FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

keep her low this half

Young lad Ferguson came on at centre forward for Brighton the other night against Arsenal, looked lively and scored a good goal. Does anyone know much about him, how is he doing with the under age teams? Could he be a decent centre forward in the making?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: keep her low this half on January 03, 2023, 09:43:19 AM
Young lad Ferguson came on at centre forward for Brighton the other night against Arsenal, looked lively and scored a good goal. Does anyone know much about him, how is he doing with the under age teams? Could he be a decent centre forward in the making?

He has a lot of potential so fingers crossed but then it wasnt that long ago we had 4 young strikers breaking into premiership teams (Parrot, Connolly, Obafemi and Idah) and scoring some goals, unfortunately the lot of them seem to have all gone backwards.

Dag Dog

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on January 03, 2023, 10:49:42 AM
Quote from: keep her low this half on January 03, 2023, 09:43:19 AM

He has a lot of potential so fingers crossed but then it wasnt that long ago we had 4 young strikers breaking into premiership teams (Parrot, Connolly, Obafemi and Idah) and scoring some goals, unfortunately the lot of them seem to have all gone backwards.
It seems to happen a lot with Irish players. Are they never as good as the hype, or does the whiff of having made it go to their heads?

Captain Scarlet

I think the thing with Ferguson is all the family and inner circle are meant to be good for keeping his feet on the ground.
Ferguson is also a bit of a monster and seems to be able to use it. Idah never seems to realise he is actually a big man.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

yellowcard

I think certainly some of them do believe in their own hype. Ferguson played for Bohs first team when he was only 14 so there is more hype about him but they can only be really judged after a couple of seasons playing first team football. Certainly not after a handful of appearances. Troy Parrott was hyped up as the next Harry Kane but hasn't delivered on the early promise. Connolly is full of endeavour but limited in ability while Idah is a useful player but will never score enough goals to be top level.

SHEEDY

Evan Ferguson starts for Brighton tonight against Everton
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Scarlet

I know the age and club means there is talk of Connolly, but his play never developed and seems to rely on speed.
Ferguson seems to have a lot more football intelligence and I really loved him leaving the boot in a couple of times.

He played a very mature game and he is meant to have a bit of cop on which the other lad is meant to lack.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

yellowcard

Let the hype begin. To be fair he played well tonight but it's only one game against a hapless Everton side. However the very fact that Brighton have put their trust in him must mean he has something about him.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on January 03, 2023, 09:44:25 PM
Let the hype begin. To be fair he played well tonight but it's only one game against a hapless Everton side. However the very fact that Brighton have put their trust in him must mean he has something about him.

He scored last game also... Brighton are a decent side
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea