FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

The song wouldn't mean anything to most of the players.
That apology would be the end of it regardless of how many social media iterations it does in the North. And the song won't change the demographics. 

Itchy

Quote from: markl121 on October 12, 2022, 02:40:46 PM
Quote from: WT4E on October 12, 2022, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: markl121 on October 12, 2022, 01:45:00 PM
Ah jaysus have yous seen the sky interview
https://twitter.com/skysportsnews/status/1580148392273010688?s=46&t=cDUYzkcym6Qa3-bNf_ZVpA

Fcuk me who made this girl go out for the Brits to shame her on a British News Platform! Its starting to make wanna go out and sing the Celtic Symphony for first time since I was 18. Its embarassing the explaining thats going on. release and statement and if anyone wants to talk about it point them to the statement.
After initially thinking it was embarrassing, now I'm going the other way and thinking f**k them. They're so out of touch with reality. Sing it to f**k girls

Same, I won't have the level of history education in this country questioned by some English prat on sky TV. Take a look in the mirror.

Wasn't celtic symphony No1 in the charts at one point?

whitey

Things that were completely acceptable 10-20 years ago, are no longer acceptable.

Simple as

magpie seanie

Milltown Row2

Quote from: michaelg on October 12, 2022, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 12:45:04 PM
Quote from: highorlow on October 12, 2022, 12:37:54 PM
That's the problem though. Why the fcuk would a team of footballers need to sign 'Oh ah up the Ra'?  It's bloody ridiculous. Banning phones is not the way to fix this, banning stupid f**king idiotic songs is how to fix it. Imagine if you had Linfield singing 'Billy Boys'?  The majority of that team where not even alive during the Troubles. People really need to f**king grow up

I'm both offended and confused now by your statement, i always thought that the "Ra" in the lyrics was the original IRA?

Don't be confused, whether its about the 'OLD' Ra or the new one, its doesn't matter to those that will turn these own goals into something they will use to say to 'their' crowd that the south are glorifying the Ra.. Now take the context away and its a bunch of Irish lady soccer players singing a popular Celtic song, and no one should get in a twist about it.

Allowing or giving the DUP any sort of ammunition just stokes up division and anyone who refuses to see that is an ostrich
On first view, I'm afraid I can't agree with you.  Pretty unpleasant way to celebrate a great success on the pitch.  As for stoking up division, it's the singing of the song itself that is doing that.

So you actually think these girls from the south of Ireland who have been born in a country that hasn't had the troubles, so have no history at all of the 'ra' new or old ra are singing a song to be sectarian? Personally I think they are singing a popular Celtic soccer song with no malice
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

An Watcher

My view of the girls hasn't changed one iota.  Well done and congratulations

seafoid

Vera Pauw is very impressive

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/1012/1328693-fai-apologise-for-offensive-songs-in-dressing-room

Speaking to RTÉ Sport, Pauw insisted: "The values that we carry is that we have respect for everybody.
"The first meeting with the players was about having respect, that's how we work."
Expanding on that theme, the Dutch woman added: "We're sincerely and deeply sorry for what happened and it doesn't matter if the players meant anything or not, because they didn't mean anything, because it was a celebration.
"That doesn't mean they should not realise what they were doing.
"And also, not to put it on social media, if it's in a private room it should not happen either, because of having respect for everybody, respect for the history.
"Your freedom ends where you go into the freedom of somebody else.
"The freedom of doing this is brought to an end the moment you hurt people, and we have hurt people, and we are very deeply sorry for that."

Armagh18

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 12, 2022, 07:15:01 PM
Sing it loud and proud. Well done girls.

Let's just say they'll never sing it again, especially if they are looking to be involved in professional sport across the water
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

RedHand88

An Watcher

Ye couldn't make this shit up.  Total mountain out of a molehill taking away from a fantastic achievement.  Not to worry, the world cup is a long way off and it'll be long gone by then

red hander

Quote from: RedHand88 on October 12, 2022, 08:23:39 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on October 12, 2022, 07:15:01 PM
Sing it loud and proud. Well done girls.

Congratulations, you are as bad as Bryson.

Jesus. Calm down. We get this every twelfth, and it's 'normal' . Wise the f**k up