FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: An Watcher on October 13, 2022, 11:24:20 AM
Has anyone been in a football changing room?  Has anyone been in a football changing room after winning a trophy? Has anyone ever been in a changing room after qualifying for a world cup?
I've been in loads of the first, could count on one hand the second and none of the third.
This wasn't pre-planned or organised in any way.  It was one of hundreds of songs.  I don't see it as any big deal and the furore is ridiculous.

Been in plenty (non world qualifying mind you) and haven't heard up the ra being sung in fairness, It still should have been said or sung, purely for the fact that others will use it against them and take away the historic achievements of this team qualifying for a World cup for the first time..

It was daft and be rest assured won't be sung again, obviously its been put through the media spotlight and don't think for a second if the shoe was on the other foot other ones wouldn't be complaining

Some people won't see it as being a problem others will, I don't see how that's not difficult to understand, again personally I don't think there was intent to support the 'Ra' in any shape or form as they would have no real idea of what happened in the north

Anyway UPPA  BRA will be the new lyrics
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

weareros

I do find it a bit troubling that the creative geniuses of the Wolfe Tones act like it's an original catchy  riff created by them when it dates to a 70s song by the Gap Band called Opps Upside Your Head and fairly sure the various soccer chants with names also preceded it. But credit where it's due.

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on October 13, 2022, 12:15:05 PM
I do find it a bit troubling that the creative geniuses of the Wolfe Tones act like it's an original catchy  riff created by them when it dates to a 70s song by the Gap Band called Opps Upside Your Head and fairly sure the various soccer chants with names also preceded it. But credit where it's due.
Presumably not this version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_C8-5L989k

seafoid

2 years ago the mna were accused of being Spursy. Great management in the meantime

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 01:31:58 PM
2 years ago the mna were accused of being Spursy. Great management in the meantime

Were they not amateurs back then and very amateur IIRC?

Itchy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 13, 2022, 11:32:47 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on October 13, 2022, 11:24:20 AM
Has anyone been in a football changing room?  Has anyone been in a football changing room after winning a trophy? Has anyone ever been in a changing room after qualifying for a world cup?
I've been in loads of the first, could count on one hand the second and none of the third.
This wasn't pre-planned or organised in any way.  It was one of hundreds of songs.  I don't see it as any big deal and the furore is ridiculous.

I've been in many dressing rooms where we have had huge success. Given where I'm from this may amaze people but I have never, ever sang any level of a rebel song, provo chant, Oh Ah etc etc. We have our own chant, which is to the tune of A Nation Once Again, but it's a football chant.  I have never heard rebel songs sung at any of our gatherings. People who would have been in our company would have had 'reason' to do so but never did. We Ah Rooo Chaaa Chaaed with the best of them but never felt the need to should our Irishness through out dates songs.

Perhaps we were just secure in who we were and let our sport do the talking?

Can you record that chant of yours and post it up here, I want to judge it.

seafoid

Quote from: johnnycool on October 13, 2022, 01:36:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 01:31:58 PM

Were they not amateurs back then and very amateur IIRC?
60% of the squad were semi pro

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 01:26:14 PM

Not bad. Thus I believe is the original.

https://youtu.be/yVjFwcdQlN0

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on October 13, 2022, 02:34:30 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2022, 01:26:14 PM

Not bad. Thus I believe is the original.

https://youtu.be/yVjFwcdQlN0
very funky

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2022/10/13/vera-pauw-shirks-nothing-as-she-leads-her-side-into-a-whole-new-world/

"It's more that we ourselves have high standards, so we want to develop further, that we can keep the ball under pressure better, that we can play out better
And against Scotland this was the way we won on tactics. We had a better game plan than they had."

tonto1888

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 12, 2022, 11:50:23 PM
They are fully grown adults who clearly are stupid as f**k.
WHY??? sing that song. Literally any other song could be sung.

A lot of them play for decent clubs and would be medua trained. They made a total bollix of a feelgood story.

Says they "clearly are stupid as f**k" but can't spell media......

tonto1888

I see Carla Lockhart has written to Birmingham City FC to see if they intend to conduct an investigation as she is led to believe a number of players in the ROI women's team plays for the. She invoked the Birmingham bomb and everything

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 13, 2022, 06:50:46 PM
I see Carla Lockhart has written to Birmingham City FC to see if they intend to conduct an investigation as she is led to believe a number of players in the ROI women's team plays for the. She invoked the Birmingham bomb and everything
Little to be at.

seafoid

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 13, 2022, 05:06:34 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on October 12, 2022, 11:50:23 PM
They are fully grown adults who clearly are stupid as f**k.
WHY??? sing that song. Literally any other song could be sung.

A lot of them play for decent clubs and would be medua trained. They made a total bollix of a feelgood story.

Says they "clearly are stupid as f**k" but can't spell media......
Maybe the intended word was Medusa