FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

weareros

She's on the right side of history. She's an inspiration to young women to give them the courage to come out, as are the 9 women on the Irish soccer panel. When you hear Katie McCabe talk that playing with other gay women, gave her the courage to come out, you begin to feel that life is not always easy for these young women to be themselves. It certainly was not easy for previous generations of Irish women. Those young women need heroes like Megan Rapinoe. She is right to demand equal wages, she is right to lay into that clown that is the president of FIFA. So what if she missed a penalty. She has changed the world of young gay women for the better.

AustinPowers

Quote from: weareros on August 08, 2023, 04:27:22 PM
She's on the right side of history. She's an inspiration to young women to give them the courage to come out, as are the 9 women on the Irish soccer panel. When you hear Katie McCabe talk that playing with other gay women, gave her the courage to come out, you begin to feel that life is not always easy for these young women to be themselves. It certainly was not easy for previous generations of Irish women. Those young women need heroes like Megan Rapinoe. She is right to demand equal wages, she is right to lay into that clown that is the president of FIFA. So what if she missed a penalty. She has changed the world of young gay women for the better.

Nine of the  Irish panel  are gay?

An Watcher

I'm surprised the number is as low.  Thought there'd be more than that.  No big deal either way

Cavan19

Quote from: An Watcher on August 08, 2023, 06:44:44 PM
I'm surprised the number is as low.  Thought there'd be more than that.  No big deal either way

Why are you surprised?

statto

Would have been interesting to see the media reaction to Lauren James after her beckham-esque stamp if England lost.  The reaction towards Beckham at the time was absolutely scandalous. 

J70

weareros

I thought it was 9. This article says 8, which made us #2 next to Brazil. No pun but that should be a source of pride for the modern nation we've become. I'd hope Irish people would not be jumping on the far right American hostility towards Megan Rapinoe. These are the same people out cheering Donald Trump. This whole "woke equals failure" applied to sport and her penalty miss by conservatives is as twisted as I've ever seen.
https://gcn.ie/irish-footballers-among-world-cup-lgbtq-athletes/

Taylor

I had no idea what Rapinoe's sexual preferences were or indeed her political preferences.

From a sporting perspective I feel she is a horrible jumped up person.

Saw a video of her signing a kids balls - she couldnt even look at the kid.

As arrogant as they come

weareros

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 01:55:12 PM
I had no idea what Rapinoe's sexual preferences were or indeed her political preferences.

As arrogant as they come

An old video clip that the usual suspects and enraged, outraged men (Piers Morgan - pure as snow that lad) are now sharing all over Twitter on the back of her penalty miss.

NAG1

Quote from: weareros on August 09, 2023, 01:41:31 PM

I thought it was 9. This article says 8, which made us #2 next to Brazil. No pun but that should be a source of pride for the modern nation we've become. I'd hope Irish people would not be jumping on the far right American hostility towards Megan Rapinoe. These are the same people out cheering Donald Trump. This whole "woke equals failure" applied to sport and her penalty miss by conservatives is as twisted as I've ever seen.

Should we be more proud of the gay ladies than the straight ones? I'm totally lost in this. It has no bearing on their ability to play football.

It's a football tournament and their preferences have absolutely no impact on this.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Taylor on August 09, 2023, 01:55:12 PM

As arrogant as they come
You could have a fair stab at it!

5times5times

Even after her pen miss she's crying for EqUaL pAy... The quality is dirt, which she's keen to skip over.

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on August 09, 2023, 01:40:34 PM
Quote from: jcpen on August 08, 2023, 03:53:28 PM
Was great seeing Megan Rapinoe miss a penalty the other day.

Why?
Why not?
Sport like in life there are people you like and people you don't. If I had said I was delighted to see say De Bruyne miss a penalty(as an example)would you be asking me why?  I doubt it.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

jcpen

Quote from: NAG1 on August 09, 2023, 02:58:04 PM
Quote from: weareros on August 09, 2023, 01:41:31 PM

Should we be more proud of the gay ladies than the straight ones? I'm totally lost in this. It has no bearing on their ability to play football.

It's a football tournament and their preferences have absolutely no impact on this.
It does though apparently. You happen to not like someone that happens to be Gay it makes you automatically homophobic in some people's minds.
I think she's an absolute cnut to be honest. The more I read about her the more I'm convinced if it.
This is one of my 3 usernames.