FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: highorlow on October 12, 2022, 12:37:54 PM
That's the problem though. Why the fcuk would a team of footballers need to sign 'Oh ah up the Ra'?  It's bloody ridiculous. Banning phones is not the way to fix this, banning stupid f**king idiotic songs is how to fix it. Imagine if you had Linfield singing 'Billy Boys'?  The majority of that team where not even alive during the Troubles. People really need to f**king grow up

I'm both offended and confused now by your statement, i always thought that the "Ra" in the lyrics was the original IRA?

Don't be confused, whether its about the 'OLD' Ra or the new one, its doesn't matter to those that will turn these own goals into something they will use to say to 'their' crowd that the south are glorifying the Ra.. Now take the context away and its a bunch of Irish lady soccer players singing a popular Celtic song, and no one should get in a twist about it.

Allowing or giving the DUP any sort of ammunition just stokes up division and anyone who refuses to see that is an ostrich
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Pub Bore

According to the manager it was one of the players who posted it.  Not the sharpest tool in the squad. ::)  Because of my background and views I'm not personally offended or outraged, but this is a PR disaster which has been picked up by the mainstream British press.  It'll put a lot of people in the South in an awkward position.

Having said that, some of the people having the biggest meltdowns gladly support, fund, and attend events like Armed Forces Day, which is an annual slap in the face to victims...but a different sort of victim and much lower in the hierarchy.

markl121

Laughing at one's trying to deny they were singing it and In fact they were singing something different 😂. They sang it, we all know they did, everyone knows the song. FAI apologised let's move on. Our own side have their heads in the sand just as much as unionists do over things like this.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 12, 2022, 01:07:35 PM
According to the manager it was one of the players who posted it.  Not the sharpest tool in the squad. ::)  Because of my background and views I'm not personally offended or outraged, but this is a PR disaster which has been picked up by the mainstream British press.  It'll put a lot of people in the South in an awkward position.

Having said that, some of the people having the biggest meltdowns gladly support, fund, and attend events like Armed Forces Day, which is an annual slap in the face to victims...but a different sort of victim and much lower in the hierarchy.

What has this got to do with the price of butter? Can't keep bringing other shit up as it does not deflect things, ah but ah but
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Stephen Nolan will be wetting his pants at that video. Its stupidity in what should have been those girls finest hour, yet its not exactly the most important thing happening in the world today. But in this sectarian cesspit it will fill the news cycle for the next 24 hours anyway.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 01:18:47 PM

What has this got to do with the price of butter? Can't keep bringing other shit up as it does not deflect things, ah but ah but

What are you on about?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 12, 2022, 01:21:08 PM

What are you on about?

The first part of the post deals with it, the second part I've highlighted is dealing with what?

seafoid

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/1012/1328669-fallon-success-lies-in-the-grassroots/

"It is very difficult for women because women and girls don't get the same opportunities. They don't get the same opportunities and resources.

"If anyone wonders whether or not they can make a difference, the difference they can make is on the ground at their local club by ensuring that every girl has the same access that every boy has, the same access to facilities, the same access to the standard of coaching.

"I got to coach Galway United last year and that was a moment for being the first female head coach of a professional men's team in Ireland and the thing is that the only way that I could have done that is if people gave me opportunities throughout my career.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 01:22:45 PM

What are you on about?

The first part of the post deals with it, the second part I've highlighted is dealing with what?

It's dealing with the hypocrisy of some people.  It's a fact and a totally valid comment which doesn't deflect in any way from, or offer an excuse for, the balls up the soccer players have made.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Pub Bore on October 12, 2022, 01:26:27 PM

What are you on about?

It's dealing with the hypocrisy of some people.  It's a fact and a totally valid comment which doesn't deflect in any way from, or offer an excuse for, the balls up the soccer players have made.

There is hypocrisy everywhere, the sooner people just put their hands up move on and don't engage with whataboutery then it will go away quicker

We are all guilty of that BTW but in this case someone needs a good slap

Pub Bore

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 01:30:23 PM
Quote from: Pub Bore on October 12, 2022, 01:26:27 PM

What are you on about?

There is hypocrisy everywhere, the sooner people just put their hands up move on and don't engage with whataboutery then it will go away quicker

We are all guilty of that BTW but in this case someone needs a good slap

Agree that there is hypocrisy in all walks of life, not just in the political climate here and if we pointed out every example we'd be here till Xmas. But I don't think that means a particular example - as i see it - should necessarily be ignored. 

I notice Simon Coveneny has started the "can we all just move on" tactic.  He'll be lucky!

Milltown Row2

Social media has been ramped up in the space of an hour on FB I'm not on any other social media bar here so its bound to be going crazy on the cesspit that is Twitter

Wildweasel74

I think if it was the Northern or England team or England saying something certain people find offensive we be giving it, this just move on, the same attitude with violence in fball, nothing to see, move on, it reoccur again due to these attitudes. See no more plainly that flags on bonfires each year. You can't beat Stupid or sticking u head in the sand.

Pub Bore

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 12, 2022, 01:38:50 PM
Social media has been ramped up in the space of an hour on FB I'm not on any other social media bar here so its bound to be going crazy on the cesspit that is Twitter

I gave up Twitter about 4 years ago when I realised that i was arguing with someone i didn't know about something I didn't really care about at 11:45pm ???