20, 2023, 05:55:15 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 20, 2023, 04:39:30 PM

Maybe so , but there was  no lacking when it came to  lesbians  , to be fair . So I  suppose it evened itself out

Eh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 20, 2023, 03:02:41 PM
Did Spain get hammered in the group stage?

They did when they had already qualified for the last 16.

An Watcher

England got a very fortuitous path through to the final.  They can only beat what was put in front of them but to meet teams ranked 40th, 25th and 10th on their way to the final is crazy. 

Pub Bore

Spain were by far the better team.  Should have won by a few more.  Eng had a bit of luck in the tournament but never looked like winning this game.  France must be kicking themselves.  On a sad note, goalscorer Olga Carmona was told after the game that her father had died on Friday.