FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: jcpen on August 09, 2023, 03:10:46 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 01:40:34 PM
Quote from: jcpen on August 08, 2023, 03:53:28 PM
Was great seeing Megan Rapinoe miss a penalty the other day.

Why?
Why not?
Sport like in life there are people you like and people you don't. If I had said I was delighted to see say De Bruyne miss a penalty(as an example)would you be asking me why?  I doubt it.

No, I wouldn't.

But then again Kevin DeBruyne is not a target of right wing hatred and abuse due to his political and other advocacy, is he?

Taylor

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 09, 2023, 03:08:03 PM
Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 01:55:12 PM
I had no idea what Rapinoe's sexual preferences were or indeed her political preferences.

From a sporting perspective I feel she is a horrible jumped up person.

Saw a video of her signing a kids balls - she couldnt even look at the kid.

As arrogant as they come
You could have a fair stab at it!

I now know her sexual orientation - makes zero difference to my opinion of her.

Still is still a horrible person

J70

Quote from: NAG1 on August 09, 2023, 02:58:04 PM
Quote from: weareros on August 09, 2023, 01:41:31 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on August 08, 2023, 06:44:44 PM
I'm surprised the number is as low.  Thought there'd be more than that.  No big deal either way

I thought it was 9. This article says 8, which made us #2 next to Brazil. No pun but that should be a source of pride for the modern nation we've become. I'd hope Irish people would not be jumping on the far right American hostility towards Megan Rapinoe. These are the same people out cheering Donald Trump. This whole "woke equals failure" applied to sport and her penalty miss by conservatives is as twisted as I've ever seen.
https://gcn.ie/irish-footballers-among-world-cup-lgbtq-athletes/

Should we be more proud of the gay ladies than the straight ones? I'm totally lost in this. It has no bearing on their ability to play football.

It's a football tournament and their preferences have absolutely no impact on this.

He didn't say we should be MORE proud.

Hopefully some day sexual identity and preference will be a non-issue. Given the almost complete lack of players in elite men's sports, especially, I think we're a long way off that.

Even the GAA - there's David Gough and Donal Og. Has anyone else at senior intercounty level come out yet?

J70

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 03:21:33 PM
I had no idea what Rapinoe's sexual preferences were or indeed her political preferences.

As arrogant as they come

Because of a video you saw?

NAG1

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 03:30:08 PM
I'm surprised the number is as low.  Thought there'd be more than that.  No big deal either way

I thought it was 9. This article says 8, which made us #2 next to Brazil. No pun but that should be a source of pride for the modern nation we've become. I'd hope Irish people would not be jumping on the far right American hostility towards Megan Rapinoe. These are the same people out cheering Donald Trump. This whole "woke equals failure" applied to sport and her penalty miss by conservatives is as twisted as I've ever seen.

Should we be more proud of the gay ladies than the straight ones? I'm totally lost in this. It has no bearing on their ability to play football.

It's a football tournament and their preferences have absolutely no impact on this.

Hopefully some day sexual identity and preference will be a non-issue. Given the almost complete lack of players in elite men's sports, especially, I think we're a long way off that.

Even the GAA - there's David Gough and Donal Og. Has anyone else at senior intercounty level come out yet?

By highlighting one section, the insinuation was already there.

There is no need for it to be highlighted at all at a sporting tournament, it is a non-issue.

J70

Quote from: NAG1 on August 09, 2023, 03:41:58 PM

There is no need for it to be highlighted at all at a sporting tournament, it is a non-issue.

If it's a non-issue, why are you bothered that it's being highlighted?

NAG1

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 03:54:30 PM

It is non-issue and I wasn't highlighting it, merely pointing out the irony of the previous statement.

I am not bothered, but by the issue being raised it becomes an issue.

Maybe my statement should have read, that is 'should' be a non-issue.

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 03:34:43 PM

As arrogant as they come

Her general demeanor in that video - then a video of her winning a trophy (could have been the last WC) where she was mouthing about how she deserved it.

In fact anything I see of her is her being obnoxious/thoroughly unlikable person.

I couldnt give a f**k what her political or sexual leanings are

jcpen

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:13:41 PM

As arrogant as they come

Her general demeanor in that video - then a video of her winning a trophy (could have been the last WC) where she was mouthing about how she deserved it.

In fact anything I see of her is her being obnoxious/thoroughly unlikable person.

I couldn't give a feck about who she is riding either or what her political beliefs are, she just comes across as an absolute weapon.
On the funny side of things I saw a video of her claiming her girlfriend was the greatest athlete of all time in any sport!! I had never heard of her.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

J70

As arrogant as they come

I looked up the "I deserve this" clip.

You're easily offended.

J70

Quote from: NAG1 on August 09, 2023, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 03:54:30 PM

It is non-issue and I wasn't highlighting it, merely pointing out the irony of the previous statement.

I am not bothered, but by the issue being raised it becomes an issue.

Maybe my statement should have read, that is 'should' be a non-issue.

Hopefully some day.

Taylor

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 04:28:38 PM

As arrogant as they come

You're easily offended.

Not much of a comeback J70 - Im easily offended  :o

From what I have seen of her I thing she is an absolute tosser.
Im not offended by her in the least however from my limited knowledge of her she is a horrible person.

Maybe if I meet her I would change my mind but until that time............

As you are contesting my assertion of her what makes you think the opposite of me?

J70

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 04:45:22 PM
Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 04:28:38 PM

As arrogant as they come

You're easily offended.

Not much of a comeback J70 - Im easily offended  :o

From what I have seen of her I thing she is an absolute tosser.
Im not offended by her in the least however from my limited knowledge of her she is a horrible person.

Maybe if I meet her I would change my mind but until that time............

As you are contesting my assertion of her what makes you think the opposite of me?

I haven't expressed any opinion on her to this point.

I admire her public stances and bravery.

I know little about her personality. She may be the biggest w**ker ever, but a five second clip of her celebrating a WC win and clip of a single interaction with a young fan are hardly solid ground for dismissing someone  as a "horrible jumped up person".

jcpen

Anyways.... It was great to see her miss the penalty all the same  ;D
This is one of my 3 usernames.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: jcpen on August 09, 2023, 04:56:34 PM
Anyways.... It was great to see her miss the penalty all the same  ;D
Agreed, the usual woke wet wipe snowflakes out with their pitchforks as predicted.